HELP! - G27 not recognised on Pcars2 (2 Viewers)

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hi all,

I will try to keep this very short and simple, despite the ridiculous amount of time and different steps i have taken without success to fix this issue:

So i have now a new Computer and when plugin in my Logitech G27, windows thinks i have the Driving Force GT, and so does Pcars2. Therefore i do not have a clutch or H shifter and several of the buttons on my wheel overlap.

I've tried a bunch of different stuff, deleting drivers, installing new drivers through windows etc. nothing helped.

If i install Logitech Profiler, and restart my machine, i do get the G27: this is the wheel shown on the profiler, this is also the wheel it tests on the Windows Testing tool, i get the clutch working there, etc. It is working 'well'....however Steam or Pcars2 specifically (i have not tested any other driving game) does not detect that i have any wheel connected!!!

I have tried almost every suggestion on the Internet (and there are a lot) and i have found out two other suggestions this morning that i need to test when i get back home:

Uninstall or disable some features of the Nvidia Gforce Experience
Delete my pcars2 profile folder.

Guys, any input you can give me is greatly appreciated, i'm getting a bit desperate on this issue.

Worst case scenario Pcars detects my wheel as Logitech Driving Force, so i will be able to play but without clutch / H shift and limited amount of buttons.

Thanks!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I had this problem with my G29 and rFactor2. I have to select the rFactor2 'profile' within the Logitech Profiler software and apply that, otherwise it won't recognise my wheel or my Fanatec pedals or my Thrustmaster shifter. It might be worth giving that a shot before you throw the towel in.

Failing that, I would do the following (if it isn't exactly how you've done it)

1. Unplug your wheel from the PC and power it off
2. Uninstall all the Logitech software from Windows
3. Reboot
4. Install the latest Logitech software for your wheel and, if it asks you to connect the wheel during the process, do so, otherwise reboot and then plug the wheel in
5. Check the wheel, shifter, pedals, buttons etc work in the Logitech profiler
6. Remove the controller XML files from \documents\Project CARS 2
7. Launch pCARS2 and see if it now detects your wheel correctly. If not, go to step 8.
8. Select Project CARS from the profile list (I can't remember if pCARS2 is in there, I just know that I never had to apply a profile) and then try pCARS2 again.

I don't know what else to suggest, unfortunately. I know it used to be the case that the logitech profiler could cause problems when it was running, so you can always try closing it before launching pCARS2.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Another solution is to get an older version of the driver i had this issue and rolled back the software and drivers and hey presto absalutly fine. Obviously you need to turn off auto update.

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Another solution is to get an older version of the driver i had this issue and rolled back the software and drivers and hey presto absalutly fine. Obviously you need to turn off auto update.

where can i find the old version of the driver?

P.S. I just confirmed the problem is specific to PCars 2....euro truck simulator 2 (steam version) detects the wheel clutch H-shifter without a problem.

Last edited:

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Galatic shoutout to @Cluck step 6 of his adviced solved it (altough the file location was not that one but we figured out where it was).

In the end, we agreed that this was a cloud based setting that came from my previous computer that was messed up! Anyway many many thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread