Project CARS 2 RL Event: Sim Racing Expo / Blancpain Series @ Nürburgring | 15-17 Sep 2017 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score
Friday to Sunday it's 30 € per lap, Monday to Thursday it's 25 €. Season pass is 1.900 €.

What car do you have? Just curious if someone with an even crappier car than mine dares to go on the ring :D.
I can't unfortunately because I just found out that my current insurance company (soon no longer:rage:) doesn't cover driving on racetracks AND the Nordschleife... :(

Dacia Logan (0,9L/90PS)... What car did you have?

And good info actually! Have to check my insurrance now :O

Edit: I don't found anything in my AGB. So i wrote them a Mail, i hope they answear me until Friday/Saturday :D

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Here in the UK, almost all standard motor insurance policies exclude driving on a racetrack. Additional to that, driving on the Nordschleife often means you have to pay a very high rate if you want to be covered. I was chatting to a customer on Tuesday and one of his customers (they are a high quality bodyshop) baulked at the idea of paying well over £3K for a single day, with a huge excess, to cover his Porsche 911 GT3. In true click-bait fashion, "you'll never guess what happened next". The guy ended up selling his 911 Turbo to cover the repair costs of his GT3 :eek:. Those high costs are why a lot of people in the UK don't bother covering themselves (or are simply ignorant of the fact that their own normal insurance doesn't cover it)

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Most insurance companies exclude race tracks and especially race events here in Germany too, but since the Nordschleife isn't a race track by law*, they have to exclude it separately.

*It's a private toll road without a speed limit. Still, traffic law applies (i.e overtaking on the right side is forbidden)

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Most insurance companies exclude race tracks and especially race events here in Germany too, but since the Nordschleife isn't a race track by law*, they have to exclude it separately.

*It's a private toll road without a speed limit. Still, traffic law applies (i.e overtaking on the right side is forbidden)
Aye but, sadly, UK insurance companies still tend to exclude it. My wording was a little clumsy but, the gist of it is, it costs a small fortune to get cover for driving it so, most people simply take a risk and hope they don't crash (or get caught up in somebody else's crash).

Looking forward to a passenger ride again (from the backseat this time) in Elmo's car, with its upgrades. I thought about adding myself to Ramiboo and Falcon's car, to drive some laps, but I'd rather drive my own car around the 'ring on my first go, especially if it's wet :chicken:

Elmo

SMS Developer
Community Member
Reaction score
While waiting for my plan back to Germany I currently putting together the shopping list for the BBQ on Friday and the Breakfast stuff.

If there are any special needs or wishes, please let me know.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
3am. 3 o'bloody clock. That's what time I have to get up tomorrow morning. Somebody remind me why I said yes to this? :D

Will be grinding the coffee this afternoon. I don't know what coffee-making facilities the house will have but I will bring my cafetiere with me, to brew up 3-4 mugs of coffee at a time.

While waiting for my plan back to Germany I currently putting together the shopping list for the BBQ on Friday and the Breakfast stuff.

Cold beer for @Yorkie_065 :D

EDIT : And boiling water for me - sod beer, I'm going to be in desperate need of coffee :eek:

ps. @Elmo, how was the drive around Ireland?

Last edited:

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score

Bratwurst sausages!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread