VR IS A THING! (1 Viewer)

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
IMG_3405.JPG
Just got hold of this the try for a few weeks! I feel the need, the need for.......... cluck! Might need a little help setting this up. :D

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@ramiboo Weren't you supposed to be doing a IMSA race later? Still waiting for you lol.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@ramiboo Tomorrow IMSA don't forget lol.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Lol pretty hard to have fun when the boss is around :p

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Well, finally took the rift off, OMG that was amazing! I'm still finding time but I'm pretty hooked. Those walls at Bathurst are super close! I think I'm going to use it for the race on Sunday. :D

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Soon we'll all be in virtual reality cars :D

Only problem is you will have to find money to buy yourself one when you turn back that one :D

Last edited:

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
VR is amazing, I was able to try it out this week at a friends place and the immersion is mindblowing.
Just a shame that the visual quality isn't that great compared to triple monitor setups.

But that just doesn't make it less cool

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hic!

I might have been a little drunk last night, my apologies to all those in the room at the time :D

Anyhoo, yeah, managed to get Ramiboo up and running and it did sound like he was having a lot of fun in his first proper Rift session. As I said (possibly a few too many times :D), there really is no describing that first moment when you arrive in the cockpit (or cockseat as I think I called it last night :D - a rather unfortunate mix of cockpit and hotseat) and feel "there". It's a wonderful moment and it's one that doesn't really change with time - I've had my Rift for more than 2½ years now and I would still not trade it in for anything other than a better VR headset.

For those coming from a single screen, with a default FOV in pCARS, the thing that will strike you is the elevation changes. Bathurst, for example, becomes a much more terrifying prospect when you plunge down through the mountain onto Conrod Straight.

I'm a massive fan of VR and I cannot hide that. As I said last night, Bill Gates had a vision of a PC in every home. I have a vision of a VR headset in every sim-racer's home :)

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help buddy. I realised this morning that the DK2 I've borrowed has the B lenses in it. That's probably why I was finding it quit burry looking into the distance. I've asked if they can dig out the A lenses for my 20/20 eyes!! :D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
VR is a thing... Mine arrived today, damn. It brings pCars to a complete different level. Tomorrow I will do some testing with iRacing and AC. Sadly I almost can't run pCars2 with my setup :(

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
There's something not right with pc2 and VR currently. It should run about as good as pc1. Bad timing :p

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
pCARS2 and Rift works fine for me :) . There was a hiccup with a few builds a week or so ago (part of the implementation of other, much needed, stuff) but has been working since.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
VR is a thing... Mine arrived today, damn. It brings pCars to a complete different level. Tomorrow I will do some testing with iRacing and AC. Sadly I almost can't run pCars2 with my setup :(

Congrats Manu :)

I think it is because of CPU. You have GPU almost same as mine (980ti = 1070) by performance, and I had stuttering in CPU demanding games like BF1. P cars is also CPU demanding so ........ Buy new şystem :p

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
pCARS2 and Rift works fine for me :) . There was a hiccup with a few builds a week or so ago (part of the implementation of other, much needed, stuff) but has been working since.
Yes it's working but I don't feel it does as two weeks ago, but that's something for a different forum ;)

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Blimey I have to concentrate on work for a bit and then everyone is in on it :)

Congrats new rifters - hope you have lots of fun! I dont htink there is anything as exciting as the first time - mind blowing stuff alas Im used to it now but it still makes me smile despite the low resolution etc..

You scared me with the comment on PC2 VR performance Manu as Ive also got a 980ti.

We shall see how PC2 goes but my expectation it should run about the same if not a bit better with a more thought out approach to menu navigation / textures popping in and out etc... Well heres hoping anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread