• We are proud to announce Season 4 of the Blancpain Challenge (by PRD and RSR)!
    For more information about the upcoming league follow this link!

Assetto Corsa Competizione World Cup - S1 - Round 2 - Bathurst (1 Viewer)

World Cup - S1 - Round 2 - Bathurst
Posted by Battenberg
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Saturday, September 26, 2020 - 11:00
Until: Saturday, September 26, 2020 - 23:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Assetto Corsa

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Official Event Info: Website, Discord Channel

Date: Saturday, 26th September 2020
09:30 UTC - Practice 1 (Qualy/Starting Driver Only)
09:45 UTC - Drivers Briefing
10:00 UTC - Qualifying
10:30 UTC - Server Restart & Practice 2 (All Drivers)
11:00 UTC - Race (10 Hours)

General Details
Car Classes:GT3
Max Entries:40
Min/Max Drivers per Team:3 / 4
Maximum Stint Time:65 Mins
Maximum Total Driving Time (3/4 Drivers):347 / 260 Mins
Race Duration720 Mins
Race Tyre Sets9
Live Stewarding:Yes

Registered Teams
#22 RevolutionSimRacing Blue - Mercedes AMG GT3 - @Exited @Jeff[NL] @Morvic @JetPistol
#70 RevolutionSimRacing Red - Audi R8 LMS Evo - @Battenberg @drukqs @Puffpirat @kobusnell

Last edited by a moderator:

Assetto Corsa

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Reserved

Ricardo Macieira

Staff Assetto Corsa
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
liveStream.png

Qualifying:

Race:

Last edited:

Exited

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm provisionally out of this one. Will be moving house during the week leading up to this, so won't have time to commit to prep & race.
Maybe a wise idea :D:D

Shepard

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Oh man my nerves are tingling already
Reminds me of my first ever endurance race in VEC...my left foot was shaking like crazy for the first 10 minutes in the car, I was THAT nervous... You'll be fine ;)

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Don't worry, i'll bin it before you have a chance to drive :) ahaha.

Now on a serious note: you'll be fine :).
Thunderstorm again :angelic:

Ricardo Macieira

Staff Assetto Corsa
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
good luck boys

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Exited ahead of Jardier who's streaming

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'll just quickly write an update here as I need to wind down...

Super congrats to car #44, blue team, who won the race! I you want to watch an insanely tense race stream, check out the last hour or so of the race. That was sick. I'll leave it to them to write full update.

Red car had a very interesting race. We started 33rd or 34th I think. @drukqs was starting the race, and got a small spin at the start. All the way to the back of the field. Then a very very good first stint, after a couple of tricky laps at the start, got us up to 23rd before his first stop. First stop was just for fuel, double stinting the tires. I think we got up to 20th, dropped 2 places due to the old tires, and then @drukqs pitted.

My turn. First stint went well. I'm not as fast as my team mates but I got relatively little damage. Double stinted as well. Second stint was going okay, times were okay, we got up to 19th, and then the number 8 car spun at Skyline. I was going slower, got over the crest, slammed on the breaks, but there was nowhere to go, and the guy behind us crashed into me. Got a lot of damage. Spun again due to damage. Had to stay out to make the strategy work, was losing a lot of time unfortunately but had to do enough laps to comply with the stint timers at the end of the race. Luckily @drukqs calculated what we need, on the fly, perfectly. Pitstop was 1:16 I think, for fuel, tires and repairs, so thats 46 seconds for repairs. Ouch.

Then @Puffpirat got in the car, and he set a blistering pace. He came out in 32nd I think. Two stints, each with fresh tires. It was so clear he was faster than everyone around him. 32nd, and when he was done, give the car to @drukqs in 18th or 17th place. That was mental.

@drukqs cam back out in 24th, and again, my teammates are super quick and consistent. He did two stints with new tires. The second set were iffy at the end, we'll contact Pirelli to figure out why their tires flat spot so easily... Pitted in 18th place again, super job.

My second stint in the car was about staying clean. I was on the stream for a while battling the 56 car, which is cool. See about 3:50 remaining in race. Other than that, I concentrated on staying consistent and clean. I'm proud of limiting repairs to nothing for first tire set and 0.158s for second one, and limited the amount of places lost. I too pitted in 18th.

And then Puffi did another stellar stint. This time he needed to double stint the tires, where the second stint exceeded an hour. Superb job. If you look at the lap times, he was doing low 2:03s, to mid 2:03s on those old tires. I was doing high 2:02s on first stint tires, when the lap went well. And I we had about one lap left on the stint timer at the end?

We finished 15th overall and 2nd in class.

Ah man, endurance racing is exhilarating. Bathurst is a beast.

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
what a great race, this guys at The SimGrid are really on top of this in terms of organization.

Anyway, @Puffpirat was supposed to quali but he had RL committments so i had step in the hotseat.
When 2:00:6 in bathurst gives you P34 out of 42 cars, you know that the field is tuff as f***, but then again, it's all about racecraft on endurance races and i suck at qualifying.

