Alpha 3.4.0 has been released, yeaay But its not adding that much to the big 3.3.X patch(es), still nice to have more missions a small new district, some improvements
Don't forget its an alpha and there are some bugs around
Next big one is Q1 2019 (so around 30th of March 2019) with some great additions and some bigger changes
see the Roadmap: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen
Additionally for the singleplayer campaign they finally released a roadmap, with an expected release of 2020 (O M G)
It has 28 Chapters, so quite a lot with AI being the biggest worry atm as Chris Roberts wants movie like quality https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/2-Squadron-42 (on top you can switch between features and overview!)
This weekend, Alpha 3.5 will be opened for all backers YEAY
Here’s a look at Alpha 3.5’s huge new features:
• Playable Female Characters - at long last, Star Citizen adds playable female characters. Implementing playable females meant re-working nearly every interactable object in the game for use with an additional player model, from seating to carrying to shooting and piloting.
• ArcCorp - a sprawling urban planet covered by city space, ArcCorp features the new Area 18 Landing Zone, where players will find a neon lit cityscape teeming with life.
• New Flight Model - an all new in-game flight control system that applies to all ships in Star Citizen, incorporating a total overhaul to the entire flight experience and adds gravity to in-atmosphere planetary bodies. This New Flight Model is also applied to all AI controlled pilots in Star Citizen.
• CIG Character Customization Technology – An updated system for customizing your player character in the Persistent Universe, which includes new customization technology empowering players to select from up to three source heads and blend each of their various facial features into a fully customized character. This replaces Star Citizen’s previous 100-plus character permutations with a near-infinite pool of character customizations that is used for both player and NPC characters. All customizations are available for both male and the all-new female player character selections.
• FoIP + VoIP Improvements – New video streaming technology which allows players to participate in video comms calls no matter how far away they are in the Persistent Universe. Previously, as other players were “streamed out” from server clients, they would no longer be eligible as targets for a comms call. This update enables players to call anyone in the Star Citizen Persistent Universe through tech that evaluates your client and streams to the other party’s client as video data.
• New Environmental AI Bounty Hunting - AI bounty hunters will now attack players with bounties placed on their heads, and AI security forces will attack players with high crime stats.
• The MISC Reliant Series - with three new variants, including the Tana - a combal model, the Sen, designed for scientific research and the Mako, a “news van,” styled ship with multiple mounted cameras
• 300i rework – a newly re-worked and revitalized version of one of Star Citizen’s original ships, the 300i is Origin Jumpworks premiere luxury spacecraft that can hold its own across a multitude of situations like racing, dogfighting or just exploring the universe, in style.
• Anvil Hornet Heartseeker - a new Hornet variant with top of the line military spec components
• RSI Ursa Rover - a four wheeled Rover, this special commemorative edition was in celebration of “Stella Fortuna,” Star Citizen’s in-universe version of St. Patrick’s Day.
• Two new ship weapons including the Banu Singe Tachyon cannon and the Gallenson Tactical Systems' GT-870 Tarantula series of ballistic cannons
• Two new FPS weapons including the Gemini's S71 assault rifle and the Kastak Arms' Coda ballistic pistol
• Projectile Manager - new tech that re-tools how the game handles fired projectiles, dramatically reducing CPU workload and improving performance during Star Citizen’s hectic air and land battles
• Star Marine Improvements - introduction of a new Elimination mode map, Demien Comms, and a re-worked Echo-11 map, with new layout and traversal options. In the Last Stand game mode, a new Control Point Mechanic has been added which adds and improves gameplay and adds readability.
• Arena Commander Improvements - improved UI updates that better communicate kills, deaths and scoring to the player.
If you really wanna play the game, wait for the full release, which is at least 2 years out, until then it is somewhat a work in progress, which you can see the progress and somewhat have fun, but there are a lot of bugs, unfinished mechanics or straight out a lot of missing features.
I mean you can visit the newly available planet, in 4K it is GEORGEOUS, but there is no new gameplay stuff, yes there is a new quest giver, but thats that.