Project CARS 2 In-Game Photo Thread (1 Viewer)

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Is this copy-righted or can I print this poster size and put in on the wall? :p
Damn this game looks good
If you click the link then you can download the original file :). I liked it so much that I made me change my desktop wallpaper for the first time in a long while (it used to be one of my Ford GT shots).

And yes, the game really does still look bloody fantastic :pompous:

Still can't believe these are taken ingame...
They are from Photo Mode of course, not the vanilla gameplay but yeah, 100% pure pCARS2 with nothing added and nothing taken away. That Ferrari shot had me gawping at my screen for about 5 minutes, drooling lightly. As mentioned above, it then became my desktop wallpaper. Suffice to say, I'm not done with my screenshot love affair but output will be patchy, my actual "free time" is severely limited.

Last edited:

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
@Cluck Wanted to hide that one for yourself, did you?

Didn't work, now it's my new desktop wallpaper! :p

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Heh, I had forgotten to post that one, thanks Invincible :) . A fresh shot for all of you.

Ferrari F12 TDF at Spa
Did you ever watched a replay of a community race we did a take photo's of nice moments there? Or is the quality shit on replays?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Generally you can't get the same motion blur in replays that you can in 'live' photo mode. Well, at least not when I tried a loooooooooong time ago, I haven't checked since. Besides, I'll be honest, I'm happiest when I'm just taking a single car out and waiting for the right moment where the lighting and the position of the car work together to make something beautiful :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I can see you have some extra spare time on your hands...wonder why that is
I just fancied taking some shots again and honestly, it's got zero to do with Corona :). Any distraction is a welcome one if it takes my mind off how utterly shit life here is at the moment.

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
Generally you can't get the same motion blur in replays that you can in 'live' photo mode. Well, at least not when I tried a loooooooooong time ago, I haven't checked since.
Actually it is possible to get this kind of motion blur in replays. You just have to watch replay with increased speed (at least x2) and hit Photo button right in the moment you want instead of Pause then Photo sequence. To catch a perfect moment in replay is not as easy as it sounds, but not harder than doing it during "live" session.
As an example:

Forgot to specify: Saying "replay" I mean replay file ingame, not a video on youtube ;)

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Cheers for that Eugene, at least I wasn't going mad when I didn't think it worked the same way in replays. I'll probably just stick to what I'm doing then!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Mercedes CLK GTR at Spa

A little more 'toned down' this time

EDIT: A couple of other shots from the same shoot. I'm still not decided on which one I like the best (I'm still leaning towards the original shot above, simply because it's the more 'natural', these other shots are far more "in your face"

outtake1.jpg

outtake2.jpg

If anybody wants the original uncompressed 3440x1440 versions of these other 2 shots, let me know.

Last edited:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Ever thought of a career in photography @Cluck? These are better than most professionals that take shots for virtual games..

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ever thought of a career in photography @Cluck? These are better than most professionals that take shots for virtual games..
Nope. Well, yes I have but never more of a thought than "no ta"! I do this for nothing more than the pleasure of taking a shot that makes me sit back and go wow and I prefer the freedom to shoot whatever car (or cars) I want, at whatever circuit and in whatever conditions. The moment that there's a pressure to produce "a thing", it takes a lot of the pleasure out of the process. I've only been doing this since late 2015 so I also still have a lot to learn and a lot of inspiration to draw from :).

Users who are viewing this thread