RSR Videos what should i do? (1 Viewer)

Kebs

Community Member
Reaction score
I started working on a little trailer thingy for RSR yesterday.
Still having slight issues with how am i gonna record the game but any how.
I have this question should i make a one a little bit longer video with the exciting trailer stuff in it with some footage of the fun nights and everything else i can think about. OR should i make 2 different videos one being a 1-2 minute exciting trailer sort of thingy and then maybe doing a little funny moments series on the side?

I haven't really been able to do much since i'm still figuring out how to get the smoothest possible outcome recording pCars... but here's a little screenshot anyway :)

Oh and ps if anyone of you want to use the intro i have made for rsr in your videos just ask me and ill upload it to somewhere for you to get it :)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dieu6vnc8y8hrab/RevolutionSimRacing.mp4

Feel free to use it when ever you want.
Make sure you're render settings are set to 60fps for the smoothest possible outcome.

Cheers! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having a look at the intro you've made, was planning on making something for my own videos but I lack any skills. :p

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Very very very cool mate! If you got questions according camera movement and how to do it I would ask @Photonenbert or @Hobbnob. Here some trailers from both of them :)

Photonenbert:

Hobbs:
(ABSOLUT FAVOURITE!!!)

Kebs

Community Member
Reaction score
@SillySausage I can make a Avi version of the intro on sunday since i'm a bit booked tomorrow i'll upload it to youtube and give an additional download link since the only version i have with it is synced with the song of the video i'm making. And if you're using sony vegas i'll gladly help any way i can, since i know it can be so annoying at the start haha :)

@t0daY Thanks mate, the videos from hobbs and bert are exactly what i'm looking for on how to do. I'll try to contact them :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The DEV cameras are an absalute nightmare and you would spend more time setting them than youd like and for a 2 to 3 minz vid its not worth it as it takes hours to get the things how you want imo its really not worth messing with the camera postions theres so many good angles allready on pcars....as i said the DEV cams are a nightmare and im sure others will agree....hopefuly pcars 2 will have a better option for editing replays...

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The DEV cameras are an absalute nightmare and you would spend more time setting them than youd like and for a 2 to 3 minz vid its not worth it as it takes hours to get the things how you want imo its really not worth messing with the camera postions theres so many good angles allready on pcars....as i said the DEV cams are a nightmare and im sure others will agree....hopefuly pcars 2 will have a better option for editing replays...

I am sure Photonenbert and Hobbs are tend to disagree. Yes it is not ideal but far from unusable.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I am sure Photonenbert and Hobbs are tend to disagree. Yes it is not ideal but far from unusable.
I hate to disagree with you but it was bert that told me they are a nightmare..and i agree they are..i never said unusable i said in plain terms shit lol..

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I hate to disagree with you but it was bert that told me they are a nightmare..and i agree they are..i never said unusable i said in plain terms shit lol..

Be honest, you like it! :D Yes I know they are a pain. I swapped nightmare with unusable for no reasom, totally my bad! Just wanted to point out that they are still in some terms "usable" otherwise those nice videos from @Photonenbert and @Hobbnob weren't possible :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Be honest, you like it! :D Yes I know they are a pain. I swapped nightmare with unusable for no reasom, totally my bad! Just wanted to point out that they are still in some terms "usable" otherwise those nice videos from @Photonenbert and @Hobbnob weren't possible :)
Ohhh dont get me wrong them vids are ruddy brilliant...i was just offering some advice regarding the cameras on pcars...imo they are very very tricky and i tried em and kept ending up either making the car dissapeer or under the road i even manage to get the wire frame for the car to show rather than the car lol

Hobbnob

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Personally I don't use devcams, I can't even remember what the commandline is for it :)

Kebs

Community Member
Reaction score
All i'm looking for is the way to create my own camera movement which seems to be devcams? I have had my time with creating camera movements for instance in live for speed you had to use a mod and that was quite a pain to try and learn.... and cod4 cinematic mod was a pain too so i know what it feels like and its not too much fun. But i think the end result will be worth it.

@Hobbnob what do you use then? or did you use devcams before but stopped?

Hobbnob

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Never used devcams, never needed them. I'll choreograph what I need with the blokes I've got and set up 1 or 2 guys as camera cars. Then, when looking at the replay afterward, I use those camera cars as my anchor points and use the ctrl-kx2 camera to shoot what I need :)

Kebs

Community Member
Reaction score
That's actually quite smart tbh! Works probably quite well to a extent but if you want to use replays its tough luck :/
But thanks for the tip though and of course nice videos man! :)

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Devcams doesn't give you cameras detached from the car anyway AFAIK, it just gives you lots (about 40) different camera angles to toggle through. I think i you want to try it you just need to add "-devcams" without quotes to your launch options but be aware its annoying when you forget to turn it off and try to go for a race.

Kebs

Community Member
Reaction score
i'll check it out thanks, its better than nothing :)

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Kebs that animated logo is brilliant!

Would you mind giving me a download link? If I ever do a track guide or race video again I would love to use that as intro :)

Edit: nevermind just found the other thread :rolleyes:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
been messing with the rsr logo

Users who are viewing this thread