XenForo 2.1 - What's New?! (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hello @Members,

The upgrade is finally done and everything is almost back to normal. "But what actually changed" we hear you cry, "Why was the upgrade needed?" Let's have a look!

XenForo 2.1 includes a large number of new features and improvements, including:
  • Native push notifications on supported devices/browsers
  • Editor button management
  • Enhanced editor integration and advanced BB code option syntax
  • Markdown support
  • Tables
  • Reactions
  • URL unfurling
  • Emoji enhancements including an improved smilie menu with easy emoji access
  • Video uploads
  • Approval queue improvements
  • Guest performance improvements including guest page caching
  • Content bookmarking and sharing
  • A fully featured REST API
  • One click XenForo upgrades and easier add-on installation
  • BB code and rich text editing for profile posts and comments
On a personal note, I am really looking forward to the new built-in "Push Notifications". It still needs some tweaking but we are getting there to go live with it here at RSR :)

As you would expect with push notifications, you do not necessarily need to be viewing the forum when the notification is received, nor does the browser even need to be active, as demonstrated here:

(Only really downside is that Apple Smartphones are not supporting this..)

Here is the whole "Have you seen...?" - Series by XenForo for the geeks who actually are interested in every small detail ;)

Very Important!

If you experience any sort of bug or weird behavior which is not normal please report it straight here. As I mentioned already, some smaller bugs are still around and also the style of the forum needs some further tweaking to fit better into the new XF2.1 environment.

Leave a comment, leave a question. Every post is more than welcome :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hey manu..
I dont supose you know how i can turn off the bit at the bottom that pops up on android the tab with fourm whats new etc etc for me it pops up at the most inappropriate times and i keep catching it when ever im trying to scroll down and end up being redirected...yes my short fat fingers dont help but be nice if theres an option to turn it off if possible.. Cheers in advance.
Screenshot_2019-02-23-09-06-10.png

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hey manu..
I dont supose you know how i can turn off the bit at the bottom that pops up on android the tab with fourm whats new etc etc for me it pops up at the most inappropriate times and i keep catching it when ever im trying to scroll down and end up being redirected...yes my short fat fingers dont help but be nice if theres an option to turn it off if possible.. Cheers in advance.
View attachment 6196

You cant. This is by design I am afraid.

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Is there any chance we can get back the old reactions? Such as "Optimisic", "Winner", "Helpful" and so on. I kinda liked them :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Is there any chance we can get back the old reactions? Such as "Optimisic", "Winner", "Helpful" and so on. I kinda liked them :)

I am working on that :)

Users who are viewing this thread