iRacing Winter VLN 20/21 - S4 - Sign Up & Interest Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iRacing

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Hello @RSR Academy, @Team RSR

Winter-VLN returns for its 4th season looking to be bigger and better than ever before! For the first time, all rounds of the championship will be broadcast exclusivley live on RaceSpot TV, and pre-qualifying will be in place to produce what we hope will be the strongest ever grid in Winter-VLN history!

Schedule
With an increasing number of endurance series for teams to pick from, we have committed to a 4 race schedule for this upcoming season. It will begin once the iRacing NEC series completes at the end of its season and wrap up at the start of February with the showcase 6 hour event hosting this season's finale!

Pre-Qualifying: November 14th/15th
Round 1: November 28th
Round 2: December 19th
Round 3: January 9th
Round 4: February 13th (6 hours)

Cars & Classes
After much reflection on participation over the previous 3 seasons and using the results of our post-season survey earlier this year, we have made the difficult decision to drop the SP3 (MX-5) class from the series. This still leaves 4 classes of racing, with potentially 15 cars per class being able to compete in each race.

SP9 - Mercedes AMG GT3 / Audi R8 GT3 / BMW Z4 GT3
SP7 - Porsche 911 GT3 Cup
SP10 - BMW M4 GT4 / Porsche 718 Cayman GT4
TCR - Audi RS3 TCR LMS

Regulations
Please make sure you and your team have read through and understand the rules before signing up for the series. For any questions, our discord will be the easiest place to get answers or clarifications to your concerns. One of the most unique things about Winter-VLN is our qualifying and race start procedures. Please make sure you understand the rules around this as well before signing up.

Regulations: https://www.wintervln.com/regulations

Entry Fee
This season, all confirmed full-time teams must pay an $10 entry fee after they are confirmed - either through an invite or after going through pre-qualifying. Reserve teams that race on a race-by-race basis do not have to pay any entry fee unless they are promoted to a full time entry.

Registration
Registration will open on Saturday 24th of October at 16:00 GMT. With pre-qualifying, sign ups are no longer first come first served however we encourage all teams to sign up as soon as possible to secure their preferred team number! The sign up form will go live on the league website at the time list - we will make the official announcement on both our official discord and the forums once it is available! The updated league website now finally exposes our discord management to Team Managers, being able to assign team members to automatically get server roles.

Current Entry List: https://www.wintervln.com/teams | Registration will be done by @Raigore & @t0daY

Registered Teams
RevolutionSimRacing BlueBMW Z4 GT3@C. Tscharf @Selly
RevolutionSimRacing PurpleAudi RS3 TCR LMS@Raigore @t0daY
RevolutionSimRacing RedAudi RS3 TCR LMS@Darksi @Ben Watkinson @Nismo
RevolutionSimRacing YellowBMW Z4 GT3@CatchAGlimpse @Jeff[NL]

Interested Drivers
@Doomday

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
What's the required license? C?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Im actually up for doing this.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
I'd love to take the Cayman around here, but unfortunately the timing of these races just doesn't fit for me :(

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'd love to take the Cayman around here, but unfortunately the timing of these races just doesn't fit for me :(
Can't do any races or just 1-2?

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Im up for this but currently 80% comitted to all the races

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
That he will probably race with a chance of 20% ;)
wrong ;) I'll make 2 or 3 races but not sure on which weekends as of yet

Last edited:

Doomday

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I'd be up to do this with the Porsche Cup car if anyone would be interested to do it with me.

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
As already confirmed with @t0daY - the dangerous duo of myself and @Jeff[NL] are in for this for the GT3 class.

Guessing Z4 will be the fastest car roughly?

C. Tscharf

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ran first practice last night, and getting head around the track a bit, going to be on tonight to improve and get time a bit more competitive.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I’d possibly be interested in doing this, although I don’t think I’d be ready for 4 hours of the Nordschleife this weekend. If people are practicing I’d be interested in joining maybe with a view to picking up a reserve slot mid season if someone’s keen and there’s space.

Is the M4 GT4 any good to drive? I remember the 911 being a bit of a handful, but maybe it’s been improved and I’ve already bought the Cayman when it was the first GT4 but didn’t enjoy driving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread