Split 1 - R3: Sakitto - 13th Feb 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So I just did my first 10 to 15 laps or so. Managed to do a 1m11s4 with full fuel. I was 7 tenths down and then I bogged it at the chicane. So at lease a second slower than cluck on full fuel, except it took him 3 laps and me 10 laps ;-). The car is quite unstable at the chicane for me. This will be an exciting race.
Yep :D.

I'm not going to keep a 1m09 pace up for the entire race, especially with traffic to contend with, but it does show that it's possible on a full tank.

This race will probably require the most concentration I'll ever have to put into a race. It's tight, it's twisty, it's wet and the car loves to hang the back end out. 35 laps of that? Oh hell yes :D

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have a practice lobby up with mark and danvel, feel free to join :)

Mono practice
Pw: rsr

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
ps. I know Mikey won't want to see it but I'm uploading a free practice session video (that was recorded before the quali lap I posted before) that shows a 1m09.73 lap on the 3rd lap (outlap + 2 timed laps), starting from cold tyres and a full tank :eek:.
Au contraire... Who am I kidding :(

After a fair bit of time yesterday, basically playing around changing everything, I can now hit mid 1:10s reliably, but the car is still too wild at the rear. Even temping my loud foot, I'm getting loads of turn in oversteer, which is making the chicane a bit of a lottery. Even winding up the decel, it's not fixing things.

When I look at your video, the car is stable, driveable and pretty well planted. When I brake into T2, the car is unsettled and already wanting to overtake the front. I kind of just do a drift around into T3. Whilst I'm sure on replays it would look cool, I can't do it lap after lap. I also need to work on hitting the odd apex or two ;)

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@t0daY sorry I can't race tonight, private things unfortunately make me unavaible today. :(

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@t0daY sorry I can't race tonight, private things unfortunately make me unavaible today. :(

Date: Monday, 13th February 2017

Reading is a mighty tool! (Even the thread title says it "Split 1 - R3: Sakitto - 13th Feb 2017" :p)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yea I mean wtf @Morvic learn to read bro

DeBuG^

Community Member
Reaction score
I'll be doing some practicing tonight, if anyone wants to join me :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have a lobby open if anyone wants to join its up for a few hours...
Lobby name..rsrtesting
Password.rsr123
Im away for my dinner now but its up and running for anyone to jump in...

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Chances are I'll be online later this evening Jonno. I'll join you if you're online.

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Looks like I 100% won't be able to make this race as I expected so if one of our reserve drivers would like a seat for this race it's all yours. :)

DeBuG^

Community Member
Reaction score
Well... I'm not gonna lie lol... This race looks a horrible one for me... I'm sitting 1:12 deads.... Not quite sure what I'm doing wrong lol... My biggest issue is the first few right hand bends and then the chicane going up the hill, looking at Clucks video I wanna give it another go now lol...

Btw Cluck, massive thank you for taking the time to post the lap vids dude!

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well... I'm not gonna lie lol... This race looks a horrible one for me... I'm sitting 1:12 deads.... Not quite sure what I'm doing wrong lol... My biggest issue is the first few right hand bends and then the chicane going up the hill, looking at Clucks video I wanna give it another go now lol...

Btw Cluck, massive thank you for taking the time to post the lap vids dude!
Aproch the chicain in 4th flat out round that left kink. look for the white hatch markings on the road were they meet the outside kirb lift off shift down to 3rd and aim fot the Twinkie that sticks out the most. The car will miss it and glide you through. You may need to tap the brakes to make ot through. I dont use the brake through it but my car is set up for massive grip not speed. That might help you or not lol..

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Aproch the chicain in 4th flat out round that left kink. look for the white hatch markings on the road were they meet the outside kirb lift off shift down to 3rd and aim fot the Twinkie that sticks out the most. The car will miss it and glide you through. You may need to tap the brakes to make ot through. I dont use the brake through it but my car is set up for massive grip not speed. That might help you or not lol..
Ohh i forgot to say lol when you hit the hatch markings come off the throttle an down shift to 3rd and power back on as you pass the twinkies..it may or may not help you lol..

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, unfortunately college has caught up with me and i wont be able to race tomorrow. Good luck everyone :)

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I haven't done any practice at all. I though to go tonight on a concert so race was off, but there is no tickets......
I will try to catch up and do some practicing before tonight :(

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I was doing mid 1.11's middle of last week, come to practice this afternoon and i'm struggling to get into the 1.14's, what's the point in me even turning up apart from to give everyone else a laugh at how crap I am with this car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread