Assetto Corsa Round 6 - Lausitzring (1 Viewer)

Round 6 - Lausitzring
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa
Monday, February 25, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Monday, February 25, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This track is awfull with that much of a bumps. I Watched some IRL onboards and the track doesnt seem to be that bad. I'm really not looking forward to this race at all.
Couldn't agree more. The first version of the track was awful and the 2nd version is even more awful imo. The bumps are nowhere near reality especially the bumps in the left hander in the 2nd sector.
Actually I'm a little bit pissed. We have awesome original quality tracks like Red Bull Ring and Nürburgring, which are on the reallife DTM track roster, and then we race something as bad as this mod... Sorry but there is no understanding for that decision on my side...

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I am unable to race tomorrow, Urgent livery stuff to deal with

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. The first version of the track was awful and the 2nd version is even more awful imo. The bumps are nowhere near reality especially the bumps in the left hander in the 2nd sector.
Actually I'm a little bit pissed. We have awesome original quality tracks like Red Bull Ring and Nürburgring, which are on the reallife DTM track roster, and then we race something as bad as this mod... Sorry but there is no understanding for that decision on my side...

• Red Bull Ring is DLC, would be unfair to force now people to buy a DLC for the final round.
  • Nürburgring comes with 24 Pit Boxes, needs again Pit Box modding which failed already at Hockenheimring.
We know this is far from ideal but we took a mod which has quality and already the required pit box slots. Can't say more about that. Trust me, I would have loved to drive Hockenheimring for the final round because it is my hometrack (15km away from my home)

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
  • Red Bull Ring is DLC, would be unfair to force now people to buy a DLC for the final round.
  • Nürburgring comes with 24 Pit Boxes, needs again Pit Box modding which failed already at Hockenheimring.
We know this is far from ideal but we took a mod which has quality and already the required pit box slots. Can't say more about that. Trust me, I would have loved to drive Hockenheimring for the final round because it is my hometrack (15km away from my home)
Or here
36 pitboxes Nürburgring, 2min googleing... There was never an issue with the OSRW tracks in 5 AC seasons at AOR and we did race the Nürburgring 2 times...
Btw I had 2 game crashes in 1,5h practicing today, so I would call this a stable solution. Never had any game crashes in 2 years of Assetto Corsa and others reported the same issue already. Not the best circumstances for a season finale :-(

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Or here
36 pitboxes Nürburgring, 2min googleing... There was never an issue with the OSRW tracks in 5 AC seasons at AOR and we did race the Nürburgring 2 times...
Btw I had 2 game crashes in 1,5h practicing today, so I would call this a stable solution. Never had any game crashes in 2 years of Assetto Corsa and others reported the same issue already. Not the best circumstances for a season finale :-(

But only because you would like to drive Nürburgring doesn't mean all the other 35 drivers are dancing with you. Do not get me wrong mate.
Post automatically merged:

There was plenty time to veto this mod/track, but 1 day before raceday is a bit too late. It is what it is, everyone is driving the same track. If you do not like it I can not help you, sorry.

5 AC seasons at AOR

Also I could not care less about AOR, we are here at RSR. I can't hear it anymore...

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Going to miss this race due to my accelerator pedal not doing as it should

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
But only because you would like to drive Nürburgring doesn't mean all the other 35 drivers are dancing with you. Do not get me wrong mate.
Post automatically merged:

There was plenty time to veto this mod/track, but 1 day before raceday is a bit too late. It is what it is, everyone is driving the same track. If you do not like it I can not help you, sorry.

Also I could not care less about AOR, we are here at RSR. I can't hear it anymore...
Wow wow wow.
First of all, I never said I don't wanna race on Lausitzring, I only said the quality of the mod is bad. I also never said, I wanna race on Nürburgring, I was only giving examples which are thousand times better quality than Lausitzring. Another example would be Misano. It's on the reallife track roster, is a for free mod and has quite good quality, but yeah it's too late...

Second, I had no time during the week to practice, so today were my first couple of laps. Sorry, but c'mon you can't tell me that you thought after a couple of practice laps "Oh this feels good, let's use this track for the season final"...

Third, did you read my post? I said with no word that AOR is better or worse or whatever, I just stated we used the OSRW tracks there all time and never had issues with the extended pitboxes, nothing else! Some weeks ago you are telling us, that we can talk open about AOR and don't need to write 'the other garage', today you are ranting, because I used the word AOR...

Sorry I'm just stating my opinion, which (I know) is this pretty negative this time, but imo I have every right to write down here what I'm thinking! If not, please tell me!

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wow wow wow.
First of all, I never said I don't wanna race on Lausitzring, I only said the quality of the mod is bad. I also never said, I wanna race on Nürburgring, I was only giving examples which are thousand times better quality than Lausitzring. Another example would be Misano. It's on the reallife track roster, is a for free mod and has quite good quality, but yeah it's too late...

Second, I had no time during the week to practice, so today were my first couple of laps. Sorry, but c'mon you can't tell me that you thought after a couple of practice laps "Oh this feels good, let's use this track for the season final"...

Third, did you read my post? I said with no word that AOR is better or worse or whatever, I just stated we used the OSRW tracks there all time and never had issues with the extended pitboxes, nothing else! Some weeks ago you are telling us, that we can talk open about AOR and don't need to write 'the other garage', today you are ranting, because I used the word AOR...

Sorry I'm just stating my opinion, which (I know) is this pretty negative this time, but imo I have every right to write down here what I'm thinking! If not, please tell me!

First of all, you have every right to post whatever you want (as long as it goes with our rules within the forum).

We decided as a team to run Lausitzring and this decision stands. We announced the track change on the 15th February, everyone had more than enough time to veto this decision. Only concerns I am reading until today was from @Vernux ("This track is awfull with that much of a bumps") and you ("The first version of the track was awful and the 2nd version is even more awful imo. The bumps are nowhere near reality especially the bumps in the left hander in the 2nd sector.").

If I have to react everytime 2 drivers are not happy with a chosen track we will never get a race done. If that would have been stated a week earlier with more participation from other drivers I am the last person to not make a change. But 2 drivers, that is just insufficent.

Complaining not even 24 hours before the event, not the finest way IMO.

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
Like @t0daY wrote we "only" have had two complaints about this track and people have had plenty of time to "complain".

We (@t0daY, @Ricardo Macieira and @Noztra) all agreed that this was the track we should run. I might not be the best track, but I have seen better and a lot worse. Choosing a track is not as simple as just picking a track. We have to consinder things like, is there enough space on it, is it good to race on, have we raced it before, are we gonna race it in the future, does it "fit" which the current track roster, etc. So lots of stuff when choosing a track and that's why we agreed to give people another week to practice.

Is the track terrible? Imo not at all. Is there some places where the quality is lower? (bumps) Yes there is. But that is how it is on pretty much all modded tracks. If you only want 100% Kunos quality tracks, then we have 8 different tracks we can race on every season. Imo not very fun.

But like always @Exited, we appreciate peoples opinions and when we do our after season briefing we will talk about it and improve so we don't have this situation going forward. :)

Vernux

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
First of all, you have every right to post whatever you want (as long as it goes with our rules within the forum).

We decided as a team to run Lausitzring and this decision stands. We announced the track change on the 15th February, everyone had more than enough time to veto this decision. Only concerns I am reading until today was from @Vernux ("This track is awfull with that much of a bumps") and you ("The first version of the track was awful and the 2nd version is even more awful imo. The bumps are nowhere near reality especially the bumps in the left hander in the 2nd sector.").

If I have to react everytime 2 drivers are not happy with a chosen track we will never get a race done. If that would have been stated a week earlier with more participation from other drivers I am the last person to not make a change. But 2 drivers, that is just insufficent.

Complaining not even 24 hours before the event, not the finest way IMO.
Wanna defend myself. When you changed the track i tested it a day after that and posted my opiniom on the forum. It wasnt 24h before it event.

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
Wanna defend myself. When you changed the track i tested it a day after that and posted my opiniom on the forum. It wasnt 24h before it event.

No reason to defend anything. :)

But like @t0daY wrote its one persons opinion, which imo isn't enough to change track. Lets say 10 people have had the problem/opinion, then we would have to react. Not that your opinion doesn't matter. :)

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Like @t0daY wrote we "only" have had two complaints about this track and people have had plenty of time to "complain".

We (@t0daY, @Ricardo Macieira and @Noztra) all agreed that this was the track we should run. I might not be the best track, but I have seen better and a lot worse. Choosing a track is not as simple as just picking a track. We have to consinder things like, is there enough space on it, is it good to race on, have we raced it before, are we gonna race it in the future, does it "fit" which the current track roster, etc. So lots of stuff when choosing a track and that's why we agreed to give people another week to practice.

Is the track terrible? Imo not at all. Is there some places where the quality is lower? (bumps) Yes there is. But that is how it is on pretty much all modded tracks. If you only want 100% Kunos quality tracks, then we have 8 different tracks we can race on every season. Imo not very fun.

But like always @Exited, we appreciate peoples opinions and when we do our after season briefing we will talk about it and improve so we don't have this situation going forward. :)
All good. You know me, I'm always voicing my opinion, sometimes it's positive, sometimes it's negative. I'm really not the person to say that everything is perfect, when it is not the case in my opinion.
I don't agree with you that we would only have 8 tracks to race on if we only use Kunos quality tracks, as they are perfect examples on how good a mod track can be (Road Atlanta, Road America, Donington, Tor Poznan, Misano, Algarve, and many many more)...

But enough discussion, it's to late to change anything now, so I'm trying to get the best out of it and hope that the track is more fun when racing others.

Cheers,
Exited

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
those complaining about bumps need to go 3-4 seconds slower and be nowhere near the racing line......works for me, I didn't notice any bumps.

CrisBCros

Community Member
Reaction score
I wont race tonight - shane since its the final round of this amazing league. Looking forward to the next (hopefully DTM) season and wishing you all good luck for tonight. C ya soon on track :stig:

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I cannot race tonight. Something popped up at work, I won't be home in time. :(

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm going to pull out. I've got some late meetings and I may or may not be back in time. As I'm not sure I'm happy to give my place to a keen reserve.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
I just tested it again and I think that left turn is actually not that bumpy but the bumps meet the natural frequency of the body and that ampifies the car movement. I still belieft that in amplitude Tor Poznan has a worse surface in some areas. Not bitching about the digital version of the track, I believ it is authentic as it's not a fames or wealthy track, I did enjoy the layout though.

Btw. I think Vernux is missing in the Quali Groups.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread