Crashlan.co.uk - Sim Racing Lan Party (South West UK) (1 Viewer)

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So, I'm going to this at the weekend: https://www.crashlan.co.uk/

It's a Lan party with an emphasis on sim racing - namely Project Cars! The organisers hope this will be the first of many, so it will be very interesting to see how it turns out. It's been a while in the making, but I'm getting pretty excited about it now.

This first one is based near Bath, but I imagine the future ones could be anywhere in the SW. So if anyone near-ish is interested (I know @Pamellaaa and @Imthecrabby are), check it out!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hmmmm, my parents live in the South West. I wonder if they'd be overly offended if I "paid them a visit" and promptly buggered off for the day :D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Try to win new members for RevolutionSimRacing guys! Make good advertisement for us :p :p

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Try to win new members for RevolutionSimRacing guys! Make good advertisement for us :p :p
Oh, I'd better not go then, not sure I'm the best advert :eek:.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
How was it? Or still going? :O

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It was great! The hosts were lovely guys, very welcoming and enthusiastic. I went for Friday night and during the day on Saturday. There was 7 of us in the end, so it was just like hanging out with a group of mates with beer, pizza and video games. A lot of them hadnt raced in a long time, so I handicapped myself to have a challenge. It was pretty much non stop pcars, with some other multiplayer party games thrown to keep us sane.

DSC_0218.JPG
Here's a pic of the setup. The red glow is from the heat lamps in the ceiling. We had live timing telemetry from the dedicated server projected, so we could chat and discuss where to find time on the circuit. We did plan to do a big enduro race weekend, and with more people we would do driver swaps, so we could follow the race while not driving. But with only 7 people lots of shorter races with different combos worked better. Relay races went down really well too!
So yeah, i had a great time. There's lots of potential for events like this, just need more people!

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
... We had live timing telemetry from the dedicated server projected, so we could chat and discuss where to find time on the circuit. ...
Out of interest, what did you use for the DS telemetry?

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
np, do let me know if it ever comes back to you tho please.

Users who are viewing this thread