PC2 Resolved Welcome Back! - Contact & Crashes (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stitch

Reaction score
Steam
View
Date: 24/09/2017
Event: Welcome Back Race 2 (Dry) and Race 3 (Wet)
Members Involved: @Stitch @Psychotronic
Description: Incident 1 occurred during race 2. Having started in 18th position for this race, after not being able to participate in the first, I made my way up to 8th in a battle with The Wayfarer. Having passed him before the chicane, there was a battle in front of me involving two cars and Psycho. I assume at the time Psycho was trying to let them by, but by doing so went off track onto the grass, lost traction, spun and crashed into me as I was turning into the corner besides the pit entry. I think he should have remained on track and allowed the other cars to pass beside him, rather than putting himself into a position that causes others to lose out on a good battle. I ended up finishing 14th after having to pit for major repairs.

Incident 2 occurred during race 3. This one is far less serious though I am curious as to what his intentions were. Having been in a racing incident the lap prior, I was at the back and had to make my way through the field. I got alongside Psycho on the start-finish straight and left him room on the left hand side of the track and kept alongside him for a good setup for turn 1. It's a straight, so minimal steering input should be required - about half way down the straight he takes a sharp right turn into the side of me causing himself to spin off track and for me to almost lose control towards the pit wall.

I'm honestly not too concerned with the race results I received as a result of these incidents, what is done is done, but because we promote clean racing, I think sticking to the track is a must to prevent incidents like these in the future. Being aware of surrounding drivers is equally important, as on the first occasion he rejoined right in front of me, which I found odd, because he leapt out the way for the first two cars. Seriously though, no bad feelings, just something that I feel needs to be brought to your stewards attention. :)

Evidence:

Incident 1, Race 2

Incident 2, Race 3

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score

Psychotronic

Reaction score
Steam
View
Yeah that was totally my fault,
race 2, The full thing here was that i was trying to let the pack pass me and as you saw I went out to the grass accidentally and as i came back I overbraked my self and lost control.
race 3, I am not shore why my back was sliding even though I was on the straight, probably after i accidentally touched Stitch i oversteered a bit and that caused my car to slip a bit and that's why I hit him the second time. I didn't want to hit him it just happened.
I take full responsibility for these, as I made some bad decisions out on track. And I honestly feel sorry for causing these accidents.
(ps. I was suffering with the stability of the opel so my track awareness suffered from this. I am not saying this as an excuse as its not, just didn't want to leave out any facts.)

Last edited:

Stitch

Reaction score
Steam
View
It's completely fine, only reason I bring these up is because there's two rules that RSR have that I think should be taken into consideration in future races to prevent situations like these from happening.

1.4 Lapping

1.4.1 - If you are going to be lapped, you should hold your racing line and leave the other driver responsible for making a safe pass. By sticking to the racing line, your movements are more predictable. It is also helpful to lift off the throttle, to allow the lapping car to pass sooner.

2.1 Track Rejoins

2.1.2 - If you do go wider than expected and leave the track, you must allow any following cars to pass before re-joining. You may not block a car by returning to the track prematurely unless they have clearly indicated that you have the room to do so (eg. moving clearly out of your way).

I know you tried to get out of the way by moving off the track, but that's often more dangerous than staying on track, and the rules state you must hold your line and allow others to pass. It's safer this way and causes less confusion. Before you spun into me, the two cars that were alongside you were knocking each other in an attempt to avoid you, almost resulting in a second, much larger crash.

And in the event you do go off track, please don't rejoin right in front of a car that is passing. I know your intentions were not to spin and hit me, but knowing you had stability issues with the car, rejoining in front of any cars without warning is often very dangerous. As a result, last night was quite a bad one for me, resulting in one race I didn't compete in and the other two finishing below 12th as a result from crashes and incidents.

It's a new game, new physics so I can relate to the difficulty in controlling the cars and can forgive these incidents in as I know everyone is learning, but please stick by the rules so these events don't occur in the future. :)

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Having reviewed the footage provided by all members involved, the Stewards deem this a racing incident and have decided to take no further action.

We would also like to highlight section 1.4.1 of our Driving Standards:

"If you are going to be lapped, you should hold your racing line and leave the other driver responsible for making a safe pass. By sticking to the racing line, your movements are more predictable. It is also helpful to lift off the throttle, to allow the lapping car to pass sooner."

When being lapped, going off track should be avoided at all times, instead you should stick to your racing line and keeping your movements predictable is always the best course of action.

As a note to all drivers involved, please remember the Steward Room is only to be used if all drivers involved in an incident cannot reach an agreement through their own communication after the race. We would encourage everyone to speak with any driver you have an issue with post-race to see if such matters can be resolved civilly before taking it to the stewards.

Secondly, please try to keep any video evidence provided as short and concise as possibly to make the reviewing process quicker and easier. Finally, when posting in the steward room, simply state your view on the incident and any required evidence and leave any decision-making or driver coaching to the stewards.

Are you both happy to release this publicly? If one refuses the thread will stay hidden, please leave a reply in here.

@Stitch @Psychotronic

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)