Until: Monday, November 26, 2018 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
A messy start to the race for me. Felt completely helpless too. But I finished 11th having started 12th so that's a win. And @Jonno gave me a fantastic race mid way through.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Good race for me and I enjoyed the track and car combo. Did zero point zero practice, missed the 30min practice session and joined 5min before the drivers briefing. So everything was set for a good night :-D
Had a good batte with @David Siska I think (God damn it, no driver names in VR...) until I was too eager coming out of the hairpin while passing a backmarker. Spun to the left side just to recognize that there isn't a guard rail on the side after the hairpin and almost slid onto the racetrack again. Crazy mo'fo italians (probably mafia took that part of the guardrail...) :-D

A little sidenote. Didn't really enjoyed the atmosphere yesterday. Yes this is supposed to be a league for fun and we're all here mainly for the fun. Buuuut, imo we should get into race mode and be serious as soon as the driver briefing starts. Before that and after the race I'm always up for some good banter, but if it's no longer possible to have a serious driver briefing (and race) and don't see the point to create a league out of this ;-) then we can meet up on Mondays, drive fun cars on fun tracks for 5 lap races and that's it. But in a league environment (and this was one of the last test races) we should get to a point where everybody takes it serious and tries to minimize the chatter in TS.

See you all next week,
Exited

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok here i go lol..
1st, weather. no mention of fog(could of been put on the lobby setup bit)totaly threw quite a few people.
2nd, track was green (a quick heads up next time)

There was a few other things but iv slept since then... all i can sugest is to put as much info on the front page for races as possible. Ahh yes i remember one... After the very breif driver breifing i like some others poped to the loo b4 start now at this point it was discussed that the mandatory pit would involve a tire change i was not there for this and subsequently got DQ'D agin as much info would be greatful.

So aside all that the race.
Im not going to mention the first lap lol . I found myself with a bit of luck on myside. after the lap i wont mention i picked off a few places with some absalute presicion corner manuvers(controled dive bombs lol) so in too 11th i was and comfy there too.. Untill the mistakes crept in and my good old banta pal @Stokemon decided to see this as an invitation lol. I held him off for soo long in the end he pitted. Thinking phew i pitted lap after. Thinking id made a great pit(later find out noooo lol) back infront of stoke i was here we go again battle hard and clean i think for 3 laps we were side by side. Again mistakes came hard and fast and stoke had me and had me good. I tried to give chase but as mentioned mistake after mistake. Soon @hinesy32 was on my ass (thinking im not gunna loose another spot) i switched on to ultra defencive he was not getting my 12th its mine i own it and for the last 15 odd mins it was all mine but 3 mins to go boom DQ didnt change tires in pit stop only added fuel as it stated at start of race (mentioned above) over all tho prommising and some good clean hard racing by the few i saw lol...

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
So my 2 cents. :)

I decided not to race since my latency where jumping up and down and sometimes I saw cars flying all over the track due to lag. This continued while spectating the race, so probably a good call. :)

Most of it where covered on TS last night, so won't go in to deep here.

I like the ideas @Jonno wrote and we will try to have as much info on the race thread, without it getting to cluttered. But I would really recommend to attend the driver briefings as all info is also giving out there.

Much have been said about last night and I think most of it is easily fixed. We the cords are gonna provide more info, but I would recommend people to check stuff before the actual quali/race. I know there were some track issues and we are gonna make sure the right track is uploaded. But just because practice is "optional", its a good idea to show up during practice an make sure everything is working. Showing up 2mins before quali and nothing is working, is tbf not our problem.

Other than that, like @Exited mentioned I don't mind chatting/fun stuff during practice, but when we get to driving briefing and quali its game face. Its disrespectful to your follow drivers to talk and mess around when they are setting their lap.

Like I wrote 98% of it easily fixed and was a combination of things. Lets look forward to the next test race and soon league start. :)

Remember to sign up your team (if you wanna be in a team) https://revolutionsimracing.com/threads/car-team-selection.1729/

If you need help with creating a custom livery for your team, feel free to ask. :)

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
I found this unwatchable :-(. Does anyone else have the replay file?

Yeah didn't know if it would record what I actually watched or it would be "good". But it was bad. :)

And that was the reason why I didn't raced. :p

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Id like to see replay too if anyone has it please pop it up here i forgot to save.

Mr AlcoN

Community Member
Reaction score
Hello!
Sry for not turning up yesterday! I was at work really late yesterday so could not come.
I also thought I was on reserv space and quite many ahead of me so thought there was small chance for racing.
Hope you had fun, would be fun to race you all again soon.

Microlander

Community Member
Reaction score
From my side of things it was quite a dull race to be honest, Came into this event thinking i had more pace than what i thought but quickly realized during the race that the quick setup i had created wasn't giving me as much speed and grip as hoped. Anyways, Started the race from the back of the grid and some how reacted much better than everyone to the race start and gained about 12 positions on the first lap and from there onwards it was a defensive race. had a fun little battle with @David Siska i think it was who was just mega quick through the race and thanks too a lack of top speed my tight but fair defence wasn't enough to hold him up for long. After this i had a few other battles which were nice and fair, good too see the drivers i raced knew there limits well thus creating no chaos.

Overall my conclusion coming back into all of this is that firstly these cars are great for racing in and i personally believe are fairly well balanced (With closed setups), As expected there was a little heat in TS last night plus a few weird collisions during the race but this is what testing is for and the more some go over the limit crashing into others (Not a good thing but it happens) , the more they will hopefully realize to take a step back from the limit in the coming races.
I've also realized i'm really going to have to find the best driving style to allow me to gain more speed from the car because being over a second of the pace at times was really infuriating, especially when i see drivers setting fastest laps on tyres which are nearly dead.

Anyways i'm really looking forward for this season and made me happy with the new challenged faced by alot of new drivers from RSR who look worryingly strong ;)

Users who are viewing this thread