Introduce Yourself (1 Viewer)

Crippled Potato

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry for dropping out, the router packed in and disconnected and I couldn't get the powerline adapters to pair up for the rest of the night. Frustrating because it was pretty fun but that's my only free Tuesday for induction till next month so I'll have to wait till then. Sorry if my lag damaged anyone before race 2 got underway.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry for dropping out, the router packed in and disconnected and I couldn't get the powerline adapters to pair up for the rest of the night. Frustrating because it was pretty fun but that's my only free Tuesday for induction till next month so I'll have to wait till then. Sorry if my lag damaged anyone before race 2 got underway.

I am pretty sure we can arrange an extra Induction at a weekend :)

RimanDk

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

The WMD people will probably recognize me from there (At least, I hope so =) ). I'm Richard, 33 year old dane, married and with a 15 months old daughter, who takes up by far most of my spare time. I'm a programmer/developer/engineer/whatever you wanna call it, and I made the projectcarssetups.eu website for the first PCars. It took me a while to find my way to this place, primarily because of my very limited spare time. Recently I have managed to get driving a bit more once my daughter is asleep (around 8pm gmt+1) and I thought it was a good time to start joining some communities to get a bit more racing going on and find some like-minded people for the ad-hoc lobbies I try to host during the weekends (clean, anything but GT3 racing.. not too many turn up; usually just me and Jussi with one or two randoms joining in).

I can't say how much attendance I can guarantee on the organized events front, but I can say that the wish to be there is strong =). Unfortunately, the fact that I can drive, does not also mean I can speak. My rig is not exactly quiet, but it's one thing with subdued noises and another entirely to be talking outright; so while I am able to play in the evenings, I have agreed with my wife to keep quiet while doing it. Shouldn't be a problem to talk in the afternoons in the weekends, but on weekdays it's a no go. I hope this won't be a problem.

What do you guys drive mostly? Do you guys also set up 'ad-hoc' races throughout the week and weekends?

Cheers!
RimanDk

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hi Riman and welcome to RSR. Good to see you here :)

We tend to run a bunch of ad-hoc stuff between our season races - right now we're approaching the end of Season 4 of our Revolution Cup, so a bit late to join that but we'll certainly be running another season, with a different car(s). We're also currently in the middle of a crossover endurance league with our friends at Panther Racing Division (PRD). That has also proved quite popular so hopefully we'll do something similar in the future.

But yeah, other than our main Revolution Cup, we tend to run a bunch of interesting combos, to explore what's in the game and have a bit of fun.

One last thing. You'll need to pass through our induction process before you can take part in any of our races. These sessions run each Tuesday evening (assuming we have applicants to induct!) at 18:30 UTC. More info can be found in the main Induction Thread but, if you can, show up in TeamSpeak on a Tuesday around 18:00-18:15 UTC and we'll make sure you're all set up and ready to roll :).

RimanDk

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi Cluck, good to be here!

Sounds great! 18'ish UTC should be doable, but I will most likely have to type while the rest of you talk. I'll do my best to be there this coming Tuesday.

Cheers!

N1kmido

Community Member
Reaction score
@Jamesl91

Hey, coming back to this one: Would it be possible to do the Induction race on another day this week? Thursday or Saturday should work for me.

(Btw for some reason it won´t let me quote your post from the Newbies race night thread due to it being "spam-like or containing inappropiate content" - any explanation for this? :bag:)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Jamesl91

Hey, coming back to this one: Would it be possible to do the Induction race on another day this week? Thursday or Saturday should work for me.

(Btw for some reason it won´t let me quote your post from the Newbies race night thread due to it being "spam-like or containing inappropiate content" - any explanation for this? :bag:)

If you have less than 5 posts we are not allowing to post any links in your comment. A simple spam measurement because we had some troubles in the past :)

N1kmido

Community Member
Reaction score
Haha I see, it just got me surprised right now that I am still below 5 posts. Well I was :p

Jussi_SMS

Community Member
Reaction score
'Allo 'allo!

I'm Jussi, sim racer since I was 8 years old with IndyCar Racing, racing game fan even before that, currently working at SMS as the Handling QA Lead (so if you hate the default setup of a car you know who to blame). Some of you might remember me from WMD1, others might have seen my avatar and posts on the pCARS official forums, a few of you might have even used my calculator, or the setup sharing website RimanDk and I worked on.

I'm not usually much of an online racer, but when I do it I like to have good company, and I know the gents and gentettes here are just about the best company you can have. My schedules tend to be pretty fluid things so I will have to see how often I can take part in races, but I hope it will be quite a bit.

Happy to be here, hope to see you in the races!

Last edited:

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Hello Jussi!

Nice to see the SMS physics/setup wizard himself over here. :D

I hope you'll have plenty of fun with us here too.
Even if you are already known to some of the RSR guys and even some of the admins, I think you will still have to pass the induction process, before you can take part in any of our races.
These sessions run each Tuesday evening at 18:30 UTC.
If you want more info, it can be found found in the main Induction Thread.
Or just show up in TeamSpeak on a Tuesday around 18:00-18:15 UTC.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hello Jussi!

Nice to see the SMS physics/setup wizard himself over here. :D

I hope you'll have plenty of fun with us here too.
Even if you are already known to some of the RSR guys and even some of the admins, I think you will still have to pass the induction process, before you can take part in any of our races.
These sessions run each Tuesday evening at 18:30 UTC.
If you want more info, it can be found found in the main Induction Thread.
Or just show up in TeamSpeak on a Tuesday around 18:00-18:15 UTC.
He was there for induction last night :)

And boy oh boy what a last induction race it was too. Whilst Battenberg shadowed a couple of the other inductees a few seconds up the track, I had one of the best races with my old mate Jussi. I had the biggest smile on my face the whole race, so much so that I kept forgetting that I was there "on business" rather than just having a race. It's fair to say he was a pass ;)

Good to see you here Jussi, hope you enjoy the racing!

