Project CARS 2 10th Dec 2017: 2 Hours of Texas - Crossover with PRD (1 Viewer)

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
my first endurance race and i really enjoyed it. things to retain:

- be aware of night racing temperature changes. The hard tyres at night simply were no good to me and i lost all the pace.
- Don't panic with spun cars in front while you are in a fight for place: my big mistake in the race was because of this and i had plenty of time to adjust my trajectory there.
- Better use the car management system. It is a stupid mess and i think i fluked on my first pit as i wanted to change my strategy to include repairs, and i think i accidentally chosen 'default setup' as i did not change the tyres and had to come back again for tyres on the next lap. I then had 5 or 6 laps while i was driving with one hand and correct my car management with the other on the pit straight :D.

Overall a great experience and I hope we can repeat!

-=EV3RY=-

Community Member
Reaction score
Had a good race until an incident damaged my car and then i managed to destroy my engine 45 mins into race. Learned a lot from my first endurance race and looking forward to another. Congratulations to 1st and 2nd place, watched their race for the last 30 minutes and thoroughly enjoyed it, well done guys. Thanks to RSR and PRD for putting this event on :)

Stocky

Community Member
Reaction score
Great race everyone, and especially my race with you @ProjectPD. There's nothing better than crossing the finish line side by side after 2 hours of racing.

This was my 4th or 5th crossover race with RSR & PRD, and it's never a disappointment.

Can't wait until the next one.

Hint Oval Hint

Ranjanado

Community Member
Reaction score
Was an awesome race, really enjoyed it until my Pcars 2 game crashed wth 30 min to go. I was gutted. Had a nice battle with druks before a little spin at night (could not find a way to un-lap myself). A lot of learning to do. Was getting confused as to who the leaders were (apologies to them if I caused problems). Watched Stocky and Project PD go head to head in the last 20 min. What a great battle until the game crashed again with 10 min remaining. Many thanks for organizing. I need to learn how to overtake and be committed as I'm always half and half (inside or outside) apologies to Silly for the nudge on the first corner. I misjudged my braking point.

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Was an awesome race, really enjoyed it until my Pcars 2 game crashed wth 30 min to go. I was gutted. Had a nice battle with druks before a little spin at night (could not find a way to un-lap myself). A lot of learning to do. Was getting confused as to who the leaders were (apologies to them if I caused problems). Watched Stocky and Project PD go head to head in the last 20 min. What a great battle until the game crashed again with 10 min remaining. Many thanks for organizing. I need to learn how to overtake and be committed as I'm always half and half (inside or outside) apologies to Silly for the nudge on the first corner. I misjudged my braking point.

Bit more than a nudge :D but no hard feelings - a good lesson for next multi-class endurance race in lapping slower class cars.:) I saw you coming up quite quickly on the outside line so I stayed inside to give you plenty of room and lifted off before the braking zone to help you pass but you cut back across behind me and out-braked yourself. Again, no hard feelings, was a fun race regardless. :)

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks to RSR and PRD for organizing this endurance event! I like the long events. :)
My strategy was 50min on hards and then two times 35mins on softs. Strange was, i had troubles at the end with the hards, but with the softs i made new PBs near the end. And I had 3liters left at the end of the race, perhaps next time a bit more reserve.
The race itself was a good training for me because I could learn how to overtake. :D And I found out the hard way it's better to wait sometimes to a safe overtake place. They were after the chicane and on the Oval in my opinion. I had once a spin and hope this caused not too much of a problem of the other driver who drove into me (I don't know who this was, sorry).
Ah, and I really need to learn to select the pit strategy while driving, this is too much things at the same time to concentrate ;)

-=EV3RY=-

Community Member
Reaction score
Ah, and I really need to learn to select the pit strategy while driving, this is too much things at the same time to concentrate ;)

Crewchief is your friend :joyful:

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Crewchief is your friend :joyful:

Hold on there...I just installed crew chief last week, but i havent used for this. This will greatly enhance my possibilites. Can you point me to a guide to setup it to work with race car management? Because driving with one hand at 300kmh and changing my pit strategy with the other at the same time, is not a good thing to do :D

-=EV3RY=-

Community Member
Reaction score
All the instructions are in the Help and getting started tab, scroll down til you see the "ICM" commands, that's how I found out what to do and I'm a noob with crewchief.
Once set up just shout out what strat you want (After setting some pit strats of course) and it changes it on the fly.

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
thanks, first i need to setup the stupid voice recognition thing...i have been having problems with that for years, when i used voice attack to play another game.

-=EV3RY=-

Community Member
Reaction score
Voice attack didnt work for me. Once i set up crewchief in the CORRECT language it worked a treat.

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Got both working perfecty now yeah...had to change the buttons a bit i think they need to be default for crew chief to work correctly :D tks m8 that was appreciated and will be handy for sure!

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
First of all I wanted to say that I had a lot fun during this event and I really hope to see more of these organized in the future :) My race was very lonely and frustrating to be honest but for me the fun comes as a whole with the preparation and the excitement :)
Starting with quali, I was glad to reach my objective which was to match my PB but obviously being off the pace I had earned my ticket to destination fucked :hum: I mean a mid field race start ;) Speaking of that one, I was involved in the incident where I got hit in the side by the driver next to me who was himself hit by an overtaking driver. We discussed that after the race and the cause was that some drivers (myself included) didn't react fast enough when green was called but I still think it should be the responsibility of the overtaking drivers to do it in a safe manner. I don't want to point the finger at anyone, everybody was hot and these things happen, so let's make it a lesson so it won't happen next time ;) Like many others I limped back to the pits and had the mechanics rebuild my car from scratch (they must have had a bad weekend). Last place, stress gone, I switched to a 1 stop strategy (more like a 1 ICM mistake + 1 actual stop) with softs for the second stint. This actually made me gain a lot of positions troughout the race and I could stay consistent with very few mistakes. Nothing much exciting to say about the rest of the race, finished around the position I qualified so no regrets except I would have liked more battles.

So thank you guys for the race!

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Oh and I just wanted to point out that some LMP900 drivers did a very good job at overtaking GTE cars safely and correctly so both would loose as little time as possible, even flashng their headlights during the night. Unfortunately others would just dive bomb nearly taking you out, then understeer, then go back in front of you making you lift the throttle just to spin 3 corners later... Don't get me wrong I'm not criticizing their driving skills, I just would like these people to realize it has an impact on other people's race and that they could better plan their overtaking for next time. I reckon I am not flawless myself as I unintentionally blocked ProjectPD by trying to get out of his way, lesson learned! I hope you were able to clean your underwear after that, sorry ;)

Phos4us

Community Member
Reaction score
The GTE start was not called distinctly and audibly, hence the lag in most drivers reacting. Some drivers went and some waited to make sure that the start is what they heard. That confusion still doesn't excuse going 4 wide before the start/finish line at the start of a 2 hour race. I ended up on my roof in need of lengthy repairs which put me over a lap down to most of the rest of the field. It took a couple of laps to regain my composure and adjust my brake bias to the race conditions and then went to work running clean and consistent laps on my 1 stop strategy. I think I was running the fastest pace in class from the 60-90 minute mark even though I had some damage from debris on the front stretch. That helped me recover from 19th in class and 32nd overall to 8th in class and 16th overall from my 11th/24th place starting position. The rate of closure on the LMP900s was pretty insane. The watchword for endurance racing is patience.

I've linked my video for the race. For some reason the audio did not upload, so I will try again. You can see the confusion play out in brake lights. There isn't a lot of mystery to the accident as it plays out starting at 4:18.

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i think for the next time we should make separate green green greens for each class as i think that was leading to a bit of confusion as the backmarkers of gt class were hardly lined up properly when the green flag came.

Users who are viewing this thread