Project CARS 2 What did I wrong? (1 Viewer)

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me from this video what I did wrong?
I think the problem began with a bump and lift of the rear left tyre, but then I did turn the wheel fast to right to catch it. What should I have done?
Many thanks :)

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm going to have a stab in the dark here, perhaps others can say whether my assumption is right or not, but at 22 seconds in, as you're turning in, you're in 4th gear - four seconds later, at 26 seconds in, you're in 2nd. That means during that small window, you downshifted twice mid-corner, which typically in any car causes an upset. Shifting down two gears in what would have been a fraction of a second in real-time, that is my guess as to why you've spun. The downshifts should have been more spaced out and not so rapid.

Perhaps someone can tell me if I'm right or wrong on this one but that's what it looks like to me. @Nakor

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I think you can be right. Shifting too early in second was perhaps what caused the rear to slide. Even I dont see a locking up, it could be enough to spin.
And my reaction to catch it must be too slow or too late, else my car wouldn‘t point in this direction.

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
I think @Stitch is heading in the right direction. Downshifting two gears quickly mid-corner (especially on an off-camber, downhill corner where the rear is quite light) is most likely the culprit and will lock up the rear. Combine that with possible overheating tyres and perhaps too much entry speed (I take that corner by braking straight first and downshifting to third before I turn in later to get on the power earlier) then it's more than likely that's what happened.

Here's an example of how I take this corner:

Users who are viewing this thread