Fanatec Black Friday (1 Viewer)

G

Gopher04

Yep he did, I've been watching, but it's impossible to time anything as it can happen anywhere in a 15hr period at anytime and for any length, plus if you have a account you only have 1 push of the button...so use it wisely.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Yep he did, I've been watching, but it's impossible to time anything as it can happen anywhere in a 15hr period at anytime and for any length, plus if you have a account you only have 1 push of the button...so use it wisely.
Nope. They changed the format. It always starts at 18 o'clock CET and ends 20 o'clock CET, or when the minimum price has been reached

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
EDIT : Ignore me, I'm a pillock!

Last edited:

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
Given that the inverted pedals retail at $500, even a 90% discount puts them at $50, so there is no way they went out for $11.
  • The auction ends when the end time is reached or when the maximum price is reached.
If no-one outbid the guy with $11, than that is it.

Today, there are the clubsport pedals V3. I medically need these. Since the inverted went for 106Euro, I wonder what would be a good price to try.

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
If you read the reddit thread, the guy who won it commented on this:
"Just paid $11 + $16 in shipping.
Under $30 out the door. I got seriously lucky."

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
I hope I manage to get the shifter (pretty sure it will be in the calendar).

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
EDIT : Ignore me, I'm a pillock!

Last edited:

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
I hope I can grab the Load cell brake pedal for the CSL elite or a formula carbon rim!

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Then either he or Fanatec aren't telling the truth. If he did get them for that price then unless Fanatec are trying to cover their backsides, for legal reasons, their web-site is a flat-out mis-representation of the offer. Somebody, somewhere, isn't being 100% honest and IF (this cannot be emphasised enough, for legal reasons ;)) it is Fanatec then it leaves a sour taste in my mouth to be honest - I take a dim view of companies lying to me.

I quote again, from their auction page:

"Each product will get a guaranteed discount between 10% and 90%. The exact end price is unknown to the bidder."
"The winner has 24 hours to make the purchase. Otherwise we reserve the right to give the next highest bidder the right to purchase the auctioned product."

This does not read, to me, like the price you are bidding is the price you will pay, unless you hit the 'reserve' amount (which I'm guessing is the discounted price, or close to it)

EDIT : "The exact end price..." can be read in different ways. You can read it either as "you will not know, in advance, what the maximum bid price will be" or "we are not telling you what the discounted price is, that you are bidding to purchase at".

EDIT : It is the ambiguity that I don't like. If it is, as it appears to be, then it is indeed fantastic that the US guy got the pedals for $11 (the EU bid was €110 or thereabouts, still a fantastic bargain!). I just wish it was absolutely clear that your bid is the price you will pay, unless you choose to decline (because you've over-bid) and let the next highest bidder get the item.
The way it reads to me is that you don't know the price because its down to who bids the most.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm one of the classic 'over thinkers' at times and I suspect this is one such occasion. Like I said, if it is what it is, then there are some folks out there getting an amazing bargain and fair play to 'em :).

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
@Cluck . I don't think anybody is lying. What could happen is that there was just no-one bidding, therefore no-one offered more than $11. Minimum price is the starting bid - $1. Maximum price is the one we don't know.
  • The bidder who reaches the maximum discount first, or who places the last bid before the endtime of the auction will win the auction and will receive the product!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It's the guaranteed discount bit that, in hindsight, threw me. Of course, it essentially means that Fanatec have set a maximum price of between 10% and 90% off the usual price. The bid does not necessarily have to reach that amount, this is where my own confusion stemmed from.

In other words, ignore me, I'm a pillock :D

G

Gopher04

Well to be honest cluck the 2nd win which I think was the F1 rim, along side the winning bid was 'reserve met' but on all the other's that hasn't been there, so it is confusing, also Fanatec have moved the goal post 3 times, so who knows, but in for a penny in for a euro..

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
€252? Are you kidding me? :dead:

Users who are viewing this thread