Assetto Corsa Round 2: Road Atlanta (1 Viewer)

Round 2: Road Atlanta
Posted by Ricardo
Assetto Corsa
Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - 18:00
Until: Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - 23:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Server keeps kicking me out

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

StubbornGymnast

Community Member
Reaction score
Im gonna pull out for this race. I dont want to take the risk for causing an accident in the race. I hope i will have fixed the problem in two weeks time. Shame as its a bloody fun track. Good luck tonight guys, enjoy:)

Last edited:

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Last edited:

cheekyspam

Community Member
Reaction score
One to Forget :(

Far too many off-tracks. I had no personal control and was fighting with the car all the way round (And she did nothing wrong :D).

One incident was that bad just from going off track I had over 2 minutes of repairs. I have never seen the repair bar move so slowly.

Really sorry for any incidents I may have caused as I was quite unpredictable.

I did finish the race even though I had some very dark moments #RefuseToRageQuit :D.

Here's hoping for a better next round.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well, that went okay!

Was feeling quite confident after R1, knowing that I had pace in the car. Managed to get P1 in practice - but just like F1 - means nothing ;)

Into qualifying and I knew people could get into the 19's. Couldn't get a lap together early on, but finally near the end of the session I just crept under the 1:20 mark. @Exited took pole, but only half a second separated the top 4! Decided that I would do a 1 stop strategy again. First few laps @Jeff[NL] went off and I gained a place up to 3rd. At one point I think I was into 2nd but must have got jumped during pit stopping. Spent most of the race on my own trying to stay fast and consistent. Didn't make many mistakes, ran wide a few times and the kerbs tried to kill me once or twice, but as @DannyvdMeer was catching me near the end I came home in 3rd. Really pleased with the result and it's already making GTE interesting after 2 rounds.

Congrats to the winners and see you at the next round :cool:

Def

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The race was a bit up and down unfortunately. Sorry to whoever I banged doors with on the inside of turn 1, I didn't mean it. Made a couple mistakes, gained from others', but my race ended quickly when I collided with a stopped car on the exit of turn 1. Wasn't sure of how to handle it since i went back to pits via pause menu, the car was way too dangerous to drive. Waited a couple minutes before I got going again but had to park it a few laps later.
See you all in Road America and congratulations to the podium finishers. ;)

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
As expected, this car and this track was just a perfect fit, really really good fun lapping this one for 90min!
Wasn't the most spectacular race for me as @Jeff[NL] understeered on cold tires into the grass in T1 and I could build a decent gap to @DannyvdMeer and @hinesy32 in the first stint on the soft tires. Had some code brown moments with the prototypes and lapped GTE cars but all in all another flawless race for me, I think it must be the new wheel :D

The said wheel gave my wrists a really hard time yesterday. Jesus with all those compressions and high kerbs I had serious pain after about 1h... Thank god there is a long straight where I could shake my hands a little bit every lap :cool:

Negative part: where are those 30 people that signed up for this awesome league?

See you all in two weeks!
The next double header with Road America and especially Mosport will be out of this world fun :p

Cheers,
Exited

Last edited:

Daniel H

Community Member
Reaction score
That track started so nice for me but after 60 mins of consistent driving, I have made one mistake and crash after another.
The Prototypes always make me nervous in Sektion 5, dangerous moments there and then mistakes.

The Problem was also that I was trying to drive as fast as the TOP GT drivers, but you drive in another league and with much better setup.
Can someone share his setup for this track afterwards?

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That track started so nice for me but after 60 mins of consistent driving, I have made one mistake and crash after another.
The Prototypes always make me nervous in Sektion 5, dangerous moments there and then mistakes.

The Problem was also that I was trying to drive as fast as the TOP GT drivers, but you drive in another league and with much better setup.
Yeah sure, will upload tonight.
But I can tell you already what I used because you can't change that much :D
ARBs: 6 front / 2 rear
Aero : 2 front / 6 rear
Tire pressures: 18psi LF / 19psi RF / 16psi LR / 18psi RR
Diff: 10 or 15% acceleration diff / 45% coasting diff
Final drive: one click less (275kph speed in 6th gear)
Brake bias: 68%

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Diff: 10 or 15% acceleration diff
That's why I spun exiting turn 7 every 2 laps when tyres were gone , I had it at 35-40

Last edited:

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That's why I spun exiting turn 7 every 2 laps when tyres were gone , I had it at 35-40
Rule of thumb in AC, always try minimum acceleration Diff settings first. If that works, keep it. Makes the car a lot more predictable over kerbs, as AC has a problem with suddenly increasing camber angles when you hit a kerb. Grip at the kerb hitting inner tires drops a lot in this case and with high diff settings to much torque is transferred to the outer tire and the car starts to rotate massively all of a sudden...
Noticed that when I started practicing for the Spa test race when hitting the inside kerb at stavelot. This was with 99% game over and became a lot better with lower diff settings.

On the other hand your acceleration will be worse and the inner tire will spin more during acceleration :cool:

Daniel H

Community Member
Reaction score
Are you driving with Medium or Soft tires? I had the Feeling that the soft tires lose Grip after short time.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Are you driving with Medium or Soft tires? I had the Feeling that the soft tires lose Grip after short time.
Soft both stints, at the last laps my tyre wear indicator was on red and I was driving on ice...

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
First stint in softs, second one on mediums. Left rear was on the limit after around 40min, so I decided to go for the safe route in the 2nd stint. But I was still able to do high 1.19 with those used tires.
On the other hand the mediums were around 2-3tenths slower for me than the softs, so I think both strategies would have worked in the end :happy:

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
First stint in softs, second one on mediums. Left rear was on the limit after around 40min, so I decided to go for the safe route in the 2nd stint. But I was still able to do high 1.19 with those used tires.
On the other hand the mediums were around 2-3tenths slower for me than the softs, so I think both strategies would have worked in the end :happy:
Last and first turn are rear left tyre killers

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

There you go mate.

cheekyspam

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah sure, will upload tonight.
But I can tell you already what I used because you can't change that much :D
ARBs: 6 front / 2 rear
Aero : 2 front / 6 rear
Tire pressures: 18psi LF / 19psi RF / 16psi LR / 18psi RR
Diff: 10 or 15% acceleration diff / 45% coasting diff
Final drive: one click less (275kph speed in 6th gear)
Brake bias: 68%
You are a legend @Exited
Thank you so much for sharing. I would have never considered lowering the Diff that much but what a difference it makes. :D

Can we do Atlanta again please :p

Users who are viewing this thread