Project CARS 2 Chit Chat (1 Viewer)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Has anyone got any tips for setting the HUD in VR? I guess there's no third party app that can overlay in VR?

I find the normal Pcars2 HUD hard to use. The tyre pressures in bar don't display decimals, it's pretty pointless having it tell me my tyre pressure to the nearest bar! Can this be changed?

And the suspension graphs are broken on the telemetry screen, is this a known bug?

Finally what's the best way of getting laptimes/relative/positions displayed? A lot of the dialogues seem to have a lot of information I don't need, it's really hard to read it in the DK2 so want only simple info as big as possible.

1. Change to Imperial and you can see pressures in beautiful PSI. At least it works currently ;) (They know that the metric version is messed up, I assume it will be fixed next patch)
  2. There is a relative board, it's hidden on HUD by default!
  3. I also find the text hard to read / want bigger text. You and I seem to be in the minority sadly :(
  4. I've not found anything specific to inject in...so I'm working on something myself. if it goes anywhere I'll post it.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Finally what's the best way of getting laptimes/relative/positions displayed? A lot of the dialogues seem to have a lot of information I don't need, it's really hard to read it in the DK2 so want only simple info as big as possible.
For normal driving I use the light HUD with standings, lap time and damage set to minimal. No speedo or track map but the relative box in the bottom left.

For more information I set the cockpit HUD to use the full version of the gadgets.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I've been struggling with setting up rain times since PC2 was released. I don't know whether they should be set lower or higher than in dry conditions. It doesn't feel any different either way, I find it difficult to get temp into them and it just feels like driving on ice. Should I just be looking to match the centre and inside pressure or across the whole tyre or what? All help appreciated.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I've been struggling with setting up rain times since PC2 was released. I don't know whether they should be set lower or higher than in dry conditions. It doesn't feel any different either way, I find it difficult to get temp into them and it just feels like driving on ice. Should I just be looking to match the centre and inside pressure or across the whole tyre or what? All help appreciated.

Rain tyres?

High pressure = more cutting through water = better grip for heavy wet/standing water conditions
Lower pressure = more contact with ground = better grip in damp conditions

As you change the balance of pressure between front and rear you will affect the amount of oversteer (compare the amount of tyre contact at front and back to understand the oversteer effect)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The main thing, from what I understand, is to reduce camber significantly, so that you've got more tyre in contact with the road and more tread to disperse the water. The rest is down to suspension changes more than anything. I also wouldn't get too hung up about tyre temps, wet weather tyres are designed to run cooler than soft or hard tyres, it's the pressure that's more important. Don't go too high, don't go too low. I went into 'Monitor' for the last few laps of the Hockenheim race (having long-since retired) and most of the front-runners had tyre pressures at 1.8-bar, within a few tenths.

Ranjanado

Community Member
Reaction score
Check this out guys. Contains the link for the live stream for the Blancpain GT Series

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Does anyone knows where in pc2 we can see is the car too low and touching ground?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Does anyone knows where in pc2 we can see is the car too low and touching ground?
Only from sparks whilst driving and the audio clues of the car scraping.

Changes to ride-height in setup aren't modelled in the in-game model. I can't recall what the status is on camber/toe but certainly if the suspension mechanism isn't animated then camber and toe will not be represented correctly (most cars don't have the suspension mechanism animated because it's usually hidden and those resources are better used elsewhere).

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
So basically lowest value of ride hight in game is always ok and there is no bottoming...?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
not necessarily. Like I said, it depends on whether or not you can see sparks, hear the scraping or feel the car not cornering properly because it is bottoming out. It's really a case of trying settings out and seeing what works :)

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
You can see it on one of the HUDs. The info hud that also has the tire status in big. There is an live info about bump stop (static), spring travel or damper travel (live data), ride height (live data). The best advice I can give is to record a run with the hud on an then check it frame by frame on the crucial spots of the track. Often rear stepping out without a reason is due to "0.0 cm ride height". 0 ride height means touching the ground. 0 spring travel means you're sitting on or hitting the bump stops. Hitting the bump stops is better than bottoming out, still less good than having a few mm of spring travel left and e.g. 0.1 - 0.5 cm ride height left. You shift between ride heigt and spring travel with the length of the bump stop. 30 mm bump stop can mean you will never hit the ground but you have basically no suspension.

