Project CARS 2 Complex Input Device Support (1 Viewer)

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Following on from the issues i'm having in pCars at the moment does anyone with access to pCars2 know if it will support such a situation where your game is mapped from multiple > 3 input devices.

I was going to pre-order the game but not much point if it won't work with my setup.

For example:

1. Steering Wheel (Analog - Steering input only + Force Feed back)
2. Pedals (Analong - Throttle, Break, Clutch)
3. Wheel Buttons (Digital - Paddle shift up/down)
4. Gear Shifter (Digital - H-Pattern & Sequential)
5. Button Box (Digital On/Off Inputs)
6. Handbreak

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
As the owner of 4 input devices, the answer is yes :). As an aside, I have the same 4 devices working in pCARS1.

G29 wheel
Fanatec ClubSport Pedals v3
Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter
Button box (mix of buttons, flick switches and rotary dials)

All are connected via separate USB connections and all work flawlessly :) . I don't see any reason why it wouldn't accept a handbrake as an additional input.

EDIT : At the moment, you can't configure 2 devices to perform the same action (ie, you can't configure the sequential shifter to act as gear up/down at the same time as the wheel pedals) but I am hopeful that will appear either in a day-1 patch or not long after release - there is already support in the game for multiple actions on the same input with the ability to map the same buttons, that are used for other features, to navigate through the In-Car Management (ICM) .

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
Do flick/rocker switches work with both versions of pCars?

For example flick switches for enabling/disabling TC/ABS/ESC?

And will this information still be available through some kind of API? Like it was for pCars 1?

Users who are viewing this thread