Project CARS 2 12th Aug 2018 - Dutchstop (1 Viewer)

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Here you have a view from the back of the grid!
Any tips/comments are welcome.

Edit: Couldn't get any footage from the side of the track, cuz replay didn't work.

Last edited:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Here you have a view from the back of the grid!
Any tips/comments are welcome.

I have a tip lol.. Dont drive in a arcade view lol.

Henri

Community Member
Reaction score
And apologies to @Henri, that was a bit rude from my side. It was on me to find a safe way around you. Could have also announced on TS that I'm about to lap you.

No need to apologise - I saw you coming; first couple of corners I was 'fast enough', but then the corner where you really caught up with me the speed difference was way more - I should have anticipated that and (like you said) made my move a little earlier. I did not perceive you as rude - no worries

(I should have begged @steveg200 for a BMW setup - the Honda was the wrong choice and respect for @Nighttiger , but to put your awesome guide into action (and come up with a faster setup) does still require a tutor/mentor for fools like me)

11 minutes before the end I got disconnected from the server, but up to then it was great fun - i'll do better next time

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I am trying to find the dislike rating :p....I like this view more, because I can see more to my sides.
sorry :)
Lol camera view has been and allways will be a big argument in the sim racing community lol.. Its just not sim racing if your sat on the roof lol.

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Lol camera view has been and allways will be a big argument in the sim racing community lol.. Its just not sim racing if your sat on the roof lol.
Are you sure about that?

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Should check out the iRacing forums if you can access it talking about LMP1 camera's being adjusted from behind the wheel to the middle of the dash. Gosh, that was fun to read

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i have a strong opinated opinion that everyone should try to drive from a driver's perspective camera (in pcars 2, cockpit or helmet cam): it's the way to do it and anything else, it's not a simulation. RSR does not enforce it so it is the driver who in my opinion that should take the initiative.

Now...you just opened a pandora box @Jonno on this thread. We might need a moderator to put things in order before they go ape :D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Everyone should drive how he likes it the most. Moderator duties done :)

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
i have a strong opinated opinion that everyone should try to drive from a driver's perspective camera (in pcars 2, cockpit or helmet cam): it's the way to do it and anything else, it's not a simulation. RSR does not enforce it so it is the driver who in my opinion that should take the initiative.

Now...you just opened a pandora box @Jonno on this thread. We might need a moderator to put things in order before they go ape :D
I used to drive in the cockpit cam a few months back, but I switched to roof because I felt I was safer in that way and also a bit quicker?

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

i do like to poke the fire mate lol:rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::stop::punch::punch::punch::punch::punch::punch::punch::punch::punch::punch::punch::punch::punch::punch:

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
I used to drive in the cockpit cam a few months back, but I switched to roof because I felt I was safer in that way and also a bit quicker?
Taking the initiative to drive with a camera that makes you a safer driver is to be commended. You’re doing more to become a safer driver on track than some other members. Drive with what ever camera you feel comfortable and safest with, all are welcome here at RSR.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Taking the initiative to drive with a camera that makes you a safer driver is to be commended. You’re doing more to become a safer driver on track than some other members. Drive with what ever camera you feel comfortable and safest with, all are welcome here at RSR.

With that, we can close this discussion. Cheers :)

AFR CHRISILLAS

Community Member
Reaction score
guys I just rewatched the Top Gear segment on the Spa 24Hr race with Chris Harris and I have to say.... CAN WE PLEASE DO THIS RACE AGAIN :D:D:D

I think maybe because they crashed as much as I did on sunday I enjoyed it that much more haha

Last edited:

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Just a question, have you guys noticed any track evolution during the 2.4 hour race? I've read a hypothesis that using time/weather acceleration messes up livetrack and giving weird low grip results. For me I noticed that there seemed no evolution.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
@Nighttiger There was no weather transition in this race, so all should've been fine in that regard. The time acceleration is not coupled with the weather acceleration, therefore even running time compressed races with 1x weather progression should not give any trouble.

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
@Nighttiger There was no weather transition in this race, so all should've been fine in that regard. The time acceleration is not coupled with the weather acceleration, therefore even running time compressed races with 1x weather progression should not give any trouble.
So have you seen any track evolution?

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
So have you seen any track evolution?
I only felt a little less grip over night, but that might be because of the temperture that dropped a little and my tires who were already half gone.

Gosku

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Yea well just before sun came properly there was 3-4 laps with little lower grip and after that the track was at its peak but no there wasnt huge difference overtime it might have something to do with temperature drops happening too quickly if you run 10x and weather like x2 or more where its not flowing change of weather/time. On the other hand on pvp lobbies (not too much on dedicated) i have noticed with almost full grid overall grip levels are much lower than it is with single player or 1 - 4 car lobbies and little less grip on start and it might have more change when running these changing conditions

AndrexUK

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I tend to do my practice on 'on-line session', since there seamed quite a difference between on-line and off-line.
But you would think with more ppl in the lobby, it should be more grip (More rubber laid down on track?) but it always seams the other way around...
G55 was planted in my practice sessions, was most certainly looser during the actual race.

But in terms of track evolution, I don't think I noticed any chance (other than the expected night / cooler temp section).

Users who are viewing this thread