Guess that was it ... Summer 2011- 10th May 2018 (1 Viewer)

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
In loving memory of my trustworthy G27. You will be missed.

32F0D4B3-92EB-4C87-83F3-06E472647D42.jpeg

Upgrade is coming early June. No way I’m spending €30 to just upgrade 3 weeks later.
Always thought pCars2 would be the end of my wheel, but it was iRacing.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Booooooo :(

My G25 lasted 10 years without a single bit of maintenance and a LOT of abuse and running time. The wheel was still working but the paddle-shifts were playing up and I really couldn't be bothered to take it apart to locate why. But you know, £140 (which is what it cost at the time) for 10 years of playing? Yeah, can't complain at that :). If my G29 lasts even half that time I'll still be happy.

What are you replacing it with? The fact that you say early June leads me to suspect you're going for a decent upgrade of some sort, rather than something simple like Logitech or Thrustmaster?

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Fanatec, it's either going to be the CSL Elite or the 2.5
Also still debating between the metal F1 rim or the plastic McLaren rim :banghead: Because you know, I'm bound to spend more in the future when it comes to wheelbases.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
F

Is that the wheel rotation encoder bit?

Yup, there is a massive crack from 1 side to halfway the other side, the mount is gone aswell and rips/tears from the middle. Not even a superglue bath can save it :D

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yup, there is a massive crack from 1 side to halfway the other side, the mount is gone aswell and rips/tears from the middle. Not even a superglue bath can save it :D
What about Duck tape? :D . Or, in the true tradition of what to say when somebody has rolled their car, bit of T-Cut and the car will be as good as new :D

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What about Duck tape? :D . Or, in the true tradition of what to say when somebody has rolled their car, bit of T-Cut and the car will be as good as new :D

Call it McGuyver attempt

Reactions: Tom

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well, the shaft bit with the string is still attached to the G27... the encoder bit is MIA. It literally flew off so :brb: untill I get my new base.

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
F

Got the Elite wheelbase, very solid one to start off with, but if you want to go balls deep into the Fanatec ecosystem I think you should go for the 2.5 immediatly. I believe @steveg200 also has some Fanatec gear/wheels/pedals, he might give you some advice. I have the elite, P1 rim, CSL pedals with LoadCell. Got the McLaren Rim coming up next month.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
F

Got the Elite wheelbase, very solid one to start off with, but if you want to go balls deep into the Fanatec ecosystem I think you should go for the 2.5 immediatly. I believe @steveg200 also has some Fanatec gear/wheels/pedals, he might give you some advice. I have the elite, P1 rim, CSL pedals with LoadCell. Got the McLaren Rim coming up next month.

I can only recommend the McLaren Rim. I have it since two weeks now and it's great.
For pedals, the V3 Inverted are really nice too, but if you don't want to shell out 600ish moneyz for the pedals alone, the CSL elite with the LC brake are said to be very good too, especially in terms of bang for the buck.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I can only recommend the McLaren Rim. I have it since two weeks now and it's great.
For pedals, the V3 Inverted are really nice too, but if you don't want to shell out 600ish moneyz for the pedals alone, the CSL elite with the LC brake are said to be very good too, especially in terms of bang for the buck.

I have V3's already, so it's just the base.
I might just be "that" guy and get the F1 and macca rim just because why not .. got empty space on the wall to showcase them

Users who are viewing this thread