Is there a possibility to add the RSR Calendar to my Google Calendar?

Last edited:

Jesper Ramsberg

Community Member
Reaction score
@t0daY , @Cluck and @Darksi . Hi I tagged you three becuase I wanted to see if the admins have any interest in this opinion. Thanks in advance.

This may sound harsch (and start a discussion). I know we want to cooperate and enjoy our time both in TS before the races and during the races.

In my opinion we cant restart lobbies for one dropout, we just loose someone else the next time. I feel like when you apply for a race you should be responsible for your gear working. I am not saying we should remove all leeway for people to rejoin but more than often we waste 5-10 minutes waiting for people fixing stuff, having a wee or even getting something to eat. This should be in order or you just miss 5 min of qauli, which is fine.

The races are well planned and prepared by the admins and I think its only right to give them full respect and attention when they organize the events. All drivers should be prepared and listen to the admins.

Example of an extreme we dont need to copy.
In real life racing a driving briefing starts on time. People not attending get fined if they participate. The briefing is effecient and if problems occur during the race it is settled with at protest or an apply to the stewards room.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I want to ask a question about time and weather progress in PC2 from long time ago, and just now remember to write it down.....

In this case:

Time Progression: 10x
Weather Progression: 2x
Race Time: 144 minutes
Race Weather Forecast:
Light Cloud > Storm > Heavy Cloud > Medium Cloud

How weather slots change?

ok..... time progression is clear 10x is 10 hours in game for 1 hour RL, but wether progression 2x..... how this apply for this race?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I want to ask a question about time and weather progress in PC2 from long time ago, and just now remember to write it down.....

In this case:

Time Progression: 10x
Weather Progression: 2x
Race Time: 144 minutes
Race Weather Forecast:
Light Cloud > Storm > Heavy Cloud > Medium Cloud

How weather slots change?

ok..... time progression is clear 10x is 10 hours in game for 1 hour RL, but wether progression 2x..... how this apply for this race?
A weather slot, in real-time, will take up 1 hour, so 2x weather progression means a weather 'slot' takes 30 minutes, 3x takes 20 minutes, 5x takes 12 minutes, etc. Now, a weather 'slot' also has a transition phase, where one weather condition will evolve into the other, so there is never a hard "Cloud one minute, storm the next", there is a gradual change. That change occurs over time.

In the example above, 2x progression means each weather slot will take 30 minutes, giving us all 4 weather conditions over the course of the 2+ hour race. It will probably start raining gently around 15 minutes into the race, reaching full 'Storm' conditions at the 25-35 minute mark (give or take a few minutes), before the rain slowly stops falling, to be replaced by Heavy Cloud. I would bank on it raining, gently->heavily-gently for about an hour of the race in total.

Last edited:

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I got that finally. Thank you

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
And how does "Sync to Race" fit in here then?
I suppose than that if it is time progression x10 if sync to race than weather is also x10 ...

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
And how does "Sync to Race" fit in here then?
I'm going to cover both time and weather in one hit:

Race length: 1 hour
Time acceleration: 10x
Race Start: 09:00
Weather: Clear -> Light Cloud -> Hazy
Weather Progression: Sync to Race

The race will start at 9am in the morning. The actual racing time will be 1 hour, but within the game 10 hours will pass, meaning the race finishes with an in-game equivalent time not of 10am but 5pm.

As for the weather, there are 3 weather slots and the race is due to last 1 hour of real time. With sync to race, each weather slot will consume 20 minutes, with a crossover period for each, where one slot blends into the other. You can expect, in an hour, to have the middle weather slot last a total of approximately 40 minutes, with a 10-minute 'blend' either side of the weather condition itself. It's not 'set in stone' but that's a good guideline for practicing with.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Ahaaaa.. It is according to race length and nothing to do with time progression

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ahaaaa.. It is according to race length and nothing to do with time progression
As mentioned before, a standard real-time weather slot will consume 1 hour of real time, irrespective of whatever in-game time passes. Weather acceleration is entirely separate from time acceleration, it is either linked to the weather acceleration setting or sync'd to the amount of real race time the race is set for.

Users who are viewing this thread