Ocolus Rift and Pcars(2)? (1 Viewer)

Sledgar

Community Member
Reaction score
I Just ordered a Ocolus Rift while it was on sale. Im struggling to find good information on what rig you need to run it smoothly in PCars or if anyone already knows that PCars2? I'll list my current rig below. It would be cool if anyone of you could tell me some things I should upgrade and more important to what I should upgrade it. I know that my GPU isnt able to run it so i will have to upgrade that for sure. Which one should I pick? Because I will get the Ocolus for Christmas I will upgrade my Pc just then so prices for current GPU's should drop a bit by then (just in case somebody says "dont buy XY its too expensive atm"). Thanks for your help in advance.

GPU (current): GTX 970
mainboard: Asus Z87-K
processor: Intel I7-4770K (3.5GHz)
RAM:16Gb
System: Windows 10 64bit

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
I think your cpu should be fine for the rift. Yes, a R5 1600 ( about equal to yours on sc but much better at multicore) or an i7 7700k would be better, but with your cpu, I would rather spend some more on a better gpu. I would aim for a 1070 at least. Or an AMD Vega, depending on how it will perform and at which price it will come.

Last edited:

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
Rift users, how do you find driving in VR and using an H-Shifter. my setup has shifter on left and most cars in PC2 are LHD(shifter on right) so if so if I instinctively "looked" to my real gear shift I actually be looking at the door panel. Guess some(most) of you have your gearshft on right so not a problem most of the time but you must get this in RHD cars.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Rift users, how do you find driving in VR and using an H-Shifter. my setup has shifter on left and most cars in PC2 are LHD(shifter on right) so if so if I instinctively "looked" to my real gear shift I actually be looking at the door panel. Guess some(most) of you have your gearshft on right so not a problem most of the time but you must get this in RHD cars.
I rarely think about it. My shifter is on my left, as it would be in my real car, so that's simply more instinctive for me. Although I occasionally (read "very rarely") think "hold on, why is that on the right", it's never enough to pull me out of the immersion. I'm normally far too focussed on what's going on ahead of, behind and around me to worry about the trivial details like which hand is coming off the virtual wheel to change gear :)

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack this thread for my question: :)
How do you make screenshots or record your Rift Video?
I have set my Screen to 1280x720 windowed mode for performance reasons. Whenever I record a video with obs or make a steam screenshot i get the left top edge with 1280x720 from a 1920x1080 windows. For example in the telemetry HUD I see only the front left tyre.

Users who are viewing this thread