Split 1 - General Chat (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Changing topic, who wants to see a wet lap at Sakitto?

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thank you all guys.. For your open and honest opinions.. Really opened my eyes as to were im going wrong. Hopefully i can improve on my confidence and consistancy. Ill get there. then by that time pcars 2 will be out and ill have to start all over again lol

((EDIT AS I PUT COINCIDENCE NOT CONFIDENCE LOL.))

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I'm at the point where I'm getting really frustrated with the car as I can't work out what I'm doing wrong, setup is part of it. Last night I was too slow in a straight line as cars were pulling away and overtaking too easily on the straights, my entry onto the straights wasn't that bad.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
A quick reminder that this thread here is the general chat for the league. Specific stuff about certain events can be posted in their own event thread (thats actually why we are creating them :p)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Driver Update

- @DeBuG^ has joined Split 1 of the International Cup. He will be driving for Team Britain.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Qualifying Bans

Because of the recent actions between @Blue Monkey and @miagi (mainly on the last round at Nürburgring) we decided that both have to serve a Qualifying Ban for the next race they intend to participate. This means both of them will start from the back of the field.

Furthermore we demoted both drivers to Probation status (Orange). We do not tolerate such driving/attitude in RevolutionSimRacing and we hope that this will improve for the next rounds.

Your RSR Admin Team

@Suomy @MikeyTT @ramiboo @Cluck @Mr Beas @Laiders @jonnotheone @2scoops @Col_McCoy @Ashnoom @MelBonkers @Puffpirat @miagi @Photonenbert @Blue Monkey @PatatorJohn @Dama_The_Crow @FlyingKman @SillySausage @Alex Salmon @stolnikas @Morvic @DeBuG^

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
This is good to see, I'm sure those concerned don't think so, but RSR must stand by the standards we believe in and this will show everyone that there are penalties for not doing so,

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
After the Race 3, we were discussing on TS with @FlyingKman and others about the tire temperature. As many drivers appears to struggle with those BAC MONO tires, I think it may be informative to write my findings a bit more in detail.

For this specific car, I've found the correct temperature tire for me, is between 100[c] and 105[c]. I believe the way the temperature rises or decreases is highly dependent on the driving style, so it is hard to summarize a tire pressure in order to reach those temperatures.

But my suggestion for a proper tire pressure choice, starting from the default value. After 5 consistent laps:
-If your tire temp is too low, decrease the pressure.
-If your tire temp is too high, increase the tire pressure.

After that, there is some strategic choice to make. Starting with a fairly lower pressure might give you a better pace at the start of the race, but then the temperature may keep increasing and causes you trouble for the end of the race.

Good luck :)

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
That's really interesting to know. I've always tried to maintain tyre temps in the 90-100 bracket for all pCars cars. For the BAC, I'm sure I read somewhere that as they are on a road tyre that high 80s/low 90s was preferable. So I've been aiming for around 88-95deg.

I will certainly give the higher temps a try next time I'm on.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Maybe that's where i'm going wrong as I always work on mid 80's

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
As long as they don't go above 108c I've not really noticed much of a difference in grip levels between 80 & 105 but my steering is pretty much full lock or flick the stick a touch to keep the car pointed in roughly the right direction

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
How accurate is pcars when it comes to tires
Have they got the allowance for the tires to expand when they heat up.(as we all know when you heat a gas it expands)does pcars do this..??

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Regulation Update

Mandatory pit-stop:
Yes**

** = We will not use the ingame feature. All drivers must follow a Gentlemen's Agreement of a mandatory pitstop, at any time of your choosing during the race, where you must change all 4 tyres. Taking additional fuel is optional but not mandatory. The mandatory pitstop must be followed by at least one complete lap, during the scheduled race duration.

@Suomy @MikeyTT @ramiboo @Cluck @Mr Beas @Laiders @jonnotheone @2scoops @Col_McCoy @Ashnoom @MelBonkers @Puffpirat @miagi @Photonenbert @Blue Monkey @PatatorJohn @Dama_The_Crow @FlyingKman @SillySausage @Alex Salmon @stolnikas @Morvic @DeBuG^

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I tried the tyre temps last night. For me the car felt really horrible when the temps were 98/99 and into the 100's. The back felt really squirrely and I didn't feel like I had the bite on turn in or ultimately the overall grip levels I wanted.

It may be that I need to tweak the setup to accommodate the temp change, but for now I'm going back to low 90's.

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Ok, so I tried the tyre temps last night. For me the car felt really horrible when the temps were 98/99 and into the 100's. The back felt really squirrely and I didn't feel like I had the bite on turn in or ultimately the overall grip levels I wanted.

It may be that I need to tweak the setup to accommodate the temp change, but for now I'm going back to low 90's.
That's quite odd honestly. But note that the temperatures I've mentioned were for rain conditions at Sakito. I've not had the chance to run at Dubai for now. It might be very different.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok ok i know its a tad early to discuss the next race buuuuuuuuttttt lol. Can someone give me an okish time around silverstone in the foggy rainy weather lol.. I did a few laps and did a 56.. But iv no idea if thats good ok or even slow.((time trial is useless tbh i tried ))

Also im hoping for some help i just need a person or 2 to do a few laps with me ((any car and track)) and constantly put me under pressure. This is were im failing big time. So if anyone is willing to help me out id really appreciate it very much..

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@t0daY as I said I am dropping out due to too much leagues I'm doing atm.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Driver Update

- @Morvic has left Split 1 of the International Cup at his own request.
- @ProjectPD has joined Split 1 of the International Cup. He will be driving for Team Germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread