Project Cars 2 wheel button in game behaviour (1 Viewer)

Andy Bonar

Community Member
Reaction score
Recently bought PC2, and getting used to it slowly, using Oculus rift.

One thing I cant fathom out is a strange hidden key mapping.
I have a t500RS steering wheel, and have the top right button mapped to teamspeak.
Problem is when I press that button to talk, when I am in certain screens in the game (mainly lobby, but others too), the steam friends overlay pops up, prompting me to invite friends to the game....its a real pain as I lose focus in the game in VR and have no control, until I go back to monitor and close off the overlay.

I have looked everywhere for the key mapping, but cant find anything.

Ive tried remapping the steam overlay in steam, but still the same.

Any ideas appreciated..

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hmm - I have this problem too with my G920 - when I press the clutch in lobby it brings up steam friends. I've not found the soln yet (I've gotten very used to taking my feet off the pedals when not in race recently). If I solve it I'll post here. At a guess though its a steam key binding, not a PC2 one...

One thing to suggest if you are not already doing it. Firstly - make sure you are windowed mode when in the VR profile (there is a separate profile automatically when you launch in VR mode). I'd also turn off the gaze to point thing. That removes a couple of ways you can really lose control of the UI when in VR (gaze locks your pointer to the top left if you tab out).

On that note - make sure to check out the VR optimisation guide.

Last edited:

Andy Bonar

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks Paul...Ive read a few things saying it might be steam, but the only key assignment i can find is for the overlay. One thread I read somewhere suggested removing controllers from steam, but ive not worked out how to do that yet.

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i had the same problem once, when i pressed button 'A' or something the steam friends lists opened. But the other day this problem was gone. Perhaps it's only a problem when you have the friendlist open in the background?

Andy Bonar

Community Member
Reaction score
i had the same problem once, when i pressed button 'A' or something the steam friends lists opened. But the other day this problem was gone. Perhaps it's only a problem when you have the friendlist open in the background?
Yeah....if I close steam overlay it’s fine...but then I can’t invite friends to the server. Right pain.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm not at home at the moment (so can't check where it is) but there is something to do with Steam Controller somewhere, that has been known to interfere.

Andy Bonar

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm not at home at the moment (so can't check where it is) but there is something to do with Steam Controller somewhere, that has been known to interfere.
Yeah, I think its something to do with that. I started to play around with it last night...just before the induction...and ended up losing all my t500 buttons in game. Got it back after some messing about, but will have a closer look tonight, pretty sure the answer is there somewhere

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Go to Steam->Controller Settings->General Controller Settings

Click on each of your controllers that are detected and make sure no buttons are bound to anything. Also make sure that none of the options on the General Controller Settings window are ticked (except maybe the top one 'Guide Button Focus....') :)

Andy Bonar

Community Member
Reaction score
Go to Steam->Controller Settings->General Controller Settings

Click on each of your controllers that are detected and make sure no buttons are bound to anything. Also make sure that none of the options on the General Controller Settings window are ticked (except maybe the top one 'Guide Button Focus....') :)
I saw my T500 in there, but couldnt seem to get into it to change anything...I'll have another go tonight, cheers for the info :)

Andy Bonar

Community Member
Reaction score
This really is turning out to be a pain in the butt.
Do you need to configure the controls by first launching Big Picture?
When I click on my T500, and go into assignments, no buttons have any assignments against them at all. I then went into the default controller config (I think!) and removed all the bound key assignments.

What I was left with is a dead T500 in game again.
The controller settings in steam really are a maze, and Ive got lost in it now trying to sort this out. Hopefully tonight I can get it back to at least so that the wheel works again in game, and will jsut have to put up with this annoyance.

Cant find much about the problem on the web at all.

Users who are viewing this thread