Split 1 - R5: Hockenheimring - 16th April 2018 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Because we don’t use the ingame random but RSRs own wheel of weather (un)fortune ;)

AndrexUK

Community Member
Reaction score
Oh :( I thought that was the interesting part, the 'not knowing' = potential strategy options...

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I see but random is a bit too random sometimes :)

TheDoctor46

Community Member
Reaction score
Guys, I have to withdraw from this event because I don't feel very healthy. :hungover: Hopefully I can make it for this seasons final. Sorry @miagi once again :(

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I see but random is a bit too random sometimes :)
To expand on that, it's mostly to avoid the 'snow' weather, which is still possible outside of the traditional winter months (heck, we've had some snow in June in the UK before). We normally use a live streaming of our random-spinning-wheel-of-awesome-weather-randomness-generator-turbo-super-deluxe-ghia™ so that everybody knows there's no funny business going on (ie, no chance of anybody getting prior knowledge of what weather is coming).

EDIT : Get well soon @TheDoctor46 :)

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Well I have a new desk chair with funtioning backrest but... It hasn't been assembled yet and I am not so good with my hands that I can manage that in 25 minutes...

AndrexUK

Community Member
Reaction score
We normally use a live streaming of our random-spinning-wheel-of-awesome-weather-randomness-generator-turbo-super-deluxe-ghia™

I get that, and it does kinda make sense (was planning something similar for Endurance League next season), just wasn't aware :)
Still like the idea of not know which way to build the car, but getting snow would be rather nuts...

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Well I have a new desk chair with funtioning backrest but... It hasn't been assembled yet and I am not so good with my hands that I can manage that in 25 minutes...
NVM borrowed a chair!

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
This race finished too soon for me. Unluckily internet connection died and that was it for me :(
I'm sorry @Alex Salmon, I misunderstood your intentions. I'm really glad this misunderstanding didn't cause any casualties.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
We need more rain races.
It seems I'm only able to drive when it's wet :D

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
Usually, I'm not bad in rain. My setup was, ugh.
Quali 7th. After it started raining, I was 6th. Than I was spinning everywhere, Porsche was like: 15 mins to the end, after yet another spin, I went for slicks. That seemed like a plausible idea....Until I hit first few puddles, and wall:dead: What was positive, is there is a surface change in the middle of banana. 6th gear 230kph drifts are awesome :p

Last edited:

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Usually, I'm not bad in rain. My setup was, ugh.
Quali 7th. After it started raining, I was 6th. Than I was spinning everywhere, Porsche was like: 15 mins to the end, after yet another spin, I went for slicks. That seemd like a plausible idea....Until I hit first few puddles, and wall:dead: What was positive, is there is a surface change in the middle of banana. 6th gear 230kph drifts are awesome :p

Oh you were the one that was looking for a new entry line for the hairpin / playing in the dirt :D

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I thought to try out something risky. But my second pit about 18 minutes before the end was too early. The long straight was not drivable with full speed until the end. I should have tried that before ;)
But I loved the race - it could have been working :)
(I had one small accident, i hope nothing happened to the i think green corvette?)

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
Oh you were the one that was looking for a new entry line for the hairpin / playing in the dirt :D
I was playing in the dirt everywhere :D
No seriously, after ~fourth spin, I just wanted to stay away from everyone's way :)

Elodyr

Community Member
Reaction score
Definitely wasn't prepared enough for this race and getting the Hard's instead of the Softs for the race didn't help. Was struggling for Grip with them and caused an accident after the right kink in S2. Sorry to @AndrexUK and @Jamesl91 for compromising their race :/

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Had an epic race thanks to @fab. ICEMAN's unbelievable strategy. I was surprised to hold off @Alex Salmon and @Puffpirat for so long. Both of them managing to overtake me after catching in the later part of the race. In both moments I thought I would be able to brake later than both Puffy and Alex... something that clearly was never going to go well, causing a big lockup and running really wide :p:dead:

It was crazy being 5-8 seconds a lap quicker than nearly every car on the track for 8 or so laps while being on the softs.

Big congratutions to Iceman and thanks everyone in Split 1 and the RSR team for another great race.

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
This race finished too soon for me. Unluckily internet connection died and that was it for me :(
I'm sorry @Alex Salmon, I misunderstood your intentions. I'm really glad this misunderstanding didn't cause any casualties.
Not a worry mate, you just caught me by surprise and I had a bit of a brown pants moment, sorry to hear you had internet trouble, it’s an awful way to go out.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi,
sorry I couldn't be there. Have a lot of work atm. Didn't really sleep much yesterday and had a workday from 6:30 till 18:30 when I was home. Tried a power nap, but that didn't work out and I gave up to an early sleep. Today will be even longer 6:30 till 21:00 :X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread