Gloves (1 Viewer)

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
I did some research about gloves for racing and since I'm using a pair for a few months now, I can write down my thoughts
- obviously you don't need fire-proof and FIA certification for sim-racing
- since you can expect not to be on fire behind a sim, you probably want the gloves to be vented to prevent warming up and sweating
- Sparco made a gaming gloves, but imo, they are overpriced

Long story short, I've bought 'Mechanix Original Vent' gloves at local airsoft 'army' shop for ~20Euro.

Before the purchase, I used the glove size guide from Mechanix website: http://www.mechanix.com/specialty-vent-covert-shooting-gloves

I'm very happy with them, in first few minutes it felt kinda weird, but it's nothing compared to how it feels now without the gloves, the wheel is slipping and I feel sweaty and just kinda...bad.
You can also operate a phone or touchpad without taking them of, which is nice :)

Hope this might be helpful to someone. Cheers.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Nice find!
According to their sizing chart, my fingers are too small :/ I need small in finger length and large in palm width.

Edit: Measured the right hand now - here it is between medium and large, so I'll stick with medium.
For anyone interested in Germany: They're 17,49 € here: https://www.asmc.de/Bekleidung/Herr...-Wear-Handschuhe-Specialty-Vent-covert-p.html

Amaaaazing, I was looking for those kinds of gloves as I'm upgrading my wheel pretty soon to alcantara so I needed them anyways, I know the issue with different sizes as I have Medium palms but Large fingers, so large it is :pompous:

That's my first step, now time to order some 80/20 upgrades and await this months paycheck to get a new base.

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
yeah such gloves are pretty awesome for racing, i am using Downhill MTB gloves which are pretty similar to them you posted for a year now and i totally love them :D

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
I am using these and I am pretty happy with them.

Last edited:

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I just received my gloves from ASMC, and dispite the sizing chart, my (Large) gloves are still too small eventhough it suggested Medium/Large to me. :(
Well, time to send them back and get the XL as they were quite comfy

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
I just received my gloves from ASMC, and dispite the sizing chart, my (Large) gloves are still too small eventhough it suggested Medium/Large to me. :(
Well, time to send them back and get the XL as they were quite comfy

Mine came Saturday and fit like a glove (sorry for the bad pun). The only nitpick I have are the rather stiff seams/stiches on the inside of the fingers, which hopefully get softer over time as they are currently a wee bit uncomfortable when making a fist.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Mine came Saturday and fit like a glove (sorry for the bad pun). The only nitpick I have are the rather stiff seams/stiches on the inside of the fingers, which hopefully get softer over time as they are currently a wee bit uncomfortable when making a fist.

Gotta love the puns :D
Yeah, the stitches on the inside are really annoying and the fact the feeling is uncomfortable might mean they are too small for you aswell ;)

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Possibly, but from finger length and palm width, they're absolutely fine and I prefer my gloves to sit like a second skin. It's just my fingers which are too fat.

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
I use Bionic Driving Gloves. They were good because they were quite cheap, fit well and are super comfortable. However after only a short time they already have big holes in them, I do run quite heavy force feedback though.

http://www.bionicgloves.com/driving_gloves

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Possibly, but from finger length and palm width, they're absolutely fine and I prefer my gloves to sit like a second skin. It's just my fingers which are too fat.

Users who are viewing this thread