Split 1 - R2: Nürburgring - 30th Jan 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
lol noo my issue was wrong foot wear. im now back to my times now just by swapping shoes seems i can feel the pedals better now seriously..

This means that women actually have valid reasons for owning 10's of pairs of shoes at the same time LOL ?

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I have shoes for running, shoes for climbing, shoes for tennis..... and shoes for sim racing :D Instant 5 sec faster lap

:D

I get you. Since I changed pedals, I can't get used to it in my socks, I should also start driving in some some shoes.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This means that women actually have valid reasons for owning 10's of pairs of shoes at the same time LOL ?
Eeerrmmmm lol o dont know what to make of that mel lol are you calling me a woman

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
Honestly it sounded funny to me, then guys said they use shoes for sim racing :D but now i'm seriously thinking of trying this mod myself :D

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
9 times out of ten i use non slip socks. a thickish pair and i can feel the peddels so much beetter and give the right amount of pressure..you can only try it no harm in that it may or may not work for you.

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Eeerrmmmm lol o dont know what to make of that mel lol are you calling me a woman

Jonno, no mate. I'm not making fun of you, but just pointing out women do have obvious reasons for owning more shoes.

By the way, I do race with racing shoes as my brake pedal's load cell can "have" 50 kg of pressure. It hurts when I do that with bare feet or socks LOL!

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Jonno, no mate. I'm not making fun of you, but just pointing out women do have obvious reasons for owning more shoes.

By the way, I do race with racing shoes as my brake pedal's load cell can "have" 50 kg of pressure. It hurts when I do that with bare feet or socks LOL!
Mel im only joking bud...

I used to have racing shoes untill my dog pulled the tounge out of em and they never felt righy after that...

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I ran wide and knocked Ashnoom off in the last corner, please reverse our positions.

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
Unedited raw view from my perspective:

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wow! Wow! Wow! What a race! Started 8th, had a fantastic constant race battling for positions 6th to 8th. Alex was chasing me for the biggest part of the race. Lost the car 3 laps from the end due to a stutter, but thankfully I could save the car and continue with losing just 1 position. Battled my way back to Alex and finishing just 2 tenths behind him on 9th position. What a race! I'm a happy racer :D

My recording (Will post this also in the video thread)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Allright, got it. Thanks :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well, that race was hard work :eek:

Didn't qualify as well as I wanted to, I got caught up in traffic on my fastest lap and lost over half a second. I never found that pace again but still qualified 5th, albeit two tenths down on what I could have done (which still wouldn't have been good enough for pole - Puffy's lap was very quick!).

Got a pretty good start and was then helped out by 2 other guys coming together, gifting me 2nd place. From there it was lap after lap after lap of following Puffy, gaining a bit, losing a bit, until finally coming into the pits. I was slowly losing time to Suomy, who came into the pits behind me. We left, with him just a few tenths behind me and although I stretched that out a little, too many mistakes meant he was right behind me again. Knowing Puffy was still to pit, I put Queen and Country ahead of myself and let Suomy pass down the back straight. Inside my head I was shouting "Go Suomy, go, drive for your country!" . And, lo, it came to pass. Puffy came out of the pits just a few tenths ahead of us and now, we were in the traffic. Suomy and Puffy had a fantastic battle with Suomy and finally succumbed, with myself still chasing hard. In the end, we three were separated by just 3 seconds :eek:.

Fantastic race and hats to Puffpirat and Suomy :cool:

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Woah what a race! I wasn't expecting too much before the race and was surprised to get pole. Got lucky to get a run away from the field and kept a constant gap of about 4s to cluck. All race I feared to get a pit occupied again so I stayed out as long as possible.

Sadly on my inlap I got punted off track by a lagging car and lost a few seconds, then screwed up the pit entry on top of that. While sitting in the pits I suddenly saw soumy behind coming in. Just about managed to hang onto the lead but after the first peak of the tires suomy came closer and closer. Did all I could but a brilliant move from suomy through T1 and T2 gave him the lead. Well done mate, well done :)

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I was talking to you @Cluck while writing, completely forgot to give you a shout out :oops: brilliant race mate, you nearly got me there in the end :jimlad: that was super fun!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It was damn tight at the end Puffy (ahem) but I wasn't going to get too close and risk taking us both out. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :D.

But yeah, with Suomy, yourself and myself finishing a total of just 3 seconds apart, that was an awesome final few laps and some of the tensest racing I've encountered :).

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well firstly i have to say to @2scoops them first 5 laps were great. Then we synchronise spun... So i dived in to the pits at the end of lap 6 in my ultimate wisdom thinking i can claw at least 2 spots back with just 30 solid laps. Unfortunatly i pushed passed my limitations and that was that...but i completed my goal to finish.. Now on to placing next race.

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Well I enjoyed that one.

Fantastic battle with @FlyingKman @Ashnoom @stolnikas really hard work and great fun.

I hadn't done much practice here and it showed, started to get the hang of it in the race, until I ballsed up the pit strategy and put my hot running pressures on the new tyres (was thinking of the splash and dash in the Fusion race where the tyres weren't changed). Couldn't get the fronts to go above 65 and the rears were 75 or so. Gradually had less and less grip as the tyres were cooling and cracked under braking for the chicane, rejoining the back of the group. I then somehow managed to start turning green laps at the end, overdriving the car as much as possible to try and get some heat into the tyres!

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah, what a race :) I couldn't get a feeling of brakes whole race... Most of the corners my braking point was too early or too late. Catalunya was easier from that perspective :)
@FlyingKman what did you mean by calling me "a f**king beast at blocking"? :D I hope i didn't do anything that was not allowed by the rules :)
Congrats to @Suomy and @Puffpirat :) then you lapped me in the Hatzenbects being side by side i just thought "the battle is real" :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah, what a race :) I couldn't get a feeling of brakes whole race... Most of the corners my braking point was too early or too late. Catalunya was easier from that perspective :)
@FlyingKman what did you mean by calling me "a f**king beast at blocking"? :D I hope i didn't do anything that was not allowed by the rules :)
Congrats to @Suomy and @Puffpirat :) then you lapped me in the Hatzenbects being side by side i just thought "the battle is real" :)
I think kman means your defencive driving was at a standard he could not faulter..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread