Assetto Corsa Competizione Blancpain Challenge - Round 3: Laguna Seca (1 Viewer)

Blancpain Challenge - Round 3: Laguna Seca
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Sunday, November 8, 2020 - 17:00
Until: Sunday, November 8, 2020 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
Looks like I'm out as well. My wheel isn't working :(

David Siska

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It was a good race again! I really enjoyed it.
Very good fight with you, @Nada ! We were on about the same speed. I think I couldn't overtake you if that incident didn't happen with the lapped car.
Congrats @JetPistol for the win!

I already like this championship more than the previous one.
I don't like to drive the GT4 cars, but the racing is more fun than in the GT3s. It' weird :)

benimi

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Very good fight with you, @Nada ! We were on about the same speed. I think I couldn't overtake you if that incident didn't happen with the lapped car.
I wasn't lapped, I just didn't made my stop yet. I was trying not to loose time, didn't meant to hit you @Nada , I'm really really sorry.

I messed up my setup. It was pretty nerveous with low fuel, I had to do my quali with race fuel. When I tried it with lower fuel, I just couldn't put a lap together.
I was happy with my lap in quali, but I should have seen the signs of what is going to come.

After the halfway mark, my race fell apart. I was planning to do what I did in the last round. Run long then use my tire advantage after a late stop. Well, I've lost 2 positions with the tactic, and I was making mistake after mistake with the low fuel load. :banghead:

Really a shame, because I felt like, I had the best change of doing well in a race so far this season.
Once again, I'm sorry @Nada .

Nada

Community Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
My first race in ACC ... finishing last, haha. Changed my wheel settings and ingame wheel settings (not a good idea short before race) and tyre pressures short before the race. I practised with ingame time 15:00...not 18 and 20:00... was doing a steady 1:32 in race setup and 1:31 in quali setup.... wasn't close to that at all this race. Also frustrating I couldn't see the relative table so was surprised by the race leaders. Not yet comfy with the game so will have to practise a lot more and become much faster. Will consider this season as a step up to next season ... think I should be able to fight for position 11-15 next season. 90 minutes is a long time btw .... lost focus too many times, only 1 mistake halfway ... but after 60 minutes I stopped counting

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
My first race in ACC ... finishing last, haha. Changed my wheel settings and ingame wheel settings (not a good idea short before race) and tyre pressures short before the race. I practised with ingame time 15:00...not 18 and 20:00... was doing a steady 1:32 in race setup and 1:31 in quali setup.... wasn't close to that at all this race. Also frustrating I couldn't see the relative table so was surprised by the race leaders. Not yet comfy with the game so will have to practise a lot more and become much faster. Will consider this season as a step up to next season ... think I should be able to fight for position 11-15 next season. 90 minutes is a long time btw .... lost focus too many times, only 1 mistake halfway ... but after 60 minutes I stopped counting
Need to map keys to navigate mfd,

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Need to map keys to navigate mfd,
Already did ... need more practice though... went wrong during race so went back to standard hud quickly... should have tested this more before this race. Luckily the stewards wave blue flags in this game ;)

Last edited:

RdMracer

Community Member
Reaction score

I think this race will benefit us in the long run. My race was a total disaster too, we should (or shouldn't) have named our team Haas...

I went for a controversial strategy today as the chances of rain were slim. I went with an opposite strategy of the usual, putting not too much fuel in the car in the beginning and filling it up more later. To get the nose a bit lower across the board. And in terms of car dynamics, it really did pay off in the end phases.

Unfortunately, my strategy was completely useless. In the opening phase I had chickened out in turn 6, because I had cleanly swept another driver off in a previous race there. This made me lose all places gained in quali and put me behind Ricardo, who had a car that was clearly off the pace in the corners, and way too powerful on acceleration and brakes. This made me make a lot of mistakes in the opening phases, asking too much of a car with a light nose quite quickly. Resulting in some stupid mistakes.

This ended in coming into the pits in a rush, failing to cross-check the current tires fitted with the tires requested.
As I had clearly indicated I wanted tire set 2 when creating my setup in an earlier session, they kept me on set 2 which the game probably made me start the race on. Thus, that was a full pitstop wasted.

In the final 30 minutes of the race the car finally came into its right and I had some good laps. Sadly, only overtaking my teammate, who had lost even more time in the long run. With a setup refined using Telemetry ,yes setting it up was surprisingly easy. And it really changed my approach towards setting up dampers. Without telemetry, the car would be a soft piece of randomness. Using the data, I also discovered that it's not the bump-stops that define this car, but something very similar at the other end. (Porsche drivers PM me if you want to know more details)
Thanks to my interpretation of the data I have been able to give the car sharpness in a way that I can control. When I previously had made the car too soft in an attempt to find consistency.
Now I'm hoping I can do the same next race so I can reach that 12-14 finishing position that I should be capable of.

Last edited:

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I think this race will benefit us in the long run. My race was a total disaster too, we should (or shouldn't) have named our team Haas...

I went for a controversial strategy today as the chances of rain were slim. I went with an opposite strategy of the usual, putting not too much fuel in the car in the beginning and filling it up more later. To get the nose a bit lower across the board. And in terms of car dynamics, it really did pay off in the end phases.

Unfortunately, my strategy was completely useless. In the opening phase I had chickened out in turn 6, because I had cleanly swept another driver off in a previous race there. This made me lose all places gained in quali and put me behind Ricardo, who had a car that was clearly off the pace in the corners, and way too powerful on acceleration and brakes. This made me make a lot of mistakes in the opening phases, asking too much of a car with a light nose quite quickly. Resulting in some stupid mistakes.

This ended in coming into the pits in a rush, failing to cross-check the current tires fitted with the tires requested.
As I had clearly indicated I wanted tire set 2 when creating my setup in an earlier session, they kept me on set 2 which the game probably made me start the race on. Thus, that was a full pitstop wasted.

In the final 30 minutes of the race the car finally came into its right and I had some good laps. Sadly, only overtaking my teammate, who had lost even more time in the long run. With a setup refined using Telemetry ,yes setting it up was surprisingly easy. And it really changed my approach towards setting up dampers. Without telemetry, the car would be a soft piece of randomness. Using the data, I also discovered that it's not the bump-stops that define this car, but something very similar at the other end. (Porsche drivers PM me if you want to know more details)
Thanks to my interpretation of the data I have been able to give the car sharpness in a way that I can control. When I previously had made the car too soft in an attempt to find consistency.
Now I'm hoping I can do the same next race so I can reach that 12-14 finishing position that I should be capable of.
If the whole race weekend is simulated, the tyre sets carry over from practice, quali to race. If you used set 1 during practice or quali, the game would put you on a fresh set automatically for the race, unless you reload your setup. I guess this is what happened here.

For our races i generally set my setups to use set 50, 49, 48 etc for the race. And tyre set usage and confirming the pitstops is something I check before each race. Not saying you should do the same, but I know it's not obvious that the game tries to put you on a fresh set.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My race started badly. Some contact on the first lap eventually led to me running in last, a couple of seconds from the back. This might just be where the car GT4 shines. Had a very good time catching up to others, trying to put others under pressure, and trying to overtake.

Had some really really good battles. There are a lot of drivers that can find a bit of extra pace when under pressure it seems. Those porsches man, can't get a good enough exit to challenge them at turn 2, they are rapid coming out of the slower corners. Had to get creative. Unfortunately I can't remember the forum handles of everyone I raced, you are welcome to remind me, but I thank all of you for some nice racing.

Last battle on track was with @Pierre CREUSEVAULT . We ended up pitting on the same lap, and coming out very close together. Had a couple of really fast, interesting laps.

Thanks guys. Was irritated at the start, but working back to 9th was really fun. I'm not really clicking with the AMG, but I guess that adds to the fun.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Was good to be back racing again, seemed like such a long time since I had raced with ACC here. Was aiming to qualify and finish in the top 10, so target accomplished. I think I could have gone another tenth or two faster in qualifying, but just couldn't put the whole lap together so was happy enough with P5. Made a clean start and tried to stay on the back of the top 4. Was starting to come under pressure from behind and then unfortunately I got spun around at T1. Whoever it was, I can't quite remember, didn't wait which is annoying. So I was down into P8 I think and decided to stick to my plan of going long in the first stint and then hopefully push in the last 30 minutes. Tires started to go off at about half race distance but stayed out to burn off the fuel I had. Made my stop and put a little more pressure in the tires as the track temp was down to 17c. Came out behind @Battenberg so got my head down and tried to catch him. Eventually got up behind him after he made a mistake and then we had a great fight for the last 20 minutes or so. I got in front with a handful of laps left and then he made a brilliant pass down into the corkscrew. Tried to get close enough again to make a pass but ran out of time. Great battle Tom!

See you all at the next one.

TonyR

Community Member
Reaction score
Was starting to come under pressure from behind and then unfortunately I got spun around at T1
Sorry that'd be me.
I enjoyed the little fight going on between I think Tom you and me. I'm really sorry that I tapped you exiting T1, I just exited full throttle like the lap before and must have had a slightly too good exit... I did wait for you for 7sec but you spon again while reentering the track so I moved on as I thought that I did my duty.

Edit:
Besides my incident with Hinesy I had a nice race with a really nice fight going on with Petalazzo (sorry I don't remember your exact name). Before the pit stop I think I had a slightly faster pace and was very comfortable. After the pit stop I had to fight someone who got blue flags but didn't let me through or didn't realize he got blue flags. I kinda lost my rhythm there so my pace wasn't as ood anymore and I lost my position to Petalazzo.
We still had a nice fight going on but unfortunately somewhere between I hit my ignition key and the car would only turn on ignition again when I stopped completely losing me 17sec.

Nice race with some incidents but awesome fights. Sorry again to Hinesy

Last edited:

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ah no worries @TonyR Glad you had a nice race.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I really enjoy ACC. I can finaly have game where I can get so immersed.
I did not do much practice because I know track very well, but that was not good thing to do. I had nice pace in beginning of the race, but with much fluctuation in driving flow what led top spinning after corner 4 and I ended up at 18th place (I was 6 or 7th) . Bu that gave me oportunity to catch up drivers in front and enjoy racing.
In the pits, my lack of not driving ACC last 3 weeks give me almost heartattack. I forgot what is my button to start the car engine so I lost there some 10 more seconds.
At the end I finished 8th. :D

Really looking forward to Zandvoort.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
After a great qualify too many mistakes from my side on a so unforgiving track with killer sand at sides, some nice battling especially with kobus nell

T.rev.1

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the race, having great time started 18 and got up to 12 at one point in the race. Corkscrew had me and then about 4 cars got past, pressed on and got some more places back with stops and spins by other drivers (even passed a couple of cars on track :) yeah!!) Then the PIT STOP. Got stuck in the pit box for over 2 minutes, had to reverse about 6 times to trigger the pit stop. On checking replay i noticed that @Ricardo Macieira car was in the pit box, maybe some sort of bug? On approach to pit box it was empty!!. Came out of pits in P20 and finished in P16. Even with problems i had a good race and enjoyed it. Congrats to the Podium places and thanks to Admins. Once again well done to teammate, @Dama_The_Crow good recovery after early off track. See you all at the next one!!

FlyAxL

RSR Academy
Reaction score
20201109195107_1.jpg
Laguna Seca, another of those tracks that I like to drive on. Even if this time it didn't happen as expected.
I couldn't set a decent time during quali and actualy could push only on the last lap of the session, all other laps were aborted due to traffic or mistake i made.
20201109200239_1.jpg

Starting p13 if i remember well, the first lap has been a slalom between the others cars which made mistake in the 4th turn, i felt overpowered at this moment, followed by a pink alpine with who i had a great fight all along the race.

20201109195619_1.jpg

Its going to be half race and im fighting for p8 untill that moment where i lost my concentration and forgot to brake, half a second later i react but its already too late i ll miss my turn in corkscrew. the car didnt like that i finish pointing on the wrong way and my motor hanged up. LEts restart and go to pit to try to lower the lost time. I spin like an amateur in the pit turn and loose even more time. I was about to retire when i saw i had 50sec pit for repairs, but i kept going, after all there are more than 40min left and others will also do some mistakes. Getting out p18, working my way back to p13 to loose my place to D.Oz on the last corner for failing to take the good trajectory.
20201109200013_1.jpg
The time of the race was spectacular i really loved that sunset.

Users who are viewing this thread