Project CARS 2 Throwback Thursday (1 Viewer)

Throwback Thursday
Posted by m4nu
Project CARS 2
Thursday, October 4, 2018 - 18:30
Until: Thursday, October 4, 2018 - 23:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Jussi_SMS

Community Member
Reaction score
Ah, didn't notice there wasn't a setup change limitation. Should probably try it out for a lap or two rather than just practice in the qualifying like I usually do. =)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ah, didn't notice there wasn't a setup change limitation. Should probably try it out for a lap or two rather than just practice in the qualifying like I usually do. =)
Loose default should be ok, but with your knowledge of both the game and setups, 5 minutes and a setup will be done?! :D

Gosku

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Name: Gosku
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? Yes

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
first race best fight ever with @Nakor thank you!!!
fair and strong with room for living!

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
Great first race chaps. Sorry I couldn’t stop for the second but that was very enjoyable for me having been away for a while. Can’t wait for the next one. Cheers all.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I am very sorry guys but had to retire. My son got scared of something in his sleep and jumped onto me while I was driving so I couldn't continue. I came back just to see that you started formation lap for race 2. :(

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
well, that was a quick race two, no words.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Well, that was interesting. My professional regime of 2 hours practice the night before and arriving home from work 20mins before qualifying starts is a model for all to follow! (I did not receive this wisdom from Driving on the Edge).

Race 1 was nerve wracking - I had no trust in the stability of the car, but I was sticking religiously to my goal for the night of "slow is smooth, smooth is still on track". This didn't do to badly and there was some nice pressured racing among @Ashnoom @Nada etc. Sadly a silly spin by me on T3 lost me 5 seconds and a place, but given how my testing went yesterday, 1 spin is a good result! 9th place and totally accidentally on the front row for race 2.

Race 2 started with disaster. I'd not had any time to check conditions and this turned out to be a dusk rate, meaning my settings were way too high. I had immediate VR desync between the lenses. I'm sure anyone who's pushed their VR rig to see where it breaks knows what I'm talking about. The summary of this was any time I rotated my head I would see double images and a frame rate of about 30 fps :(. Still, again focusing on slow is smooth and eyes on the apexes/exits made it mostly manageable. A wild @SBart_uk came flying up my inside on T1 at some point, spooking me into a spin. This turned out to be not the worst thing, because it allowed me to get into a very enjoyable dogfight with @kobusnell and we exchanged places a couple of times before I think rather luckily got the better of backmarkers and pulled out the vital half second gap and breathing space to not defend on corners. Great fun racing you mate. @SBart_uk teased me by having a little spin in 5th ahead of me, while not quite allowing me to catch and pass. Maybe next time for the apprentice ;). Pretty happy with 6th. Reverse grids don't half make things interesting.

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
well...two very interesting races, and positive results for me on both, specially on race 2.

For some reason i found the car WAAAAYYYY easier to control (and therefore faster) with a full tank. Apart from quali lap, i did my fastest laps of the evening on the first 5 laps of race 2. The car felt so smooth and easy to control, not the usual all-over-the-place HMS Titanic handling that i dislike.

Anyway, quali was good actually. Did one proper lap and that got me P7, i wasn't expecting anything under P10.

Race 1 was pretty fun, some good melee specially with @Ashnoom and @Nada battling for P6. On a lapse of concentration i spinned on the 2nd hairpin. Ended up in P8. Last few laps were terrible...I hate this car, did i already mention that?

Race 2, started at P3 had a good start and jumped to P2, fenced attacks as best as i could from the top guys but ended up staying as an interested spectator against @ProjectPD @SBart_uk and @Feanor . I was slower, no doubt but since they were battling hard between them, i was able to keep myself always on striking distance should they blunder or have a collision, which happened some times and i was able to float around P3 / P5. In the end, i managed to do P4, which was an awesome result!

I will be on vacation next week abroad, and when returning, my internet will FINALLY and HOPEFULLY be installed :D

Last edited:

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
I'll leave this just here:

(No clue about low framerate)

My own mistake was at 01:00, the rest is history after that.

Race one was way more fun:

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This turned out to be not the worst thing, because it allowed me to get into a very enjoyable dogfight with @kobusnell and we exchanged places a couple of times before I think rather luckily got the better of backmarkers and pulled out the vital half second gap and breathing space to not defend on corners. Great fun racing you mate.

This was great fun. So cool being able to plan corners and alternate lines and not being hampered by dirt air etc. I enjoyed that immensely. Unfortunately when you pulled bit of a gap on the last couple of laps I just couldn't close it again. Made a mistake on the exit of the last corner, when we were lapping a car.

The car in the first race felt like a glacier. I think other's mentioned it, but it was my first time driving on the softs and I had understeer galore. For the second race I quickly made major changes to the diff and roll bars, and suddenly had a much better car. Easier to spin, but so much easier to not just understeer into oblivion.

Was fun racing. Saw a couple of big incidents, which was unfortunate, but overall I think it was a fun night. Thanks again admins and all. :)

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Some of my worst races ever.. did some online simulation practice on Wednesday, and only did setup for 2nd race. Coming home from work I noticed that someone..not mentioning any names here.... moved the position of my fancy SIM-racing folding camping chair. Tried to get the correct driving position back....but to no avail......in my frustration to get a better driving position during race 1....my wheel came loose.
Race 1 fighting the unpredictable oversteer all the time... no pace at all....not comfy in my car/chair....tyre pressures completely wrong. Race 2 the tyres were much, much better, got my chair and wheel back in the correct position...but it took too much time to get in my flow....so in the end I only enjoyed the last 20 minutes or so...and finally got under 1:40....
This was my 4th time ever on this track, my track-memory is getting better...but I'm still learning the track and swap to a better more smooth racing line while racing. I definitely need more hours on track before race start.....and (re-)read some books.

In case someone complains about your hobby and asks you 'Why don't you read a book?' :wideyed:

20181005_091512.jpg

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Got dc'ed after quali and joined as spectator for race 1, race 2 i started from bottom and i was gaining several positions but some1 (ashnoom?) flipped right in front of me and couldn't avoid him because i had other cars on both sides, got a significant aero damage losing more than 10 kph as top speed and then engine slowly started damaging too, entered pit for scheduled stop but i noticed i forgot to set strategy and got unnecessary refueling instead of tyre change... :mad:

Nada

Community Member
Reaction score
After i forgot the DRS with the Renault 3.5, yesterday the mandatory pit stop in race 2.
What will be my next bullshit?

Last edited:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
After i forgot the DRS with the Renault 3.5, yesterday the mandatory pit stop in race 2.
What next?
There was no mandatory stop in race 2. This was even covered I think in briefing or just before race

Users who are viewing this thread