POSTPONED - Triple Crown - Monaco GP (1 Viewer)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If anyone is about tonight I have a set up I’m working on and I’m happy to share.

(I think this is exhibit A on why we need locked or limited set ups for Evolution cup BTW)
@Battenberg might be of some use :)
Post automatically merged:

Anybody have any tips about fuel loads and tyre strategy? (Don't worry, i won't win :))
Id say, focus alot on qualifying and a stable race setup, then run with enough fuel to finish the race and on tires that will safely do plenty of laps. track position is key. even if your slower early on in the race, other cars will struggle to overtake which means they will likely try the undercut or overcut during the pitstops. if you can manage the gap and make your pitstop at the right time, you will have a slightly shorter stop(thanks to a full tank at the start) which will probably give you the track position once the pitstops have been completed.
Post automatically merged:

Also a reminder to all, this is a super tough race. Lets all be sensible and not take un-necessary risks. there are ways to overtake someone with out actually getting past on track. Patience and safe driving is key!

Last edited:

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Ricardo Macieira half of the pitlane shows wrong way sign which can get you penalties and effectively ruin your race, you might want to look into this

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
@Ricardo Macieira half of the pitlane shows wrong way sign which can get you penalties and effectively ruin your race, you might want to look into this
Hi Morvic
I did some testing like 5 times leaving pits and yeah it shows "wrong way" signal but i didnt got any penalty,will do more testing later

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hi Morvic
I did some testing like 5 times leaving pits and yeah it shows "wrong way" signal but i didnt got any penalty,will do more testing later
I thought it would be no harm but I got a penalty once already, so better safe than sorry :)

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
I thought it would be no harm but I got a penalty once already, so better safe than sorry :)
Yeah of course, but like i said i tested 5 times and didnt got any penalties. Will take a further look into this and btw thanks for the info

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
sadly i have to withdraw from this event, but with an exam coming up this week i just don't have the time to prepare properly for this and i don't to be a danger for those who have put a lot of time and effort into preparing for this race
wish you all a good race and hopefully there will be something like this again in the future

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I have to join the bandwagon of quitters. Combination of work and personnal commitments, joined with the summer heat (wearing a rift in these temperatures is not very motivating ...) means I have hardly done any practice. In this state i'm an obstacle on the track and last thing i want to do is to cause an accident with a leader when i'm getting lapped.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
With so many withdraws I would like to postpone this event to another date. We are down to 14/15 drivers... Would that be okay for everyone?

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I don't mind postponing it (well of course I do mind because I'm eager to race, but you get what I mean), but do you think moving it to another date will get more people in?

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I don't mind postponing it (well of course I do mind because I'm eager to race, but you get what I mean), but do you think moving it to another date will get more people in?
for me i decided that F1 cars at monaco was probably not the best "first AC race" I could come up with :D

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Well we cant be sure if we're gonna get more people in but at same time racing with only 16 people its not the best(you know what i mean)

for me i decided that F1 cars at monaco was probably not the best "first AC race" I could come up with :D
Yeah its the craziest combo to start with

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well we cant be sure if we're gonna get more people in but at same time racing with only 16 people its not the best(you know what i mean)
Do what you think is best, I'm just here to race :)

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry for double post, but when is the race then?

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry for double post, but when is the race then?
Honestly i have no idea atm, since this was part of a bigger plan with 3 events(monaco, indianapolis, le mans) we have ACC mini-league starting next sunday and also soon we're gonna have news on season 3 so yeah atm i cant say anything.
We'll keep you guys updated on this

Anto

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Fine by me as have got all doors / windows open in a desperate attempt to cool down the house before it starts :p

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Fine by me as have got all doors / windows open in a desperate attempt to cool down the house before it starts :p
1 of the contributing factors in this race being postponed.

T.rev.1

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Ok! Sorry but understandable. I know it's the triple, maybe we could modify, what about going for a more open/racey track (Silverstone?? or ?) to bring in more entrants.

Users who are viewing this thread