Project CARS 2 Question - motion sickness (1 Viewer)

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hi guys

I have a question about headmovement. For those who don't know, I have serious motion sickness to the point that the sun can even restrict me from driving the car.
In general games don't really affect me, I tried VR... it ended on the other side of the room and my head in a bucket after 2 corners. So screens it is.
For Bathurst I got the head "fixed" now, as the downhill section is a nightmare for me. But it bumps up and down with the car.
  • Is there a way to have the head fixed, but loose from the car so bumps dont affect it?
My stomach thanks you

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
World movement at 50% would be an even mix between locking the camera to the chassis and to the horizon, you could try going to something like 10% or 90% to get closer to what you want (I can't remember which end of the scale is which).

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
World movement at 50% would be an even mix between locking the camera to the chassis and to the horizon, you could try going to something like 10% or 90% to get closer to what you want (I can't remember which end of the scale is which).

It's on 100 to keep it facing forward. The problem remains that the car and headcamera bumps up and down with the track. That bumping up and down is what I would like to minimize or get rid of :D

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Have you tried with other camera perspectives? Or adjusting FOV?

LeoNTheSickOne

Community Member
Reaction score
Have you tried to cure your motion sickness? I'm guessing that you have allready googled a lot on the internet. From what i have understood you could train away the motion sickness. Here is an article i found on the internet:

In the early 1990s, a group of researchers developed a different explanation, the so-called ‘postural instability’ theory, which states that people experience nausea in situations where they have not yet learned ways to maintain a stable posture. Our body is never truly motionless – muscles are always active even when we stand still. This causes a subtle movement known as body sway; people deal with it subconsciously all the time.

But on a ship, if you want to ‘get your sea legs’, you need to “learn new ways to control the body to cope with the fact that the ‘ground’ is moving underneath you”, says Tom Stoffregen, a professor of kinesiology at the University of Minnesota. “Learning takes time, and during learning control will be suboptimal; you’ll be less physically stable than you'd like.” This temporary instability, Stoffregen believes, causes motion sickness.

How are your stability? Maybe if you worked out a lot and really focused on training your stability like standing on footballs, bigger balls and trying to golf or perform movements while kneeing on a ball. Whatever different things you can do to train your stability it might help you?

I know that ive been at the sea since i was born and have got a great stability. Maybe thats why ive never felt motion sickness not even running VR the first time.

This could perhaps be all wrong but maybe its better to try to find a solution to the core problem instead of trying to take a "pill" to cure the side affects of the problem if you know what i mean?

I've also read that placebo could play a large factor. People who has been told that a pill will cure their motion sickness. The pill was a placeboo pill which did nothing. The subjects then experienced less motion sickness because they believed it was gone by the pill.

Hope you find a good solution tho :)

Users who are viewing this thread