Project CARS 2 Revolution Cup - Rd 4: Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course (1 Viewer)

Revolution Cup - Rd 4: Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course
Posted by m4nu
Project CARS 2
Thursday, June 25, 2020 - 19:30
Until: Thursday, June 25, 2020 - 23:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Pierre CREUSEVAULT

RSR Academy
Reaction score
This was the event of the unexpected for me !

After a few minutes discussing about having a "tour eiffel dans le pantalon", we started qualifying : everyone was really fast here so despite doing my best I only managed P12.

Race 1 : bad start for me, I had too much wheelspin and ended up p15, the first few corners were good but then someone punted me at the chicane :( with damage at the front, I had to pit in order to repair, good thing the repairs were quite fast, but I lost 1 minute in the process. Back on the track I tried my best to recover, and gained 2 places, only to finish P21.

Race 2 : Someone had a problem which promoted me to P20. The start wasn't bad and I quickly gained some places on the first sector. After a few laps, I found my tires quite good and decided not to change them. After the drive through I tried to use the best of my cooled tires and gained some places again. Fast forward a few minutes, @UnstopaPaul just got out of the pits and quickly charged through the field. What followed was an intense yet fair fight between us, which Paul eventually won, leaving me to P12.

I feel really lucky to have very good fights with the midfield so far, I hope people will enjoy more of these. Keep the positivity for the race ;)

See you in two weeks ! :D

Edit : a big thank to @FuBii for the setup : I had to adjust one or two things to adapt it to my style but it was very good ! Looking forward to do more training with you :D

Last edited:

Iceman07

Community Member
Reaction score
Race 1 was a lot of fun, close driving between @Imthecrabby and myself. I couldn't find a way past. After fighting for half of the race I managed to overtake and keep the position. Finishing in P8 after starting from P9 was a good result.

Race 2 started like my second race in Barcelona. Starting from the front (P3) and getting crashed out by some of the faster guys behind (This time it was @CatchAGlimpse). But he apologized and waited for me to join the track in front of him (I was pissed, but everyone makes mistakes sometimes, and he admitted his mistake :)). Being second to last I decided to take the drive through in lap 1. After rejoining the track I was alone with only @CatchAGlimpse joining myself. He managed to overtake me into the first corner and after that I didn't have any traffic or battles anymore and could just put in one Qualy lap after another and catch the field from behind. I ended up in P7. I think I would probably have lost more time when fighting at the front for the whole race. So thanks @CatchAGlimpse for the crash ;).

I also have to add that the moaning and ranting completely ruined the fun of the second race :rolleyes:

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Race 2 started like my second race in Barcelona. Starting from the front (P3) and getting crashed out by some of the faster guys behind (This time it was @CatchAGlimpse). But he apologized and waited for me to join the track in front of him (I was pissed, but everyone makes mistakes sometimes, and he admitted his mistake :)). Being second to last I decided to take the drive through in lap 1. After rejoining the track I was alone with only @CatchAGlimpse joining myself. He managed to overtake me into the first corner and after that I didn't have any traffic or battles anymore and could just put in one Qualy lap after another and catch the field from behind. I ended up in P7. I think I would probably have lost more time when fighting at the front for the whole race. So thanks @CatchAGlimpse for the crash ;).

I also have to add that the moaning and ranting completely ruined the fun of the second race :rolleyes:
Totally my fault dude so was happy to wait for you to recover. Hoped you would keep up so I could "pull" you with me on my recovery drive but I agree I think the incident helped so we avoided all the carnage in front :)

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Qualifying - Fantastic effort from everyone, p3 to p7 was extremely close.

Race 1 - This was relatively smooth & carefree, however looking back at my replay I never realised how close @Puffpirat was into T1, so apologies if I gave you a fright!
I spent most of the race steadily building the gap to P2, though when @Eugene Flerko got passed @t0daY that gap quickly shrunk in the closing laps. Massive thanks to @Squill & @Ricardo Macieira for allowing me to get through cleanly with little time lost :pompous: In the end I was able to take my first win 1.7s ahead of Eugene & 3.1s ahead of Puffi :stig:

Race 2 - Starting P10 I was still buzzing from my first win & hoping to bring home another podium!
Lap 1 was a pretty good though there was issues both in front & behind me...
There was some contact between @Raigore & myself through the chicane onto the back straight, good ol' sticky doors. Thankfully I was able to keep the car pointed in the right direction & rejoin safely.

I was able to get past him in the same place on the next lap & take advantage of an incident between @Battenberg & @xIbraGiox (Gio scared me by how early he braked)

After this, was an epic chase & fight with Eugene, passing @RdMracer & @JustG along the way. Our battle ended when Manu left the pits & sweetly slotted between us allowing me to relax slightly & work on closing the gap to p1 who needed about 34s to complete his drive through.

Last edited:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
First off - congratulations to @FuBii for two excellent results.

A bit of a mixed night last night. To be fair I didn't deserve any special results as 20 mins of practice isn't really what's required with this level of racing. Qualifying went better than expected to be honest and 10th on the grid was fairly pleasing.

Going into race 1 the car had a very basic setup, way too much fuel and super safe radiator. My start was decent, just trying to avoid damage really. Sadly things went south rather quickly in one lap. @Raigore managed too, as he later put it, "send me to the shadow realm". No real damage, but a heavily compromised line with cars buzzing past me. @Battenberg and I went into the chicane side by side (a bold move to be sure). I tried to give him room going through, but in doing so gave myself a line with a bad understeery exit, followed by a"little tap" to his door. Speed once more compromised on the straight I had 2 cars passing on the left, I tried to move right to find @Born2BSlow already there. Our doors suffered "Project Cars Glue" and we both ended up spinning off. After this I had 40% front aero damage. I chose to stay out, thinking that the difference in speed couldn't be that bad in this type of car. Sadly it was about 5secs per lap. The pit lane is huge, so maybe staying out was actually correct. Unfortunately I could only nurse the car home in 20th.

Race 2 was better. Again, the goal was stay out of trouble andt try to enjoy some battles and progress up the field. THis was working quite nicely, but I coudn't find a way around @T.rev.1, though I felt much faster in all the wrong parts of the track. This allowed @Raigore and @Pierre CREUSEVAULT to take advantage and pass me and it took some time before I caught up again. Still, it gave me the most fun battle of the night. @Pierre CREUSEVAULT and I had a great scrap and he defended mightily throughout. We did trade a couple of blows, but each gave position back and (I hope) it was all good natured. I finally managed to throw a good enough fake to convince him to compromise his line through the esses, otherwise I don't think I would ever have made it past. P13 from P19 start.

There's not much to say about the bickering other than its tiresome, uneeded and massively distracting.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My POV..

Users who are viewing this thread