Project CARS 2 10th May 2018 - A Vintage Spring (1 Viewer)

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
I will give this a try!

Name: Shepard
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? Yes

Gosku

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Name: Gosku
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? yes

firefly

Community Member
Reaction score
What are the rules regarding setups? I don't see anyting in the OP about it.

I'm considering to join, but I don't know the car or the track yet so I might hold out for a second. Or I could just join anyways but I'm not sure about that. Don't want to be a danger to others by being completely unprepared.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Events are always open setup unless otherwise stated in the opening post :)

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Chances are I'll miss the event . In my country blocked access to servers. So I will look for a solution to this problem, very sorry to miss your race :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
I wanted to try all the cars last night, to decide which one to go with. I got stuck with the 2nd one - The Camaro! After doing a couple of laps with it and adjusting the setup a tad, I felt quite @home, didn't even think of trying any other car and got in a +2.166sec of @Cluck's TT :D

Jussi_SMS

Community Member
Reaction score
The two Trans-Am cars (Camaro and Mustang, which is DLC) are really good fun, though I do hope they won't be the only cars people end up picking. =)

I'm still intending to take part btw, but just putting it down here that our band has a practice session that evening (decided after I had already signed up) which should end a good hour to hour and a half before the race, but in case it drags on long don't wait up for me.

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: Nighttiger

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
Chances are I'll miss the event . In my country blocked access to servers. So I will look for a solution to this problem, very sorry to miss your race :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Russia right?
Russian authorities have blocked Telegram which is running on AWS and some other services. Doing so they blocked > 1million IP addresses in the hope to stop people from accessing Telegram. This sadly has caused a lot of other services that use AWS to stop functioning. (There is more fallout as well, some Whatsapp, Facebook and Google services are also unavailable due to this blockade).

You might have some more success when using a VPN connection to a server in Europe, not sure how/if the Russian firewall is or is not blocking that.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Russia right?
Russian authorities have blocked Telegram which is running on AWS and some other services. Doing so they blocked > 1million IP addresses in the hope to stop people from accessing Telegram. This sadly has caused a lot of other services that use AWS to stop functioning. (There is more fallout as well, some Whatsapp, Facebook and Google services are also unavailable due to this blockade).

You might have some more success when using a VPN connection to a server in Europe, not sure how/if the Russian firewall is or is not blocking that.
You could try that but they are blocking VPN services now aswell :(

Anyhoo, let's keep the thread on topic and certainly away from any kind of political discussions (not aimed at you Ash, just trying to pre-emptively stop it happening)

The Hunter

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: The Hunter

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Anyone practiced anything? Chevrolet right front tire overheating, or that is just case in TT because of time of the day?

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
@Cluck just tell me you gave your best here and I am happy :D

Willow Springs International Raceway   Chevrolet Camaro Z 28  69 TransAm.png

RimanDk

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, but I'm pulling out of this one. Thursday last week my rig came apart with some weldings failing in the steering column (I have an obutto r3volution... never expected this to happen!) and I have been stuck in the dry without the ability to drive or race since. I have contacted the dude from obutto, who is allegedly sending me a replacement part (still missing any shipping notice...) but it hasn't arrived yet. Until it has, I am grounded from racing. Sorry, all - hope you have a blast!

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Anyone practiced anything? Chevrolet right front tire overheating, or that is just case in TT because of time of the day?
I put in a couple of laps already. Race pace for me will be around 1:27, I think. In hazy conditions the track isn't as grippy as in TT. I never get my tires to overheating, but that's due to me not pushing enough and hence being 2sec or more behind :chicken:

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My left front overheats due to the long right handers. In turn 2 the front left can give up mid corner. Maintaining that kind of pace (lower than 1:25) in the race seems impossible, but you guys regularly do things that seem impossible...

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: Yammie916

edit: Sorry I forgot to check my calendar first, already got plans for Thursday, though I could potentially make it for the 2nd race....

Last edited:

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Name: Yammie916

I need a decent race after the disasterous(for me) Induction races last night. Apologies to @Jamesl91 for crashing into you at Brands when my wheel had a hiccup and was no longer recognised by the pc. Then I had my first ever disconnect (luckily only in lobby at the time). Then in the last 2 races I made some small mistakes (too much kerb and up onto 2 wheels - must've looked like a slow stunt driver) which led to bigger mistakes trying too hard to catch up....

As for pace at this track, I think I'll be lucky to get under 1.30 - not tried the chevvies as I think a lot of people who think they can win will pick those. Jag is understeery(but has an Austin Powers livery), Ferrari is oversteery(but fast), the Porch is a little oversteery(feels fast but the laptimes disagree), the Nissan is kinda neutral and has the steering wheel on the right side.
dont worry about it, was just a bit concerned as we were forming up...lucky we were at the back then! :D

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
I have to pull out, I signed up but I found out that I am not even home around that time so that makes a bit harder to compete haha.

Users who are viewing this thread