project cars 2 GPU blinking? (1 Viewer)

wolfman

Community Member
Reaction score
hey guys so i have a EVGA geforce gtx1080TI SC..So here is my problem if i start up any game including Project cars everything runs smooth not problems on ultra graphics i get 60FPS across 3 32' curved monitors... BUT if i start up Project cars 2 once i get the intro video my GPU light starts blinking on and off and the intro video is choppy if i go into a practice race game becomes choppy going around the track.. when i say choppy i mean lag city iv put the GPU setting to the lowest setting and its a little better but GPU light is dimmed out... any help would be useful thank you...

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
If memory serves, the LED can be used to alert the user to a multitude of things from temperature, load & power.
Quite a few other people have had issues with their EVGA cards, even the lower 1060 models so you're not alone. Saying that you're the only person to also state its affecting the frame rate..
is V-sync on?
Shared memory?

wolfman

Community Member
Reaction score
If memory serves, the LED can be used to alert the user to a multitude of things from temperature, load & power.
Quite a few other people have had issues with their EVGA cards, even the lower 1060 models so you're not alone. Saying that you're the only person to also state its affecting the frame rate..
is V-sync on?
Shared memory?
thx for responding v-sync is off along with shared momory also off.. i can play anyother game on full graphics without and issues so i know its not the GPU

Care to explain what this "GPU light" is that you are talking about?

What you could do is run the following: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-inspector-download.html
It comes with a feature to monitor the GPU, graph wise. Then you can see what the GPU usage, MEM usage, GPU clocks etc. are
yes i installed this and turned off the led option completely and watched the graphs didnt see anything off key.. thx

wolfman

Community Member
Reaction score
:::::UPDATE :::::eek:k so i have a update i got it to work smooth for the time being i un-installed Pcars2 from steam then un-installed the Nvidia Geforce experience. re-installed the Geforce exp as a clean install, made sure all the drivers were up to date and installed correctly then re-installed Pcars with steam, applied the EVGA OC software with KBoost.. restarted the PC, ran the game and it seems to be work just fine.. NOTE the GPU led still blinks but at a much faster rate and stays bright once the game gets into the menu... hope this helps if anyone comes across this issue

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
ok, KBoost is essentially an overclock, and that's what seemed to be giving me issues last night. I can do further testing another time but the card was not being stressed so there was no real need for the overclock TBH.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Can you guys please check if the following works for you?
Disable experimental features:
GeForce Experience > Cogwheel on top right > Experimental features :untick

Users who are viewing this thread