Fanatec Black Friday (2 Viewers)

G

Gopher04

Why is the rim so cheap, considering the average price of their rims, is it mad of cardboard?

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm with you @Gopher04 , I'm still thinking the formula rim would be better.

G

Gopher04

Laser engraved Pit/Neutral buttons...why why..I want to choose..
Don't get me wrong price is good, but to good.:confused:

G

Gopher04

Well I heard that some people find the formula rim to cramped, it is quite small I noticed. But it looks pretty slick :D
True, I was one of them..but once I sorted some custom shifter's it was far better, and this new one is about 4 cm longer so not much difference, but for me the price baffles me.

Personally I was hoping for a deal on the Porsche rim..:(

Corbs

Community Member
Reaction score
4 1/2 hour a dozen attempts at orders and god knows how many page refreshes my order has finally gone through

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks Shepard. However I do miss out on a H-shifter and clutch paddle without buying upgrades
I see...that'll make 700€ to replace your current system...bummer

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
But still my question, is it worth it to upgrade to the CSL elite bundle from the G27? Furthermore, I don't own a sim rug, Just a flat desk.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Nighttiger, I made a similar jump from a g27 a couple of years ago asked the same question albeit to a csw elite. It was a massive upgrade in quality and feel in my opinion. I guess for you it would boil down to how much you value a clutch pedal and h shifter. I tended to only use paddles so it was no loss for me really.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Incase people are wondering about the discount and not being able to get on the website to place an order

G

Gopher04

Finally got in to have a snoop around using Tunnelbear cheers Ramiboo for the tip..;) As for the new rim..meh don't like it, it looks cheapie , and it's not a full replica, wallet took a big deep breath.

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi @Nighttiger, I made a similar jump from a g27 a couple of years ago asked the same question albeit to a csw elite. It was a massive upgrade in quality and feel in my opinion. I guess for you it would boil down to how much you value a clutch pedal and h shifter. I tended to only use paddles so it was no loss for me really.

Hey Mark, indeed I do not use the clutch really that much, and the h-shifter not that much aswell. I guess it is a viable update then.

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Id settle just for a screen grab of the thing... seriously tempted too - but as its branded CSL does it support the normal CSW quick release ? I adore that and swap wheels regularly each session based on car.
You have to buy the CSW quick release for it which is another h 99€

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Finally succeeded after about 10 hours!

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
ugh that turns it from an impulse buy into a bit of an investment...

TheDoctor46

Community Member
Reaction score
Just preordered that friggin McLaren GT3 wheel. Quite like the P1 Elite, but can't say no to an alternative wheel. If only it was already available :rolleyes:

ugh that turns it from an impulse buy into a bit of an investment...
As per the website description, the CSL QR should be compatible to the CSW QR. Only difference is that the CSL QR is made of plastic and is bolted on (as in not as "quick" as the CSW QR). ;)

Last edited:

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Only difference is that the CSL QR is made of plastic and is bolted on (as in not as "quick" as the CSW QR). ;)

Alas Im spoilt with the QR on the CSW. Dont want to go back from that. Sure I could spend the pennies but seeing I really dont need a new rim its in the realms of more serious pennies - will probably wait and see on reviews now.

Users who are viewing this thread