12 Hours of Sebring - 11th March - Start: 13:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
20170311105516_1.jpg

Welcome back! - Round 2 iRacing Endurance Series 2017

Greetings all! The second iRacing endurance race for 2017 is upon us, the 12 Hours of Sebring! This storied race will be held today with RSR attending in force with our largest number of car entrants to date. A massive 5 cars and 10 of our bravest drivers will be pushed to the limit as they take on the mammoth task of a grueling real-time 12hr race.

The race will be streamed from multiple perspectives so you don't miss a second of the action. Our built-in multiview plugin gives you the possibility to watch all streams at the same time!

Tune in to see familiar iRacing endurance veterans including @falcon2081 who will finally start his first endurance race of the year after being away for an entire year! We also have @OBigO joining us for the first time as well. Let's cheer these guy's on as they are giving it their all and representing RSR in an awesome way.

A very special thank you to @Yorkie_065, @Dutchtastic for creating the livery for this event! We are very thankful for your hard work, thank you a thousand times!

Audi R8 LMS GT3 [#64] - @t0daY & @falcon2081
Audi R8 LMS GT3 [#65] - @Yorkie_065 & @Puffpirat
Mercedes AMG GT3 [#66] - @Bassetts & @2scoops
Audi R8 LMS GT3 [#67] - @Alex du Plessis & @Corbs
Audi R8 LMS GT3 [#68] - @Mr Beas & @OBigO

t0daY (Manuel Dürr): "Back to endurance racing baby! Very excited for the 12 hours of Sebring. I love the flow of the track, just awesome to drive around here. Last year I could manage to get a 3rd place together with Puffpirat. This year I am very happy to team up for the very first time with falcon after his 1-year deployement. Another podium would be sweet for both of us, but we will see. Maximum attack!"

falcon2081 (Jay Vigo): "Can't believe it's been a year without racing! I'm definitely ready to shake off those cow-webs and get back to racing. It will be interesting to see how well I fair after so much time off. I am still getting used to a couple of things that I have changed driving wise and the car is very well set up. Sebring is an awesome track and I am so happy that I finally get to run it with the RSR guy's. Personal expectations aren't very high but we are definitely going to fight as best as we can. I hope you guy's enjoy the show and thanks for supporting us!"

Yorkie_065 (Matt York): "Ahh Sebring! My first endurance race on iRacing was here with RSR one year ago and it was one to learn a lot from. The main point taken away from the race is survival! Whilst our pace is looking good, and me and puffi could potentially be on for a nice result if things go our way, we're going to have to first finish. With 59 other cars on track, it is going to be a tough task to overcome but we're both up to the challenge and looking forward to the race. Here is hoping that RSR can get another great result in the Endurance calendar."

Puffpirat (Christian Steinhäusser): "Sebring will be the first race I'll do together with Yorkie. Let's see where this new combo takes us, it looks promising with Yorkie strong as ever and me slowly getting to grips. The preparations went good and we're exited for the main event!"
upload_2017-3-11_9-50-8.png

Bassetts (David Berry):
"How the time flies, it seems like only yesterday that we were running through the night in the Daytona 24, For Sebring i'm re-united with my fellow veteran @2scoops and following a solid first endurance race at Daytona I'm hoping we can draw on our experience and bring it home with another solid finish for RSR."

2scoops (Anthony Beck): "Having completed my first iRacing endurance event with the Daytona 24 Hour, i'm thirsty for more. The Sebring 12 Hour, I love the track and have only been driving it for just over a week now. The Blancpain Sprint Series is their this week, so great race prep. I'm teaming up again with @Bassetts, we drove together at Daytona and worked together very well. It's now time to fine tune the setup and get those race juices flowing."
Oki (Alex du Plessis): "So the Rookie team signed up for the 12HR of Sebring minus the hilarious Kman, any ways that does not bother Corbs and myself, had such a blast in the 24HRS of Daytona and I am also hoping to cross the line with no major incidents (yeah right). Been practicing for a week now and had Falcon look at me to help me out (thanks Buddy). So now let us hope I can get a second or more from what he told me to look out for. Looking so forward to racing this event and I wish the best of luck to all the Teams RSR have entered into the Event. Would love to see the Cluckster take part in one of these events (wishful thinking??). Just wish the preparation for this race was as easy as it was with Daytona, I am far more anxious and nervous about this event than the 24hrs of Daytona, don't know why but it just is."

Corbs (Andrew Langham): "Enjoying teaming up again with Alex. We had a good run in Daytona and it was a lot of fun as well as a nice experience. Looking too survive and grab a great result for RSR here at Sebring!"
Mr.Beas (Luke Beasor): "Great to be running here with the RSR folks again. We had some great practice leading up to the event and it was great seeing falcon2081 behind the wheel again. Its going to be interesting how the new tires will play out during the race but I look forward to the challenge!"

OBigO (Olly Blundell): "I am hoping I am in Team5 with Mr. Beas! I have never done an endurance race before and until this week I had never done a lap around Sebring. Most of my sim racing career has been in openwheelers and my only real GT3 race was the crossover event at Spa. That was however probably one of my most memorable races and was a really great experience.

I have enjoyed practicing at Sebring this week, I am a bit off the pace but all my focus will be on getting the car to the finish in one piece! I haven't spoken to my teammate yet so you could say we are a bit under-prepared however come raceday I am sure everything will fall in to place!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Goodluck to everyone participating! It's not the easiest track, but you all have 6 hours each to learn the details of it ;) Like all those practice hours were not enough already.
It's been a pleasure being able to contribute in a way!

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
RSR conquer the world :D

good luck!

Elmo

SMS Developer
Community Member
Reaction score
Congrats to @t0daY @falcon2081 mega job!

Had the Stream running almost non-stop in the background. Only missed the last two hours or so. Rewatched the last few minutes over breakfast today.

Did somebody mention Nürburgring 24h next? :D

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Congratulation guys on great success.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yep, @falcon2081 is definitely back! What a way to blow off the cobwebs. Brilliant drive from him and @t0daY to get RSR 2 wins from 2 races in 2017. A strong drive too from @2scoops and @Bassetts finishing in P7, pushing their way up the field after starting P27. It was great dropping into both streams throughout the day to see both cars doing so well. Some bad luck for the other cars unfortunately, but it happens. As a team, we can all be proud. Mega job everyone! :D

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Eyes not fully open yet? Shoulders and arms feel a bit heavy? Foot still pressing down on the floor like it's a pedal? Add the feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment and you got the complete package. Almost 24 hours ago you all turned on your PCs, grabbed your wheel and pedals and sat down to compete in the iRacing 12 Hours of Sebring.
From the early start of organising the event, to the last lap on the track, I've only seen dedicated drivers who were given their all. Thank you all for an epic event! Dispite the fact I wasn't driving, I'm happy I was able to contribute in a small way :artist:

First of all congratulations to @t0daY & @falcon2081 who finished first in split 4. It's been quite the race for them with a close battle for the lead in the first part of the race. With the years of experience andwell planned strategy they managed to take and keep hold of the lead to the checkered flag and 340 laps around Sebring.

After that come my teammembers @Bassetts & @2scoops who've battled their way from P27 to an amazing P7! Pure pace and consistancy was shown throughout their 12 hours. Even during the nailbiting content that was going on with backmarkers in the later stages of the race they managed to keep their cool and bring home the car.

Next up @Mr Beas & @OBigO, I've not seen a lot since there was so much going on. I know you guys didn't have the easiest race with rear damage. Last update I had was you in position 15 of the GT3 field, which is an excellent achievement with the harsh competition out there!

The Ninjas @Corbs & @Alex du Plessis I've not seen anything! But from the Daytona experience I'm sure you had a blast during the race. Looking forward to reading the race report ;)

Unfortunatly @Yorkie_065 & @Puffpirat were hit by technical issues (iRacing team issues I believe). That didn't stop them from starting the race and hoping it would solve in time. Unfortunatly it didn't, but a big thumbs up for starting and helping out the others with their race!

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
#justSplit4things #whothefuckisrobertkubica?

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Well done all who took part :)

Btw Manu - you had a potty mouth at the end there :p

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wow, seriously well driven guys :).

Watched Manu's, then Falcon's streams until about 5.30pm last night then had to go out. Just checked with Manu and saw that you won. Outstanding, truly outstanding :).

The driving from some of the other competitors was shocking though. Does 'blue flag' not mean anything? The guy in the yellow Audi, that held Manu up, was just awful. Absolutely no regard for people behind, especially given that they were leading the damn race at the time. I lost count of the number of times I swore at my monitor because of that guy, and I was just spectating :D

Corbs

Community Member
Reaction score
So what happened to car 67, well i started the car in p3, after p2 didn't grid, and managed to jump up into p2 into the first corner. I then had 3 & 4 right on my rear for the next few laps when coming on to the back straight on lap 3 this happened.

This left us with 30 minutes of repairs putting as about 14 laps down. i continued after the repairs and then started havong connection issues where my laps wernt being counted so we swapped and oki got in the car. mid way through oki's first stint we lost the rear going into turn 1 and hit the wall which then required another 20 mins and repairs and left us 30 laps down and in 52nd place. We then fought back through the field to finish in 23rd place of 32 finishers

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Man, that tap looked so innocuous at first but then .... woah, that was nasty :(

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Wow, seriously well driven guys :).

Watched Manu's, then Falcon's streams until about 5.30pm last night then had to go out. Just checked with Manu and saw that you won. Outstanding, truly outstanding :).

The driving from some of the other competitors was shocking though. Does 'blue flag' not mean anything? The guy in the yellow Audi, that held Manu up, was just awful. Absolutely no regard for people behind, especially given that they were leading the damn race at the time. I lost count of the number of times I swore at my monitor because of that guy, and I was just spectating :D

You should have seen the back marker behaviour in our race then :banghead:

So what happened to car 67, well i started the car in p3, after p2 didn't grid, and managed to jump up into p2 into the first corner. I then had 3 & 4 right on my rear for the next few laps when coming on to the back straight on lap 3 this happened.

This left us with 30 minutes of repairs putting as about 14 laps down. i continued after the repairs and then started havong connection issues where my laps wernt being counted so we swapped and oki got in the car. mid way through oki's first stint we lost the rear going into turn 1 and hit the wall which then required another 2 mins and repairs and left us 30 laps down and in 52nd place. We then fought back through the field to finish in 23rd place of 32 finishers

What was he thinking? As for the ones that hit you, do people drive without looking what's going on ahead now.

We got taken out twice by back markers who thought it a good idea to race us as we were trying to lap them.

Users who are viewing this thread