Split 1 - R4: Watkins Glen - 2nd April 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to be there for this one either.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I am unable to make it tonight, sorry @steveg200

CrisBCros

Community Member
Reaction score
Disconnected...:mad:

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry for some unnecessary chaos. My apology. I won't do any one-off drive anymore, as I don't really have time to get prepared, and oftenly stopped on track sideways on the stream.

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Gave up on that one, getting in the way and no idea what was going on with the HUD/pit stop thing.

Relative screen stopped working, kept missing the car behind me when there was clearly no lag/I could see them in the mirrors, so didn’t know who I was supposed to be racing... are there no blue flags in Pcars2, I thought Pcars1 had them?

I think something was up with my tyres after the pit stop, but couldn’t work out now to see tyre temps on the HUD.

Shame Pcars2 is such a buggy mess as the driving feels great...

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
In short:
After lap 1 I drove my own race with own pace because I was sure that I wouldn't be able to follow @Puffpirat , @ProjectPD ,@fab. ICEMAN and @Alex Salmon. After plenty of time I decided to push now and the first lap I tried that I already lost control and crash into the barrier. Car was damaged and I lost 1,5s almost every lap after the crash. In the end my fuel ran out and I had to do my last lap as slow as possible and lost a lot of positions.

My fuel ran out at the last corner, I reached the chequered flag with 50kph left, phh! :D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thank you for the awesome racing guys. @The Wayfaerer and myself had good fun again commentating you guys :)

Here is our POV :p

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
Good session, though was incredibly difficult to match all the other drivers pace, you guys were just so fast! Think the closest battle I had was with @stolnikas towards the last half of the session, but again, think he was just a few tenths a lap quicker so it was tough. Was a nice race to come back to though, had quite a sweat on against you drivers. All very quick :D

Tell you what was killer though, my pit-stop was over a minute long. The BMW was so fuel hungry, that took a big chunk, but also had damage to repair from the formation lap. Someone rear ended me, made the first half of the race very difficult and the rear very loose. Horrible feeling sitting there watching everyone drive past :D

Last edited:

AndrexUK

Community Member
Reaction score
That went a lot better than I was expecting in the M6...
I ran a practice race with the 1Hr time set, and worked out how much fuel I used (94L)
So put 98L in (gave an extra lap). Even ran the formation lap in practice, but since the race was 1hr 5 mins.... I was short on fuel :(
At the half way point, I looked at my fuel, and noticed i used more than half my fuel load, so was going to have to take some on in the pit (which I could have avoided b putting more fuel in to start with (think I can take 101L)
So I kept going, looking at how much fuel / time I was using up, to calculate how much to add in the pit.
Decided to play safe, and add 10L with about 2 mins to go, but I probably only needed about 4L.
Either way, fuel was about 5 secs worth in the pits, and P7 was more than 5s ahead, so nothing really lost.
Came out in P10, but P8+9 decided to battle, and went 2 wide through the bus stop, with a bit of contact, so managed to sneak back past them.
Kinda surprised I was able to hold my pace on 55min old tires, but they just felt fine, so carried on.
Very chuffed with top 'non Vett / Ford' finish. And P18 > P8 was a lot of fun!

Thanks to all Drivers + Staff!

Edit, sorry, there was 1 Ferrari ahead in P7..

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
@AndrexUK Only 100L? I also ran the M6 but I ended up using 120L, perhaps using a near default setup had some effect on this? I only know very little about setups so idk.

AndrexUK

Community Member
Reaction score
Can't remember the size of the tank now :( I run the GT3 M6 as well, so I get confussed.... 1 min, I'll check!

Max tank is 101L
I think it would have been VERY close (+ risky), but might have managed it...

Last edited:

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
Can't remember the size of the tank now :( I run the GT3 M6 as well, so I get confussed.... 1 min, I'll check!

Well I don't think it would of mattered either way, you finishing top 10 with the M6, meanwhile I was trotting around in the low 20s really struggling. Couldn't get any grip through or into the corners and I noticed just about everyone was massively out braking me. Really need to learn how to setup cars, completely clueless about it all! :D

AndrexUK

Community Member
Reaction score
I noticed just about everyone was massively out braking me.

Yeah, M6 is heavy, so not so good on the brakes :( (rather scary being followed). But I am aaaaaalways early on the brakes compared to everyone, so I'm used to it.
Luckly, I was never really battling with anyone.

Happy to pass on the setup, as long as you don't beat me in the next race :p

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah, M6 is heavy, so not so good on the brakes :( (rather scary being followed). But I am aaaaaalways early on the brakes compared to everyone, so I'm used to it.

Happy to pass on the setup, as long as you don't beat me in the next race :p

Well I'm a reserve as I only recently came back to RSR after an absence, but even so trying your setup I don't think would do me any good. I think I need to ask someone to help me learn to setup my own cars rather than take other peoples, I've never had much luck doing that. Different driving styles I suppose or perhaps I'm just really slow :D

AndrexUK

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm also a guest, this is my first league race in RSR (I do the endurance races, and drive in AOR leagues (for now...)).

I'm not fast! I'm just consistent...
Again, Happy to spend time and help you out, but I build a car for stability, not speed! (seams to work though...)
Add me in Steam (same name), and feel free to send a message / invite!
There will be a lot better ppl that could help you, but I'm more than happy to do anything I can!

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm not fast! I'm just consistent...
Again, Happy to spend time and help you out, but I build a car for stability, not speed! (seams to work though...)
Add me in Steam (same name), and feel free to send a message / invite!
There will be a lot better ppl that could help you, but I'm more than happy to do anything I can!

I watched a little of the stream and you're way up front, so yeah, you are fast. :D But hey, any help is appreciated. I'll send an invite over tomorrow morning, gonna' head off for the night. Good racing though.

AndrexUK

Community Member
Reaction score
I was only up front because I hadn't pitted (till the last 4 mins) :p

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
I was only up front because I hadn't pitted (till the last 4 mins) :p

Doesn't that mean you're even better then? Running almost an hour on one set of tyres? - I mean, having cars on fresh tyres chasing you, and you still having to make the pit. That honestly sounds like you gave yourself a disadvantage and still did well, but idk, maybe I'm wrong :D

Anyway, talk tomorrow, night!

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
In short:
After lap 1 I drove my own race with own pace because I was sure that I wouldn't be able to follow @Puffpirat , @ProjectPD ,@fab. ICEMAN and @Alex Salmon. After plenty of time I decided to push now and the first lap I tried that I already lost control and crash into the barrier. Car was damaged and I lost 1,5s almost every lap after the crash. In the end my fuel ran out and I had to do my last lap as slow as possible and lost a lot of positions.

My fuel ran out at the last corner, I reached the chequered flag with 50kph left, phh! :D
You won't believe me but I was almost sad to pass you right at the line. I would've pushed you but as we've learned that never ends well.

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Oh boy what a race!

After some crazy wild moments in the first few laps I settled down as third, which was a surprisingly good position by that time. As expected I lost some seconds to the front runners, but it was never more than 5 to 6s I believe. After the pitstop I felt pretty comfortable with the car and was able to get a couple of quick laps. I even somehow drove the fastest lap - must be another bug by PCARS?

Then @GosuNoob told me in stream chat that I'm actually catching up to the guys at front. The gap went down from 6s to 3s in about 10 to 15 min I guess. I knew they were still battling and if I catch up another 2 or 3 seconds I might be close enough to maybe benefit from whatever happens between those guys :D

But yea, if I only hadn't taken a look at my fuel count. xD 2 liters remaining and two and half laps to go. What a disappointment! My fuel calculations were just way too tight.. What a lesson to be learnt. But still, I finished in P4 and even though this was my loneliest race of the season so far I had an absolutely awesome race.

GG to the podium finishers and GJ to my teammate @CatchAGlimpse for his first points finish! Looking forward to the last two races :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread