Split 2 - R6: Spa - 3rd Jul 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
0/0 DF is not the right way to go about getting a quick lap around Spa. Sure, you'll have a lot of straight-line speed up the long straights but you will be punished, severely, through the twisty stuff as a result. Never mind what happens when the rain starts falling ;). That said, you all know me, I'm not exactly a setup wizard so, there might be some way of introducing more mechanical grip, to compensate for the lack of downforce. It's worth sacrificing a tenth or two up the first straight to gain 5 or 6x that amount through sector 2, just by running more downforce.

I don't know if any of you have run some race tests but the rain started to fall on lap 8 for me. Remember, when there are multiple weather conditions, there is always a 'transition' period so, although you might expect each weather slot to take up 11 laps (or thereabouts), you will find it starting to rain much earlier. You should also expect it to rain after those expected 11 laps are up too. In short, expect the rain to be falling for almost (if not exactly) half the race. It's a long old lap, around Spa and timing, for the switch to wets (and back again), could be the difference between winning and losing this race. That and managing the tyres in the wet phase.

Last edited:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Softer springs help compensate for lack of DF also giving it some rear rake on ride height helps the rear stick better having some camber on helps beetween -1.5 an -1.0 is were you want to be on the front and -0.5 ish on the rear..

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I want to see lots of streams tonight guys i still need my fix i can watch it and pretend im there lol...

SneakyPanda

Community Member
Reaction score
im thinking of sitting this one out as havent managed to get in any practice in and it being the last race of the season i dont want to ruin any ones chances.

im still looking to watch though guys so let me know if any ones streaming.

Good Luck everyone.

Psychotronic

Community Member
Reaction score
It might be a dumb question but am I right that the cest time is +2hours of utc?

Freak Superman

Community Member
Reaction score
@Jonno and @SneakyPanda if you like to watch my stream you are welcome too. My stream be over on mixer.com and just search for freaksuperman on there.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'll turn on the stream on Twitch .... hopefully the frames won't drop as quick as the rain will :D

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
im thinking of sitting this one out as havent managed to get in any practice in and it being the last race of the season i dont want to ruin any ones chances.

im still looking to watch though guys so let me know if any ones streaming.

Good Luck everyone.
Ahhh mate there is no pressure on anyone now get in and just have fun:D

Johnny Hvidt Hjetting

Community Member
Reaction score
sorry but i will not be able to join to night because i have a meeting in the morning
best og luck to you all

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
JOnno im gutted for you mate, I was looking forward to racing against you tonight. :-(

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That is it. Project Cars is going to be uninstalled after the 2.4Hrs of LeMans.
I had enough of the unrealistic physics / bugs in this sim causing issues and undrivable circumstances.
Congrats to those that drove today, I expected a great race at my home track. Clearly the sim had other ideas.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Please do not leave the teamspeak :O Please come all back for 5 minutes :)

Nevil

Community Member
Reaction score
Great race, great finale! I need a drink, a shower and some sleep :D See you all soon :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Nevil awesome battle at the end

How many P2P did you have when i catched up to you? I was using my last one when i passed you for the first time.
It was not really easy to defend without any boost power so i had to push like hell in the technical sections :D

Nevil

Community Member
Reaction score
I have some left. I used a couple in our fight. I realised I still had a chance for P2 and came so close... Great battle :D Thanks!

Topsie

Community Member
Reaction score
@Nevil awesome battle at the end

How many P2P did you have when i catched up to you? I was using my last one when i passed you for the first time.
It was not really easy to defend without any boost power so i had to push like hell in the technical sections :D
I retired early on, but came back later and watched you two racing. Great stuff!

Feanor

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry again for forcing you throuth the extra rain. Hope it wasn't too bad.:shy:

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Loved the extra bit of rain, I was catching steve at nearly 0.6s a lap.
Thanks Feanor, I'll protect you from those guys who put you on the hitlist :pompous:

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
This was a race where I expect nothing and finished 4th - great success. I didn't have neither time or will (because of last race gamechrash int the end) to do some serious practice, and I did some setup changes in sunday and monday. I was surprised how car is unstable in eau rouge and in the chichanes, especially in last chicane so I though that there is no way I can finish the race in the wet. But all went good, more than good.

I did not so good qualification (again sorry @SlowBloke for contact in first hot lap... I was much faster in the start of last straight than you so I asked you can I pass you and I though I heard "Go") but 6th place is OK.

In the race I build my confidence in car wit every new lap, and somehow survived rain and fog. I even had SLIDING (with big letters) 2 times after eau rouge and didn't crash :)

I entered in pit to take wet tires a bit late, one lap more than others, and maybe that payed off later.

In the and of rainy period, I didn't have any front tires so I thought I was driving on alloy wheels.

So bit by bit and I was 4th. In the very end, Ashnoom was cutting me off with one second per lap, but he vanished - I think he got in talk with Mark somewhere in a coffee shop along the way. He tried to explain that later in TS but Manu cut him off so I don't know how that ended. :D

Video is here

Seasone 3 here we come in PC2 :cool:

Cheers mates......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread