rFactor 2 VEC - Season 10 (1 Viewer)

B

Blue Monkey

So when do you guys have some time for practice all together? @t0daY @MelBonkers
Requirements: All necessary stuff downloaded

Monday 14th of August 18:00 UTC
Tuesday 15th of August 18:00 - 20:00 UTC
Wednesday 16th of August 18:00 UTC

Please tell me which one you can attend!

Last edited by a moderator:

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So when do you guys have some time for practice all together? @t0daY @MelBonkers
Requirements: All necessary stuff downloaded

Monday 14th of August 18:00 UTC
Tuesday 15th of August 18:00 - 20:00 UTC
Wednesday 16th of August 18:00 UTC

Please tell me which one you can attend!

Definitely Tuesday. I will try to be online this evening (Monday 14th August). Can't make Wednesday for sure.

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Blue Monkey , as I told on Teamspeak sorry that I had to leave early. There was a small matter with my son that I had to resolve. Nothing bad .

I was running the setup with less downforce (3-15) and I think with that setup I was getting into the 1m27s high. I will try to do some more testing later this week. I want to try and do a pitstop with changing drivers as I never did that before.

I will be on holiday from Monday August 21st to Saturday September 2nd.

Will be online in the week before the race as well.

B

Blue Monkey

@Blue Monkey , as I told on Teamspeak sorry that I had to leave early. There was a small matter with my son that I had to resolve. Nothing bad .

I was running the setup with less downforce (3-15) and I think with that setup I was getting into the 1m27s high. I will try to do some more testing later this week. I want to try and do a pitstop with changing drivers as I never did that before.

I will be on holiday from Monday August 21st to Saturday September 2nd.

Will be online in the week before the race as well.
When do you want to practice?

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Quick question about the URD mods, should i copy the files in their folders into the game folder, or just the files withouth folders?
i was copying them in their folders but i can't see the cars in SP car selection

B

Blue Monkey

Quick question about the URD mods, should i copy the files in their folders into the game folder, or just the files withouth folders?
i was copying them in their folders but i can't see the cars in SP car selection
Don't copy them at all normally - there will be a workshop file for VLMS

But I know you wanna test the cars so: Put it under "...\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Packages" - then start up the launcher and it should automatically install it
There should be only rfcmp & rfmod files in that folder.

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
When do you want to practice?

Jan,

I only have time on Thursday 17-8-2017. I can be online from 21:00 to about 22:30. If we can't make it then, then we need to practise in the week before the race of September 9th. I'm back on September 2nd from my holiday.

B

Blue Monkey

Determined stints:
  • Qualifying: Jan
  • Race 1: Jan | Race 2: Mo | Race 3: Jan | Race 4 & 5: Mo - fullfilling the mandatory 3 driver swap rule
  • Race tire: Mediums (double stint hards, you lose more time)
Stint Calculations:
Fuel target: 47min
Pitstop: 1min 40sec

To be done:

• Fix the front tire wear
  • Finalize the setup, incl. wet testing
  • Practice ^^

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Blue Monkey I will be online this evening from 21:30 for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. If you're online we can discuss the above points. I did a full fuel run yesterday and recorded it as well.

B

Blue Monkey

Had an awesome race with @MelBonkers together. What a joy to drive and fun, especially getting the strategy to perfection! We always pitted with <1 liter of fuel and just made the whole race in a 4 stop, where all other LM-P2s were unable to do so.
At one point It was very close as we didn't know the exact amount in @MelBonkers car and we stretched out the fuel 1 more lap.

P2 is a very good result, we did a very clean race, only ran wide & offtrack 3x and 2 very small contacts and avoided some very hairy situations. This was so great, looking so much forward to 1000 km of Indianapolis!

Here the full race - sry for the sound:

B

Blue Monkey

@Blue Monkey @MelBonkers @t0daY @FlyingKman

They updated the rules for VEC:
Real time racing
- We will start a new season with adopting to real life times, which means whatever time it is on race track - that is what time we will see in game. Including Suzuka and Fuji, which means race time in game will be 3am-9am
This does also mean practice and Q will be set accordingly. However a bit more work with this, so please be aware that servers are right now not 100% set.
Also DST vs no DST might play a factor - however in each race thread we will, as always, post the ingame race time.

B

Blue Monkey

Sadly we didn't get moved up the division 2 :(
LMP1 changes:
#4 Musto is moved up from D2 to D1
#5 FEEDER Ragnar has been moved from D1 down to D2, the behaviour of drivers were not up to the standard of the rest of D1 LMP1 teams on top of that the team failed to follow the rules regarding drivers and actually also shared the password to server and teamspeak
#16 FEEDER Ragnar has been moved from D2 down to D3, the pace was not there - and as above a driver was in this car without having access.
#5 Deltec Racing Team has been moved down from D2 to D3, pace and constency was not there.
#103 and #105 Flag to Flag Racing has both been moved from D3 to D2, pace was good and they showed mature in traffic.

LMP2 changes:
#36 Scuderia was way off pace and matches midfield in D3, which means they are moved down to D3
#135 Real Championship 1 moves up, should suit the field in D2 very well.

LMGT changes:
#82 Black Hawk Racing had quicker laptimes and is moved up to D1
#75 GHM unfortuantly didnt have the pace and is moved down to D2
#87 Raijin Racing is moved up to D2 from an impressive drive in D3
#89 SimRacing for Poland is moved up from D3 to D2
#52 GNS Endurance failed to be consistent, and is moved down to D3
#97 TeamRGPL was very much of pace over the distance of 4 hours and is moved down to D3

*Any team can at any given time be moved to any divisions we see fit, there is a few teams i´d like to recommend to be more careful - however it goes right from champions of last season to new teams. Please make sure you up your game just 10% from the PreQ race

B

Blue Monkey

@Blue Monkey @t0daY @MelBonkers

So practice scheduled for next week like this:
  • Tuesday 26th September 2017
  • Wednesday 27th September 2017
I'm also open for practice / setup on Monday & Friday & Sunday.
It really would be nice if someone helps me with the setup, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease :stig:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Not sure yet when I can. Will let you know

B

Blue Monkey

@FlyingKman How is your status of joining us? :D really would like to have you with us for that one :)

Important info:
1. If you have had any screen freezes: make sure you change an option in your controller.json called "Use Thread" and set it from "false" to "true"

B

Blue Monkey

@MelBonkers
I rather would see that the fastest of us gets into the low 22s (<1:22.5) ... then I would be happy. But we shouldn't be trying it at every cost. But like 1 more session as in today. Otherwise I'm really happy with you guys :) We are all within 0.7 sec :)
@t0daY I'm confident you get faster, you are ill, so get healthy again first before judging your own pace :)

Next things to do:
  • Check for tirewear over a stint
  • Finalize the setup, is everyone able to drive it without crashing, over a whole stint?
  • Practice night
  • Practice pitentry (most of you done it already)
  • Check the rules, they changed some stuff since PreQ
  • Final check on the weather, atm it looks like dry race ... will keep this for our last practice, if then it says rain possible, we go onto wet server
Important again: If you crash in the race you can have up to 25 min of repair, so rather drive safe than sorry.

B

Blue Monkey

@t0daY @MelBonkers Please be here for at least 2 dates

Practice dates for this week
  • Tuesday, 03rd October, 18:00 - 20:00 UTC (if you wish also earlier)
  • Wednesday, 04th October, 18:00 - 22:00 UTC (if you wish also earlier)
  • Friday, 06th October, 18:00 - 24:00 UTC (this one is not mandatory, but I would appreciate it, if you would find time to do here 1 practice stint)
What we have to do in these practice sessions:
  • Finalizing the setup - we are 1 sec off pace from the fastest guys, can we fix that?
  • Check for tirewear over a stint, if the softs are surviving
  • Simulate 1 full stint (Friday?) incl. practicing pitentry ... so what we will do is drive out the pits, then drive back to the pits to do a pitstop and then your test stint starts and ends with doing another pitstop :)
  • Practice night and rain - I would say 10 laps each, if you don't encounter any problems, otherwise more$
Don't worry guys It will be still mostly about fun :) so priority is clean and consistent

Users who are viewing this thread