• We are proud to announce Season 10 of the Revolution Cup!
    For more information about the upcoming league follow this link!
  • We are proud to announce Season 4 of the Evolution Series!
  • We are proud to announce Season 3 of the Blancpain Challenge (by PRD and RSR)!

PC2 Resolved Welcome Back! - Incident 1 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbnob

Founding Member
Reaction score
Date: 24/09/17
Event: Welcome Back!
Members Involved: @Blue Monkey
Description: Last lap, second to last corner, fighting for the lead. As we came up to the chicane blue monkey moved in front of my car at the last second and slammed on the brakes, causing a collision and ruining my chance at getting the corner and the win.
Evidence: My view:

Blue monkey's view:

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
B

Blue Monkey

My statement
I made my move clearly before braking and did not move under braking and went parallel to the track & racing line. I did not do more than 1 move, I did also no sudden move (it was no swerving).
I did not brake early - take t0daY as reference, I roughly braked at the same time, maybe 3 meters earlier as I had t0daY in front of me and didn't want to hit him during corner entry, because of the accordion effect. I also wanna make the Stewards aware, that the BMW has a longer braking distance than the Megane.
In my opinion Hobbnob just braked too late and did not move enough to the left in preparation for an overtake or an accordion effect.

Despite my hardest try to not overshoot the corner (you see me on 100% braking until I reached the grass) or to hit t0daY, I couldn't make the chicane and had no other choice but to cut it. In the processing I thereby overtook t0daY and decided to give him back the position, as it was obviously an illegal overtake.
In my eyes I don't have to give back the position to Hobbnob, as I clearly completed the pass and he hit me from behind during a counterattack.
I'm also sure I didn't gain an advantage, as I would have been anyways in the 1 sec window of t0daYs penalty, further Hobbnob was in at the end aswell, so in my opinion he had no disadvantage from the collision.

All in all, In my opinion it was just an unfortunate racing incident, during a great battle in the last lap, where in the end nobody lost anything. I came forward to Hobbnob to discuss the incident and gave him my view, as we were different opinion, Hobbnob decided to open this Steward thingy.

Last edited by a moderator:

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Moved to stewards.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Having reviewed this case, the stewards have concluded to take no further action.

However, we would like to remind both drivers of section 1.1.2 of our Driving Standards:

"1.1.2 - You should, at all times, try to avoid any intentional contact during our events. We understand that a degree of contact is inevitable but, this must always be kept to a minimum, even if you have to compromise your race to do so."

We also would like to remind both drivers that it is their responsibility to avoid contact where possible and be mindful of drivers' differing braking points, especially when in 'class-based' races.

Are you both happy to release this publicly? If one refuses the thread will stay hidden, please leave a reply in here.

@Hobbnob @Blue Monkey

B

Blue Monkey

I honestly don't care, I trust you guys to do the right thing with it :)

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)