Speaking of racecraft, mine was appalling on race start. My row happened to get green light in the middle of the last corner, so we got some gap from the guys in front....i measured my breaking wrong and i bumped the car in front...i think the guy near me did the same and he took me out and i spun....
Dead last on Turn 1.

Anyway, first few laps was going through the field, taking as few prisoners i could, which costed me a few bumps here and there, nothing serious. Still not the best start ever.
Got my composure back and managed to finish my 2 first stints without big incidents and from P42 on lap 1 i think we were around P20ish when i pitted.

@kobusnell went on track and everything was going according to plan until car #8 (that car...) spun on top of the hill and didn't manage to safely rejoin the race.
There was nothing he could do: they were sideways in the racing line on the blind entry to skyline. Kobus managed to actually almost avoid the car due to quick reflexes and the bump to #8 was quite minor, the problem was that the car behind didn't even bother to break and slammed into Kobus.
Anyway, I reported the incident and both those 2 cars got penalties.

Kobus car was running 5-7sec slower per lap, and there was still about 40min to go on his stint (Before puffy was planned to Join) so we mos def needed to get the car into the pits.
I called Puffy to get ready to race and started doing some math on-the-fly and on the last second I told Kobus to 'stay out one more lap we are going to need that to not have to do a manual DT to reset the stint timer' -> this proved crucial in the end.

We lost about 2min (1 lap) all-in-all with all this incident and were back to P30+.

Puffy blitzed through the field with stellar performance on his 2 stints, he managed to get us to P19 (more than 10 positions gained) in 2hours!

It was my turn again and after a few laps with traffic and some confusion where i needed to unlap myself (this is where being ruthless is necessary Kobus :p) i had clean air for 30min so pulled a few good laps and was doing my best laps on the end of the tyre life. Second stint was similar but i had a few lock ups, and got a flat spot with 30min to go, so lost 0.5sec a lap due to that. Love the tyre physics in this game! In the end i think we were P18.

Kobus did his two stints again, i was not around for most of the time as i was having dinner, but, from what i heard and saw, was absolutely clean: I take clean everyday to being ridiculously fast, just watch the 'hotlapper' Tortellinni and Jardier the alien streamer, both ended behind us.

Puffy took it home, with another 2x stellar stints, specially as he had to nurse the tyres on the double tyre stint, as because of the incident before, this tyres would have to last 2h10 rather than the planned 1h50.
Oh and by the way, his stint ended with 1 min left, so yes...remember that extra lap i told Kobus to do before? It made all the difference!

In the end we ended P15, and P2 in Silver so i am very very happy with our results, and really great driving from my teamates @Puffpirat @kobusnell .

Congratz to RSR Blue, well deserved win!

Onwards to SPA 24h!

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Is always the #44 that wins :D

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Folks, massive congratulations to both teams. I've watched a few great RSR races and this one was right at the top. Sadly progress for RSR Red was mostly a case of watching the leaderboard and being staggered every time another place was gained. RSR Blue barely got a mention in the first 8 hours because they were just so dominant. In the end that punt into the chase made the race a little more "interesting" than it ever should have been. A true commentators curse right before it happened. Props to Antonov for a god-mode charge to nearly bring down the gap in the last 2 hours, but RSR Blue was just too good, and the victory had been forged in the first 10 hours. Phenonminal drive guys, I don't think you put a foot wrong.

This race is right up there with that Daytona 2019 chase-down finish by RevolutionSimRacing Yellow.

Exited

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
WOW, what a ride that was yesterday, from looking good, to looking awesomely good, to nailbiting and 180 heartbeats per second good :D

Michael did again an awesome job and putting us in a solid P9 (?) for the start in such a tight and competitive field.
Then it was my job to do the start and the first of three tire double stints. I was super nervous tbh and even touched the wall in The Dipper on the inside in the formation lap :D but then everything went to the bright side to us and I mean literally everything. At the start the Ferrari in front of me tried to overtake into T1 and braked a little bit to late. This caused him and an Audi I think to run a little bit wide and I could sneak through, already 2 places gained. In L4 or so, the Yas Heat Ferrari got his braking completely wrong into the Chase and went onto the grass, already P6.Two corners later the Audi went a little bit wide and I took P5 on the Mountain Straight and thought that this can't be real :D
At this point we already recognized that everyone around us had a much more downforce setup than us, so nobody could attack us on Conrod straight and I could relax a bit and focus on my driving. Held P5 to the Pitstop and followed the plan to double stint, which gave us another position at the moment as our pit time was shorter.
Could manage the tires quite good in the second stint and lost only one place to Jardier. Only minor issue was a spinning Ferrari in the cutting but I could slow down early enough to only loose a little bit of time.

Then @JetPistol got into the car and our opponents were dropping like flies. Jardiers Audi team crashed into a stationary Audi at the mountain, the #1 Audi had several issues so we found ourselves in P3. Michael did a really good stint, no issues at all and really good pace.

Next one was @Morvic . He had some scary moments in the beginning of his stint where the inside kerb of the fast hander on the mountain played the Coffin Dance meme a couple of times. But after some laps he did set a blistering pace. The Honda went into the wall in the cutting then and gifted us P2 with the russian AMG around 30s ahead. As the tires were quite good at the end of Mats stint we decided to do the 2nd double stint earlier than scheduled. The Russians changed to their 3rd driver and he some serious problems, really bad laptimes and also boxed again after 20min in this stint. From then on we were in the lead and could increase the gap further and further.
@Jeff[NL] hopped into the car and despite he felt uncomfortable yesterday he had good pace, consistency and drove a super clean stint with 0,0s damage.

Everything looked so fine and especially after the #2 Ferrari binned it again in Forest Elbow with around 3h45mins to go we really had a reasonable gap to P2, but who could know that Kirill is gonna set such a pace in the last 2h :eek:
What a finish it was and what a relief when Michael crossed the line with 2,5s left of the gap!

Thanks to my teammates, absolute stelar performance by everyone yesterday. Who could have think of that we win a race in this super competitive series and then it's also probably the hardest race in the calendar!

Congrats also to Team Red, great recovery drive and really good pace overall!

Onto the next one, Spa24!

Cheers,
Dom

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
WOW, what a ride that was yesterday, from looking good, to looking awesomely good, to nailbiting and 180 heartbeats per second good :D

Michael did again an awesome job and putting us in a solid P9 (?) for the start in such a tight and competitive field.
Then it was my job to do the start and the first of three tire double stints. I was super nervous tbh and even touched the wall in The Dipper on the inside in the formation lap :D but then everything went to the bright side to us and I mean literally everything. At the start the Ferrari in front of me tried to overtake into T1 and braked a little bit to late. This caused him and an Audi I think to run a little bit wide and I could sneak through, already 2 places gained. In L4 or so, the Yas Heat Ferrari got his braking completely wrong into the Chase and went onto the grass, already P6.Two corners later the Audi went a little bit wide and I took P5 on the Mountain Straight and thought that this can't be real :D
At this point we already recognized that everyone around us had a much more downforce setup than us, so nobody could attack us on Conrod straight and I could relax a bit and focus on my driving. Held P5 to the Pitstop and followed the plan to double stint, which gave us another position at the moment as our pit time was shorter.
Could manage the tires quite good in the second stint and lost only one place to Jardier. Only minor issue was a spinning Ferrari in the cutting but I could slow down early enough to only loose a little bit of time.

Then @JetPistol got into the car and our opponents were dropping like flies. Jardiers Audi team crashed into a stationary Audi at the mountain, the #1 Audi had several issues so we found ourselves in P3. Michael did a really good stint, no issues at all and really good pace.

Next one was @Morvic . He had some scary moments in the beginning of his stint where the inside kerb of the fast hander on the mountain played the Coffin Dance meme a couple of times. But after some laps he did set a blistering pace. The Honda went into the wall in the cutting then and gifted us P2 with the russian AMG around 30s ahead. As the tires were quite good at the end of Mats stint we decided to do the 2nd double stint earlier than scheduled. The Russians changed to their 3rd driver and he some serious problems, really bad laptimes and also boxed again after 20min in this stint. From then on we were in the lead and could increase the gap further and further.
@Jeff[NL] hopped into the car and despite he felt uncomfortable yesterday he had good pace, consistency and drove a super clean stint with 0,0s damage.

Everything looked so fine and especially after the #2 Ferrari binned it again in Forest Elbow with around 3h45mins to go we really had a reasonable gap to P2, but who could know that Kirill is gonna set such a pace in the last 2h :eek:
What a finish it was and what a relief when Michael crossed the line with 2,5s left of the gap!

Thanks to my teammates, absolute stelar performance by everyone yesterday. Who could have think of that we win a race in this super competitive series and then it's also probably the hardest race in the calendar!

Congrats also to Team Red, great recovery drive and really good pace overall!

Onto the next one, Spa24!

Cheers,
Dom
I mean what else can I add to this, good summary. And a great race, I didn't even think that we would be contesting P1 in this race, and here we are, winners of one of the most prestigious simracing events. I'm so proud of our team, great effort. Team Red also great job, I think you had some problems and seeing you in P2 silver class also brings joy, mega!

I can actually add something more, just a thought. The team that was chasing us, Like and Subscribe team did blistering pace at the end, I mean Kiril Antonov did unbelievable pace. I'm no simracing veteran, but I think I do racing long enough (would be 4,5 years now I think) to say that last hour was one of the most astonishing things I've ever seen from a driver. Never have I seen something simmiliar, the pace and consistency. And yet one of his teammates apparently was very toxic and angry at the end, from what I could read in the comments (translated, so might be wrong!) at the end he was very tilted at the end result and egoistic about everything - generally speaking not a team player type of person.
While it makes me quite sad about Kiril, since he did his absolute best and still had to experience that kind of behaviour, it makes me happy that RSR isn't a community with people like this. We are all team players, we win and lose together. So this win just tastes even better for me and I think my teammates will agree on that. :D

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Any one of the RSR Blue heroes fancy pinging me that setup from Bathurst. I fancy a bit of hotlapping on that track, see if I can get anywhere near you aliens...

Ricardo Macieira

Staff Assetto Corsa
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread