Pedal Upgrade - Feedback Valued (1 Viewer)

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Okay it's time to start researching on pedal upgrades, the kids need some pedals as my hand-me-down Clubsport Wheel V2.5 has been sitting in a box needing some pedals since the MiGE landed which was about 2 months ago now.

I know the Clubsport Pedal V3's are overkill for the kids, but by the time I look about selling the CSPv3, buying something cheaper for the Kids like the Clubsport Elite, i'm not going to be saving that much money, so I've pretty much decided I may as well hand them down. (no sorry were are not open to offers of adoption at present ) also it's always good to have backup wheel and pedals for when the main stuff needs maintenance.

I've had my eye on a couple of sets for a while, but also wondered if there are any other niche sets I've not heard of.

At the moment the main contenders are as follows:
My main problem is at this end of the market it's not exactly easy to find anyone remotely close to go have a test drive with both sets of pedals, I know a good few people have the HE's but really interested in anyone that has tried the richomtech pedals.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Your best bet is to ask around on the iRacing forums since the mad people tend to have those end-game pedal sets. I know Nicki Thiim has tried them, so it's worth giving him a PM since he does try to answer most questions.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Yes, that is what I use and it's made a big difference to me.

I think sim racing garage on youtube has done reviews on just about every pedal there is.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
You already know my answer since we talked but I'll say it again HE's all the way.

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Appreciate it but is that because you think the HE's are better than the Ricmotec's or that you have them and they are great :)

I was trying to find some subjective pro vs cons on them, but not many people are going to own a pair of both ;)

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what the max KG the load cells should be? 50kg 100kg on the load cell just wondering might look to change my master and slave cylinder combo to Load Cell. I just do not know what weight the load cell should be for what we use it for.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what the max KG the load cells should be? 50kg 100kg on the load cell just wondering might look to change my master and slave cylinder combo to Load Cell. I just do not know what weight the load cell should be for what we use it for.
I think this is dependent on 2 main points:
1.) Are your pedals and seat bolted to a rig? If yes, you can go as high as you like, which leads directly to
2.) Personal preference. If you like to do some workout while racing, pumping 90kg e.g. constantly to have 100% break performance is the way to go.

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hey @Bassetts, have you already bought new pedals?
I tried the Pros from Heusinkveld and I was not very hyped after my tests. Now I'm thinking about the Ricmotech pedals as well. Have you found more infos or tests about the GTpro 3?

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
@grobi0815 Yes I did, I looked at the HE, HPP & Ricmotech.

The real problem with most of these is that it's very difficult to go somewhere and try them all to get a feel, they are all great pedals.

In the end I was swayed by the Sim Racing Garage review of the HPP's and grabbed the HPP 3PRX-SE's.

I was talking to both Ricmotech and HPP, I found that Richomtech a bit slow on response, the build time on the HPP's is quite a while though, mine took about 6 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread