Recommendation for racing shoes and gloves (1 Viewer)

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

as the title says, I'm looking for recommendations on shoes and gloves for simracing. The topic came up here (thanks @jonnotheone ;)) but I didn't want to clutter the thread with OT stuff.

If possible, it would be nice if they aren't too pricey. I did a quick search myself, but mainly found shoes beyond the 100 € range, which is too expensive imo.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ohh good post lol...and your welcome lol...

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
SirHunterCluck bought me some nice gloves. If he looks at his amazon history I am sure he can post them here. They were like 15 pounds if I remember correctly and they are so good for driving :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
SirHunterCluck? Funny :bored:

(just kidding Manu ;))

These were the gloves Manu mentions . I got caught out as they do free delivery if you buy a single pair, but charge if you buy 2 pairs :rolleyes:. If I'd spotted that, I would have made 2 separate orders. If you want me to grab you a pair and post them on, let me know :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
never mind lol..

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
You have a couple options.

Shoes:
1. Puma - I use these when I go for a spirited drive in my car. Probably will use them for my new sim rig as well.

2. Fast Track Sims Shoes - Very popular with the sim community. They make 2 options a rubber sole and a thinner sheet sole. They make a limited quantity so you usually have to act fast to order them.

3. Karting shoes - I've seen people mention karting shoes as an alternative. You can usually find great prices in Amazon.

Gloves:
1. Mehcanix Gloves - Typical mechanic glove found at your hardware store. They are cheap, come in different styles, and will last you a while. This is what I use and love them.

2. Karting/Race - I've found the karting ones tend to be a little cheaper than say racing competitor gloves. Amazon is your best bet for prices here.

Hope this helps you out. :)

G

Gopher04

I understand people wanting driving shoes for sim racing, but gloves..do you all have girly hands or something..o_O

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
I use these karting shoes, and think they are great, i'll get another pair when they wear out.- OMP KS-3
I understand people wanting driving shoes for sim racing, but gloves..do you all have girly hands or something..o_O

If you have an alcantara rim then give it 1 month without gloves and the alcantara will just be full of grease and dead skin. trust me I made that mistake on my BMW GT rim :(

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Its for my alcantara rim for not ruining it completly :D

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Most of the popular rims have alcantara hence the need for gloves.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Since I don't have an Alcantara wheel, I can skip on the gloves. I tried it yesterday with my cycling gloves (similar to the ones @Cluck posted) and it felt weird. Like my wheels whatchamacallit grew to double the thickness.

Last edited:
G

Gopher04

Yeh I have Alcantara on one of my rims, and yes it wears off, I've had the rim for 3 yrs now and I would say 70% of it is still there, to me it's abit like people wearing driving gloves for their daily drive, (pussy's), but each to their own I guess.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeh I have Alcantara on one of my rims, and yes it wears off, I've had the rim for 3 yrs now and I would say 70% of it is still there, to me it's abit like people wearing driving gloves for their daily drive, (pussy's), but each to their own I guess.

My daily drive has no alcantara, so no! :D

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Says the one with the beaver :p

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I use my karting gloves for sim racing and my so called "karting" shoes as well. Am currently looking to replace them as well :D

Users who are viewing this thread