New simulator setup (1 Viewer)

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey Dama, Check these guys out too, http://sim-lab.eu/ @Bassetts has one, it's modular so you can configure how you want.

Just to clarify I didn't purchase a full Sim-Lab rig, but just the steering column and steering base mounting plates, as Sim-Lab's rigs are built on standard 80/20 alumunium profile which is the same material as my custom design/build.

The GT1 from sim labs looks a nice rig, but probably over-engineered for a CSL Elite, I actually had a GT Omega stand which is similar in materials to the linked one, and while it was reasonable, it did have a bit too much flex for my liking.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
I got the GT Omega ART. Can't fault it as a great value-for-money rig. Maybe not as tank-like as something like an Obutto, but I'm not sure you'll find better for the money.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I watched also Obutto Ozone but delivery is crazy for Croatia. Like 200€ LOL

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I've got a GT Omega Pro (an older model of it) and it definitely needed the additional support bracing that you can buy for it. I don't know what the current versions are like but I would see if they list 'support bracing' on the additional available items and, if they do, buy them because you will need them :).

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I will see that but I'm not sure. Thank you.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ahh you guys are soo lucky to be able to have a rig like that. I have to share my space with my wifes clothes shoes makeup and theres alot of it lol. only good part is if i get bored whilst waiting to race i can play dress up.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
The seat for the GT Omega is really comfortable, i've got back problems and I don't have any problems sitting in it for hours.

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
Ahh you guys are soo lucky to be able to have a rig like that.

Only way I could justify it was to get a job making racing games! I'd wanted a racing room for decades; now it's my 'home office'...

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I have like 115 kg and I just hope that seat don't crumble under me. :)

@Cluck Can very tall people sit in GT omega? I have 202 cm with very very VERY long legs.?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have like 115 kg and I just hope that seat don't crumble under me. :)

@Cluck Can very tall people sit in GT omega? I have 202 cm with very very VERY long legs.?
I'm about 180cm (give or take) and I don't have the seat pushed all the way back but I wouldn't like to say "yes" to your question and be wrong. Best bet would be to drop the guys at GT Omega a quick message and see what they say :).

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm about 180cm (give or take) and I don't have the seat pushed all the way back but I wouldn't like to say "yes" to your question and be wrong. Best bet would be to drop the guys at GT Omega a quick message and see what they say :).

My best buddy (Max - you met him at Le Mans, Cluck) is something bizarre like 6'4", and he's perfectly comfortable in the ART.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
My best buddy (Max - you met him at Le Mans, Cluck) is something bizarre like 6'4", and he's perfectly comfortable in the ART.

What am I then... a cyclop? :D

In imperial units I am >6'6" :cool:

G

Gopher04

I have the Omega rig, personally if I was thinking of buying a new rig, then I would move to something else, the seats wear quite quickly, but then again they are not leather, on quite a few of the seats the padding inside is also different on opposite sides, so nice and stiff one side of the seat, and a lack of it the other side, I had 3 seats before I got a decent one, also most rigs are not exactly square from side to side, if you get my drift, especially the new models, I believe most of their stuff is made in China. Myself if I had choice now I would move more then likely to a Simetik rig, seen and tried one, these things are built like tanks, but you wouldn't think so when you looked at it, so much adjustment as well, and good pricing, just remember no seat, but that easy to deal with.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
That man is a giant

How's the weather up there?

Always windy ;)

I have the Omega rig, personally if I was thinking of buying a new rig, then I would move to something else, the seats wear quite quickly, but then again they are not leather, on quite a few of the seats the padding inside is also different on opposite sides, so nice and stiff one side of the seat, and a lack of it the other side, I had 3 seats before I got a decent one, also most rigs are not exactly square from side to side, if you get my drift, especially the new models, I believe most of their stuff is made in China. Myself if I had choice now I would move more then likely to a Simetik rig, seen and tried one, these things are built like tanks, but you wouldn't think so when you looked at it, so much adjustment as well, and good pricing, just remember no seat, but that easy to deal with.

Looks nice. But what seat to get with it? Where? Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread