What car do you drive? (1 Viewer)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
True, especially in their dark red livery, the shapes looks stunning !
Shame that they charge (at least, they did when I got mine) nearly double the price for that red colour - was about £750 in the UK, compared to just under £400 for I think every other metallic colour. It's a lovely colour, there's a '6 in that colour parked most days on the road into my nearest town, it always makes me look at it :) . Mind you, £750 is the cheapest paint option on a Jag, with the next step up costing thousands :eek:

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If this thread was about 8 years ago, I'd have some nice cars to show. Unfortunately, these days it's a company car in the form of a Skoda Octavia 1.5TSi Estate. Does it's job really well as an estate car. The engine is 150hp with the 7-speed DSG and is actually really nice. Handling is pretty dull, lots of grip but not much fun even with the adaptive dampers.

20200811_195845.jpg

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I know I've posted shots elsewhere, but the Mazda 3 went to the great dealership in the sky in March to be replaced by something a little more interesting.
View-from-the-hill-pt3.jpg

Managed to do just over 1100 miles since March, up until last weekend, and now it's up to 1800 miles and almost time to unleash a few more revs. Despite being stuck in awful traffic on Friday, resulting in a 6-hour journey that should have taken 3 hours, the Jag proved its worth as a lovely place to spend time. As happy pootling along in a traffic jam as it is given an open road ahead of it. For the number of times it made me smile and giggle like a little child I'd say it was worth twice what I paid for it.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I had one of those! Much nicer than the latest design that looks utterly awful from the rear passenger door back - there's a lot more 'metal' in the latest generation and it really doesn't suit the car at all, the generation you've got is quite possibly the nicest looking imho.

EDIT: It's the old Nissan Primera that the new shape reminds me of in the rear quarter.

Mazda 3 - old vs new

View attachment 9406

Nissan Primera from 2004

View attachment 9407

The old '3 had far less metal in that rear section and although I know they've tried to smooth the shape out, I really don't like it at all. It makes the back look far too big for the size car it is, IMHO, and more like a soft-roader than a mid-size hatchback. But I'm biased,, I had the old shape (like Paul's new car) and I liked it quite a lot.
funnily enough I was driving primera's until that generation and I could not stomach the 04 version...

javoresku

Community Member
Reaction score
I did have to sell my house to buy it remember :D
I wonder who got the better deal overall - You selling a house for a Jag or me selling my M3 for a house. :)

Pierre CREUSEVAULT

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Speaking of car, here's my 1988 Corolla GTi ! It does need a bit of a refresh but you can't go wrong with a naturally aspirated hothatch :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_20191020_102812.jpg
    IMG_20191020_102812.jpg
    523.5 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:

RdMracer

Community Member
Reaction score
Seat Mii's from work :dead:
Volvo 244 failures got out of hand and of types that were too difficult for me. So I sold it to a friend. (and it's running better than ever now...)

Looking for buying something in the range of a Volvo 340 next April. Where I live it's not too much of a problem to be without a car in winter.

Users who are viewing this thread