Assetto Corsa Competizione Blancpain Challenge - Pre Season: Silverstone (1 Viewer)

Blancpain Challenge - Pre Season: Silverstone
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Sunday, September 20, 2020 - 19:00
Until: Sunday, September 20, 2020 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
It is good to be back :) But that long time of absence took some part in my confusion while taking pitstop.

Since this is still new game to me I had to learn controls for going to pits na aall other stuff.

So, I did great (8th place), until I had to go to pitstop. First I didn't know is pit window open (LOL :banghead:) then when I realized it is I decided to go for it... (Slicks were unstable already). I had to mention that I learned during the race how to set second tyre option xD
I choose option 2, clicked at something to turn off repairs...., went to pits, I watched carefuly to engage pit-limiter, came to place, forgot to turn off car, turned off car, something happened, I waited a while, controls came up and I come out to track just to be hit with fact that I didn't change the tyres (while I was clicking I accidentally clicked at "change tyres" position and little thingy in rectangle disappeared... :banghead::banghead::banghead:)
Okayyy...... I went for pits one more time, determined to change tyres. Did change them (I was gained experience already doing one pit stop earlier in my ACC carrier) . Going for exit just to see that I was speeding in pit and need to do stopNgo penalty :hungover: - I again got confused with all that new button associations so I clicked pit limiter button and turned it off (I wanted to turn the car on :confused:)

All in all, excellent 14th place (or 15th - I can't remember now)

:rolleyes:

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If you're on win10 enable game mode to disable notifications

This. problem solved, @kobusnell

Retired due to pitting, taking wets, being told I should be on slicks, burning up the wets

The game tells you when it's ideal to take wets.
As for the Pit Limit penalties, remember that you need to be in 1st gear to engage the limiter and you don't need to touch it again until out of the pit limit zone.

Now for the race report.

My weakest track in the game by far is Silverstone, so was not surprised when i qualified P13.

Quite happy to see during the parade lap the info that Rain was on the horizon: changing conditions make things much more interesting.

Anyway, managed to gain a few positions on the first few laps and when the pit window for wet tyres was open i was battling with @hinesy32 and @MelBonkers .

Managed to gain about 15sec during the pits on both, but, a mixture of hating the McLaren in the rain (maybe would be similar with other cars) and a bit of lapse of concentration at times, which made me hit the wall, got Hines to catch me and pass me. i was P4 at this point
We fought a quite interesting battle for about 30min, i think i was slightly faster but Hines was defending well and the BMW is slightly better on the straights so i couldn't power pass him like i did before with Aston Martin's. Finally i managed to pass and get P3, but another error got me again in the wall and this time my wheel was not straight, there were 7min to go, and we were now 4 cars fighting for position in the last few minutes.
In the end with all the fighting and drame, i managed to finish P3, quite happy with that.

Quite enjoyable race, i think the GT4 make for really fun close racing. The changing conditions were also spot ot.

Unless i'm unable to travel abroad, i'll only join for race 3 now. GL next races guys!

benimi

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I've missed this :)
I've qualified myself to the second or third row from the back, with a lap, I was able to beat during the race with race fuel, in like 4 laps. :rolleyes:

My race: I had a good start picking of a few cars on the line, I fully credit the car for it.
Managed to get a few more positions with the battles going on, but then I was just dropping off the cars in front, and a train started to form behind me. Then I dropped the car, falling back to last, just before the rain started. I was kicking myself, because at that point I thought it was over, I'm going to finish last :banghead:.
Then the rain came to save me, I didn't have a single moment on the slicks, and I was able to keep a decent pace for a while, during most of the grid pitted. I did pit 1 lap too late tho, because I lost like 4 seconds on my in-lap, compared to the previous laps.
After fitting the wet tires, the first few laps, I was cooking them, my pressures were too high, but as the rain started to get heavier, they started to come alive. Somehow with all the issues others had, I've managed to finish 9th. I didn't expect that at all, but I take it none the less.

I love the GT4s, they are amazing fun to battle with, and I felt so powerful in the Camaro, being centimeters away from the back of a Cayman, imagining myself in the mirrors :cool:. But I really wish the wipers were more useful, so I could see more than just blobs of colours when following someone.

Looking forward to the season ;)

Last edited:

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My race report: this was one of my most intense races in ACC. I just picked the Aston and went for it. Drove with the default aggressive setup and just switched to wets when it started pooring. I loved the race and had very good pace, especially in the wet. Had an amazing fight with @hinesy32 @drukqs and @Josh and @SBart_uk (sorry I forgot you :-D) for P3 in the last half hour of the race. What a thriller! Again sorry to @hinesy32 for that contact 2 laps from the finish. I absolutely can't wait for this season! And I hope we will have rain every race.

Last edited:

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
Bit of a disaster of a race for me, Ruined my qually by taking race fuel for the first attempt. Then invalidated my next 2 half decent attempts :(. Had a good battle with several people in the first 20 mins or so. Then it started to rain and I probably stayed out a lap or 2 too long.
Went into the pits and totally screwed it up, hit the wall and was too fast over the line so ended up with a stop & go with 30 seconds stopped! Took the penalty the next lap and almost had another one being in 3rd gear and thinking I was on the limiter. Luckily noticed just in time and dropped to 2nd to engage it.
I thought that was race over effectively but I saw there were still several people within range and attempted to catch them. I made a silly mistake and almost ended up in the wall, somehow I managed to avoid it and started to concentrate and made up a lot of time and was back where I was before within a few laps. But that was the story of the rest of the race really, I'd catch up and then a slippery curb would catch me out and I'd have a half spin and lose a ton of time only to catch back up pretty fast and repeat the same mistake. Like drukqs Silverstone is easily my weakest track, I'm always rubbish there regardless of the game or car, so I'm hoping for better things at the rest of the tracks.

It was a lot of fun & here's the recording

Last edited:

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Start was smooth with some good battling, pitted when wet tyres suggestion popped up but accidentally inserted 2nd gear while exiting pit and got DT for pit lane speeding, after the penalty i was behind pierre and flyingspark, car started feeling very good on wet tyres as the tracks got more wet, closed the gap and passed pierre first then i attacked spark until he had throttle oversteer exiting aintree losing position to pierre too then managed to stay in front on both for the remaining 2 laps, maybe it's just me but this car feels really wonderful to drive even on wet, looking forward to this league
Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2020.09.21 - 00.34.41.09 Raw.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2020.09.21 - 00.43.33.24 Raw.jpg

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Well that was fun and not fun at the same time :p
I didn't put much effort into qualy and also went with the aggressive default setup because pre-season... I was not expecting rain that early as MY forecast widget just showed overcast, but yeah, the rain came and it got "interesting". I stayed out as long as possible and went to pits around the 1hour mark. So I managed to crawl up from my grid position (P18 IIRC) to P12, catching the guys in front, and then I got booted from the server :dead:. I could immediately re-connect, but sat in the pits with 2minutes of locked controls (is this changeable in the server settings? @Ricardo Macieira / @Battenberg?).
So I re-started my wet journey from the very back and could crawl back to P18 due to others having issues...

I was happy to see no major incidents on track - Keep it up like that guys!

Dis gonna be gud!

Last edited:

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well that was a fun night. I really like Silverstone, well about 90% of it! I hadn't decided on a car for this season so just went for the BMW to see what it is like. Needed a few tweaks in the setup but it seems like a decent car overall. I knew I could get into the 2:11's in qualy, and thankfully got a good lap together to put me in P7. As it is the UK the rain appeared on the forecast pretty quickly and was due to rain heavier as the race went on. I made a good start and help position, but I'm not quite used to being this far up the grid and all the drivers around me are usually faster. Then the rain came and it was time to gamble....how long to stay out on dry tyres. I went as long as I could before it became a drift event. Like most others once I was out on the wets they started to cook. It needed another 20 minutes of rain before they stopped overheating. Somehow I ended up in P3 after a mistake by @drukqs and others having pit issues. I knew I would be lucky to finish there so tried to stay consistent. Myself and @drukqs swapped places a few times and then the others were catching quickly. Finally with a lap to go I had 3 cars close behind as I made a mistake going through Abbey, running wide and losing time. Everyone behind then darted to get passed and then coming out of The Loop I got a tap from @MelBonkers and around I went. No problem mate, it's all good :) Got the car back around and finished in P6 I think. I hope we can keep the numbers this year because these GT4s are really good to drive. Will I stick with the BMW.....not sure yet!

See you all at R1! :cool:

Does anyone have results?

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Results & replay on post #2

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks @Ricardo Macieira

I'm really confused, it says I finished P15, but absolutely convinced I finished ahead of @MelBonkers in P5. Weird. @JetPistol lapped me just before the finish which meant I should have been finished, but the game didn't give me a flag so I kept going for another lap.

Last edited:

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Thanks @Ricardo Macieira

I'm really confused, it says I finished P15, but absolutely convinced I finished ahead of @MelBonkers in P5. Weird. @JetPistol lapped me just before the finish which meant I should have been finished, but the game didn't give me a flag so I kept going for another lap.
Yeah, i passed Pierre and spark and the position graph doesn't show that, i finished with pierre and spark behind me, going to check replay and post screen here

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
yeah somehow results are weird
will check it later

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It's no big deal really, at least it was a pre-season race :)

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
From the replay looks like colin didn't complete last lap, his counter stops at lap 38 then a long blank space without lap markers

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That's bizarre, as it seemed like I did an extra lap. Everyone else was back in the pits when I crossed the line. Very odd.

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
It's no big deal really, at least it was a pre-season race :)
yes it is a big deal, thats the result files we get from our server, if it was a normal race we would be f******

Users who are viewing this thread