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
So we have the almighty setup wizard on board now, who can teach us amateurs where to put all the cluck-o-matic® sliders. Woohoo!

RimanDk

Community Member
Reaction score
So we have the almighty setup wizard on board now, who can teach us amateurs where to put all the cluck-o-matic® sliders. Woohoo!
Where would those be? When he can jump into a car he's never driven before (FC, if I understood that correctly, @Cluck) on the default setup and outperform guys like me, who have put in 15-20 hours getting to know the car, by a margin of 1.5-2 seconds a lap, I don't see much light at the end of the tunnel =). Just a naturally fast dude.

Not sure what went on between @Jussi_SMS and @Cluck in that last race at Laguna Seca, but somehow I got sandwiched in between. I knew I didn't have the pace to keep up with @Jussi_SMS and that I wouldn't be able to contain @Cluck either, so I decided to let the latter past me and sic him on @Jussi_SMS, hoping the fighting between them would slow them both down enough to let me catch or even pass them. Unfortunately my strategic gamble didn't pay off, as they managed to stay ahead for the remainder of the race, but they did manage to drag me up to the rear of the top range of cars, so there is that =). A few more laps would have made the race even more interesting as the three of us would have started battling that bundle of cars.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ahem. It's called the Clucks-Random-Slide-o-Matic-Technique™ thankyouverymuch :p :D

For those not familiar with this awesome technique (so awesome that I didn't really Trademarked it!), it came about as a result of one of the greatest races I've had with RSR. We were at Oulton Park in a mix of the BMW M3 Evo and the Mercedes Evo thing (I forget the exact model :eek:) in pCARS1 and I had just cleared my profile to try and resolve some quirk. In doing so I had managed to lose the bodged together setup I had created. With just 2 minutes before qualifying was due to begin, I went at the setup screen like a crazed madman, dragging every slider in different directions, desperately trying to remember which way I'd randomly dragged them before, that had resulted in a lovely setup. Well, my new totally random setup was wonderful and resulted in an intense battle with Ramiboo for the lead, one that I doubt will ever be equalled for me.

And lo, it came to pass, the Clucks-Random-Slide-o-Matic-Technique™ was born. It is also patent-pending, on the basis that it conveys in the user the ability to drag setup sliders around the screen, at random, yet somehow arriving at something that is both incredibly driveable but also fiendishly quick. Fear the driver who has purchased Clucks-Random-Slide-o-Matic-Technique™, available for just £999.99 on Steam*.

*Clucks-Random-Slide-o-Matic-Technique™ is not available in all countries. Stocks are very limited. One-time use only. Support is not available with this product.

Last edited:

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
'Allo 'allo!

I'm Jussi, sim racer since I was 8 years old with IndyCar Racing, racing game fan even before that, currently working at SMS as the Handling QA Lead (so if you hate the default setup of a car you know who to blame). Some of you might remember me from WMD1, others might have seen my avatar and posts on the pCARS official forums, a few of you might have even used my calculator, or the setup sharing website RimanDk and I worked on.

I'm not usually much of an online racer, but when I do it I like to have good company, and I know the gents and gentettes here are just about the best company you can have. My schedules tend to be pretty fluid things so I will have to see how often I can take part in races, but I hope it will be quite a bit.

Happy to be here, hope to see you in the races!

Jussi! Awesome to see you here!
This is huge, expect to be swarmed with questions soon :p
Thank you for all your work on pcars and for pcars community. Looking forward see you in some race.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Ahem. It's called the Clucks-Random-Slide-o-Matic-Technique™ thankyouverymuch :p :D
I knew it was not the proper term, I was just too lazy to look it up in the forums :happy:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Jussi! Awesome to see you here!
This is huge, expect to be swarmed with questions soon :p
Thank you for all your work on pcars and for pcars community. Looking forward see you in some race.
I know you used the :p smiley but as a serious note to all, can I respectfully ask that Jussi be left to just enjoy himself here, the same as any other member :). I'm not going to speak for him but I'm fairly sure he's signed up to let his hair down and have fun racing, let's try and respect that :).

If I sound overly protective it's only because these SMS guys are genuinely lovely people and we, as a community, are better for having them here.

However, if Jussi doesn't share some setup tips with me and is beating me in races, well, then I might reconsider my "genuinely lovely people" comment ;) :D

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
I know you used the :p smiley but as a serious note to all, can I respectfully ask that Jussi be left to just enjoy himself here, the same as any other member :).
Bad word choice from me. 100% agree with @Cluck
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Antony Brown

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi All
I'm Ant, 33, currently live in Wiltshire and work as an engineer in medical diagnostics.
I've always been in to racing games but more arcade such as GT and Forza. Recently bought myself a second had TM steering wheel (the best that £35 can buy!) and picked up a copy of project cars 2 as a cheap alternative to track days, and I'm totally hooked. I've even built myself a rudimentary sim rig in the garage.
I really want to get involved in sim racing with people that race cleanly and are in it for fun as well and have heard this is a good place. I've not had much success in the online lobbies as the number of people smashing stuff up. I cant grantee logging in every weekend or week night due to work and husband duties but hope to be a regular. providing i pass the induction! :)
Cheers
Ant

Users who are viewing this thread