Which Wheel? (1 Viewer)

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
I currently have a Logitech G920 but I'm thinking of getting an upgrade to something a bit quieter and less rattley and that has a bit better FFB & a bigger wheel.
(i don't need pedals so any that come with will be junked)

it will be mounted to a playseat challenge.

I cannot afford or justify DD so that's not an option.

the options that I'm looking at are; (second hand)

Thrustmaster T300RS - reliability issues?:confused:
Thrustmaster TS-PC - comes with wrong type of wheel so i'd still have to buy a round one.:(
Fanatec V1 (£150) or V2 (£350) - just for the base!! :eek:
Fanatec CSL Elite (£374) - brand spanking new! with a wheel and paddle shifters!!!:)

is the Fanatec V1 a good (cheap) option? do the wheels come with paddle shifters or is that yet another bit I'll have to buy?

has anyone got any suggestions or possibly anything for sale?

Last edited:

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I bought a T300 RS GT new a few months ago, and haven't had any issues with it so far. The clamp is a bit annoying, but I can live with it. 1 thing I've noticed though is that the internal fan keeps spinning at a low rpm even when my system is off, so that could presumably lead to a failure down the line. I'm not risking it though, so I unplug it when not in use now.

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
I made the upgrade from Logitecha few years ago to a used Fanatec CSR Elite and haven’t looked back since. Great value for money in my opinion.
I did have to replace a ciurcuit board after a short while, just my luck, but the part was readily available and supplied by Fanatec. Not missed a beat since.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Black Friday isn't too far off, so you might stay patient to look for a great Fanatec deal.

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
Black Friday isn't too far off, so you might stay patient to look for a great Fanatec deal.

the only time i'm patient is when I go to the doctors!!

Mearcat

Community Member
Reaction score

If saving and getting the best bargin is what your after, Shepards correct.

Upgrade route from logitech (LGT) is normally - TM > Fanatec > DD.

Tm gear has smoother FFB than the LGT but is not much more of a performance/Quality gain for the price. LGT are gear driven FFB hence the noise and TM are mostly belt driven which is a bit smoother and quieter.

Fanatec wheels are about your best bet (as your price concious) as they provide a greater level of quality and better performance from the belt driven FFB system. Also they have a large choice of interchangeable wheel rims that you can collect over time.

A Fanatec CSL base will cost you E420 (£372) new with a GT rim, or E550 (£488) with a formula rim (prices not with delivery). So that one you found for £374, sounds like a bargin IF it comes with the formula rim.

You say that you can't afford or justify a DD wheel, compact OSW wheels are available at attainable prices now. The SW7C kit, which has the same peak output as the Fanatec wheel bases, is £450. Although the draw back here is you need to get a rim and possibly a button box to go with it, OR you can get a fanatec rim with an adaptor! (best of both worlds :cool:).

I personally am saving for a SW10C DD kit (£540), the rim is not an issue for me ;), but I also will have to adapt my pit with a metal framework before I get the DD kit.

Back to advice, upgrading from a logitech, you will get better returns going for Fanatec gear. Get that CSL one you found if you can't wait but if you can, hold till fanatecs sale and get a V2.5.
If you can hold just that bit longer saving a few more pennies, you might find you can join the DD club.

Last edited:

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
judging by Fanatec's previous black friday "deals" I'm not sure if it's worth waiting for....they don't offer everything on sale so chances are there won't be anything I need/want on offer anyway..

the CSL Elite comes with a basic P1 round rim (which would be good enough for me) - I won't be able to see it anyway! (the ps4 version is £80 more and comes with an £80 more expensive wheel)

edit: on further investigation the PS4 version of the CSL Elite has the new CSW motor - so that might be the way to go....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread