Revolution Cup - Season 4 - Feedback Thread (1 Viewer)

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Firstly thanks to all all the admins, especially @Darksi for running split 2

Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind! (track choices, car choice, weather, etc.):

Positive: I won?! Seriously though yet again the big positive was the RSR community, spending time on set ups with others and all the daftness that goes with it was a real highlight. Team championship again was good although I don't think @UnstopaPaul was ever an AM, probably a split 1 with me for next season? Letting us into the server during the driver briefing was a good thing as I always have issues getting in at first.

Negative: Monza turn 1. GTE areo push making close racing difficult.

Which car would you like to drive for season 4?

Single car for all whatever it is. I'd like something like a TCR car, clio cup, Ginetta GT5. I see a few people want an open wheeler, I'm open (get it?) to that, but cautious as I don't want the aero to effect the racing too much.

How did you like the Team Championship (Am/Pro)?

Love it as I always have done :)

How did you like the schedule (2 races, 1 break, ...)

I struggle to comment on this, been better at fitting other things around this season. Maybe more consistency every week or every 2 weeks, but I'm not really too bothered.

Do you have any other general feedback?

No, see you next season :)

Zemke

Community Member
Reaction score
Overall, the whole shebang was top notch! I thoroughly enjoyed it and am already looking forward to the next one.

The only comment I have is about the schedule. Racing every-other week would fit my real life schedule much better and I'd be able to attend all the races, rather than just half of them as a reserve driver.
For any particular day of the week, I have to work every-other one. So, if Season 5 races were run every two weeks, and synchronized with my off days, I'd have the chance to be a full time driver! Of course, I do understand it's a hell of a lot to ask to schedule a big series like that around a single person, so I'll just keep my fingers crossed and get in there when I can. But maybe some others would prefer every-other week, as well?

As for cars, it's a shame that Formula Renault 3.5 is unlikely, as that'd be a ton of fun. How about open wheelers that are a little more robust, like Formula Rookie or one of the Vintage cars/classes?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm not saying "we won't" run open wheelers, I'm just saying it's unlikely :)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I'm not saying "we won't" run open wheelers, I'm just saying it's unlikely :)
I heard yes... ;)

seriously though, I get it, but if no full series then either a more robust open wheeler (Radical SR8/Caterham SP/300R) or at least a FR3.5 mini-series. I assume "damage off" is out of the question even in a well disciplined community like RSR? :D

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
I heard yes... ;)

seriously though, I get it, but if no full series then either a more robust open wheeler (Radical SR8/Caterham SP/300R) or at least a FR3.5 mini-series. I assume "damage off" is out of the question even in a well disciplined community like RSR? :D

Neither the Radical nor the Caterham are open wheelers. They're open top, but not open wheel. And to be fair, they're not even single seaters.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Neither the Radical nor the Caterham are open wheelers. They're open top, but not open wheel. And to be fair, they're not even single seaters.
just giving the closest fun/safer alternatives. There's always this :D

upload_2018-4-24_18-56-43.jpeg

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
just giving the closest fun/safer alternatives. There's always this :D

View attachment 3969

Don't get me wrong - I would like to see the Radical SR8 in a cup as well. Or the Honda 2&4 concept. Which is sort of open wheel. Not entirely, but it comes close.

Reapper[ZA]

Community Member
Reaction score
Hallo Gents, from a new racer for the season, i can not complain one bit. Thanks to the head and all staff and other racers
U Gents are AWESOME. Had my tangles and so on, but all and all Perfect. Thanks Gents.

I am happy with all as is, and changes that my come, I'm here for the enjoyment of the game and racing with Gents like
U all.

Keep up the Good Work. PS. Thanks again.:)

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
  • Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind! (track choices, car choice, weather, etc.)
Pretty positive, Mostly decent tracks and the car was pretty fun.
  • Which car would you like to drive for season 5?
A proper race car(Open Wheel) Formula Renault or Indy Car.
  • How did you like the Team Championship (Am/Pro)?
Enjoyed it.
  • How did you like the schedule (2 races, 1 break, ...)
Its a good schedule I think
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
The live streams were very entertaining to watch. Really hope that continues into next season.

Open wheel seems pretty popular this time around. There are plenty of open wheel cars without wings that would produce great racing like the Lotus 25, 51, 49 or the Formula Rookie. As for the single seater wings thing I don't get why that's an issue. The GTEs could loose wings pretty easily and the main damage issue with the single seaters(wheels) wouldn't be an issue if we ran performance impacting as we did this season...

Jakeyy

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I know a few people have suggested open wheelers but it is unlikely they will ever feature in the Cup. The risks are too great, with the slightest contact resulting in lost wings.

Can't lose wings if we race the Formula Rookie ;)

Freak Superman

Community Member
Reaction score
  • Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind! (track choices, car choice, weather, etc.) The weather was good. And I like the car choice for the season.
  • Which car would you like to drive for season 5? Formula Rookie or GT5
  • How did you like the Team Championship (Am/Pro)? I like the Team side of things.
  • How did you like the schedule (2 races, 1 break, ...) The schedule was good.
  • Do you have any other general feedback? No other feedback

Cartman_SP69

Community Member
Reaction score
  • Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind! (track choices, car choice, weather, etc.)
This was my first league race with RSR and i thoroughly enjoyed it I'm still definitely an amateur driver and have a lot to learn.
I really Enjoyed the GTE class and I also have to say for my first league race on Pcars 2 it is a great class to start with.

On the negative side I really struggled with the weather, was a totally new challenge to me, also learning how to set the cars up was quite a learning curve.
  • Which car would you like to drive for season 5?
I would enjoy any of the GT classes and or the vintage class sounds interesting.
  • How did you like the Team Championship (Am/Pro)?
This is a great idea, the first two races of the season I really enjoyed and learned a lot from OKI, it's just a pity his game started acting up and i found myself all alone with trying to figure out the setups, luckily this is a great community with a lot of helpful members.
  • How did you like the schedule (2 races, 1 break, ...)
I found the 2 races 1 break ok, I'm vary limited with time to practice and get the car setups down, I would like to see maybe 1 Race, 1 Break and maybe an unofficial practice event on the break week, or mock race for fun and experience on the next track in the season, especially for the new AM drivers that do not know the tracks well or at all, I find it helps to chase someone and learn how they take the corners on the track.
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Not really Overall experience was excellent and I'm Officially hooked on sim racing. See you on track soon :)

Last edited:

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Dispite focussing on iRacing I really enjoyed driving on pCars2, there are always ups and downs comparing sims so I'll try to cancel out my biased side :D

Positive:
  • Splits were balanced out, slowest drivers in split 1 vs fastest drivers in split 2
  • Car choic: I'm a GT fan and the RSR release didn't change that
  • Track selection: fits the cars we were driving
Neutral
  • Open setups: some people just lack time to dig into setups due to family, education, work, multiple sims, which sets them back
  • Weather: pCars has had a past of funky live weather issues but I would like to see more rain .. totally not biased! :D
Negative:
  • Championship points: 18 out of max 32? drivers are able to get points so for drivers that are around that position and are on their bad tracks, it's literally pointless to drive besides spending some time on a track you don't like.
  • Championship points: There is a 39 points difference between P1 and P2-3 in split 1 and the only difference is their DNF/P12 vs P1 in race 1. That point gap is just too massive to have a competitive championship even when you count in a bad race.
Which car would you like to drive for season 5?
I have no idea about BOP of some of the car groups, so look at it from a persons perspective that just sees beautiful cars.
  • Open wheeler (3.5 or the C - R)
  • Multiclass (I keep saying it)
  • Road class car
  • Vintage GT
  • Not really an added benefit for me personally. I just raced who-ever was infront / behind me and I didn't look at PRO/AM standings.
  • Schedule is fine, I would just ask to keep an eye on timing schedule as we had delayed starts 6/6 races.
  • @t0daY needs to start driving again

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Negative:
  • Championship points: 18 out of max 32? drivers are able to get points so for drivers that are around that position and are on their bad tracks, it's literally pointless to drive besides spending some time on a track you don't like.
  • Championship points: There is a 39 points difference between P1 and P2-3 in split 1 and the only difference is their DNF/P12 vs P1 in race 1. That point gap is just too massive to have a competitive championship even when you count in a bad race
We had an average of 23 drivers finishing so it isn't too bad I guess, then again yeah would could expand it to P20-25. I only find your argument a bit questionable. F1 has had a point system for only the Top6 for years. Should Sauber stay home directly? ;)

Could you go into a bit more detail on that second point. I was involved in the new points system for this season, so I would like to know what could have been done better.

If you say the number/the gap itself is too high (and it's really only one race win) I will refer to your first point. If we give points till say P30, I can't give the winner 30 points and P15 15 Points. So that gap would increase even more.

If we would take strike results, it would look like P1/P1/P2/P2/P3 vs P1/P1/P3/P3/P4 vs P1/P2/P2/P2/P4, the gap would be much smaller between the top 3, but no point system would really change that.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I was involved in the new points system for this season, so I would like to know what could have been done better.

The Points system for season 4 was good but naturally we will evolve and look at all possibilities

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The Points system for season 4 was good but naturally we will evolve and look at all possibilities
True, I just wanted to know what exactly wasn’t ideal, because that makes the evolving part easier :)

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Outstanding
This community. You know why.

Good
GTE - Not a car class I particularly drove in earnest before, along with most GT3, as 90% of the public lobbies are of this type. Must say though I did enjoy the challenge. Though it very much turned into a 2 car class in Split 2.

Neutral
As much as I enjoy the varied start times & weather, trying to race when the fps drops to 19 can be, dodgy with other cars around me. Though this is more my weak GPU not being able to cope with potato settings :(

Bad
There were times when the TS chatter got a touch too, angry. Though this improved dramatically over the season.
Otherwise another outstanding League season!

Which car would you like to drive for season 5?
I keep saying it, mostly because I really really like that car, BAC Mono.
I'm not a huge fan of the open wheeler's. The cars feel totally different from how they drove/handled in pcars1. I still haven't gotten the hang of them.
I'd stick to road legal, turned track toys to race with.
That or something totally outrageous - karting anyone? :p (please don't)

I do enjoy this, unfortunately @atmosfearic34 didn't have me for long & had to score all the points for us. (Pretty sure this is the 2nd time my Am driver has outscored me now:eek::oops:) Outstanding job you did man. Couldn't believe how quick you were in Monza.

I'm easy with this. Monday's always work better for myself though I know it's not the case for everyone.

When do we start again?!:D:D:D

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
We had an average of 23 drivers finishing so it isn't too bad I guess, then again yeah would could expand it to P20-25. I only find your argument a bit questionable. F1 has had a point system for only the Top6 for years. Should Sauber stay home directly? ;)
We're not getting paid by RSR to drive ;)

Could you go into a bit more detail on that second point. I was involved in the new points system for this season, so I would like to know what could have been done better.
If you say the number/the gap itself is too high (and it's really only one race win) I will refer to your first point. If we give points till say P30, I can't give the winner 30 points and P15 15 Points. So that gap would increase even more.
If we would take strike results, it would look like P1/P1/P2/P2/P3 vs P1/P1/P3/P3/P4 vs P1/P2/P2/P2/P4, the gap would be much smaller between the top 3, but no point system would really change that.

I did some quick math, even added the 2 bonus points for a pole position and fastest lap in the race. In red you can see the old points and how it ends up being the correct scoring (so nobody can question my math). In the green you can see the "new" points or as you refered to it, give points per position (untill 25).
You can compare TOTAL 1 and TOTAL 2 and see how some of the positions would have switched, showing a more accurate representation of the championship and participation.

Not to call out anyone (just examples):
  • Bart participated in 2 races, earning himself P8. He would have dropped with the new points
  • Kman found all the way at the bottom but finished nearly all races, why not reward that?
  • Various position changes based on participation
Everyone that finished a race received points instead of rewarding the superfast drivers.

note: DNF / DNS = 0 which resulted in 0 points
edit: I've kept the excel file so if a points system wants to be tested, just pm me

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread