Project CARS 2 12th Aug 2018 - Dutchstop (1 Viewer)

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry for leaving early guys. After putting in way over 200 laps for SRCA over the last days, I just didn't have the stamina to finish this. Literally my lower legs and feet just gave up aching and nearly cramping. And after spinning out in the formation and having two further unwanted contacts with the environment, I wanted to play it safe for the rest of the field. Hope you all had a good race!

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
sry guys, but it seems like pCars2 doesn't like me lately, i don't want to rant but this time the usual track feels totally different than in all my practice hit me hard and random rear stepping out moments out of nowhere didn't help my motivation and i don't want to be a danger on track fighting my rear end constantly, so it was better to leave

hope you guys had at least a more issue free race than me

ProjectPD

Community Member
Reaction score
(Writing this from my mobile)

Very cool race guys.
The Aston Martin was VERY difficult to drive. As specialy with low fuel. My slower driving gets me into a lot of fights with other people.
The fight against @steveg200 and @AndrexUK was brilliant. It is a long time ago I had struggle over so many laps. If we had fight a bit longer it maybe had become a 4 racers battle, because the 6th position was catch up fast.
Sadly I saw lightings out of my window, so I had to shout down my computer.
I would say the pass of Steveg200 and AndrexUK does not apply. The real life weather don't give me the chance to fight that out for the next hour and to the end.;)

AndrexUK

Community Member
Reaction score
That was fun, but hard work!
Decided on the Ginetta late last night, and she was really stable, if not super fast!
Didn't feel as stable during the race tonight though :(
Q in P7 which was much higher than I was expecting, so was really hoping for a top 10!
Managed to hold P7, then 2 guys up ahead spun, which boosted my to P5!
But was expecting them to catch back up and pass me, but that didn't happen.

So then, I had a @AMG shaped @Raigore on my tail, and we stayed within 2 seconds for the first 1.5hrs!
He pitted before me, and I have a smaller tank, so managed to stay ahead after I pitted.
Managed to also jump ahead of @steveg200 as well!
But his Lambo was a fair bit faster, and after we both caught, and finally managed to pass @ProjectPD in his sexy Aston, I let @steveg200 past, as I didn't want to loose time defending, for @Raigore to catch back up again.
But he did anyway, and we spent another hour or so, with him breathing down my back!

@steveg200 didn't get the final flag right, and I got passed him (Thought he was out of fuel)
So somehow, I managed to put the plucky little Ginetta on the podium!

Was really good racing out there guys!
Looking forward to the next one!

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Awesome race! Felt absolutely comfortable with the car throughout the whole race. During the race I wasn't sure if the gap to Puffi will be enough, but luckily it was. GGs to everyone!

And apologies to @Henri, that was a bit rude from my side. It was on me to find a safe way around you. Could have also announced on TS that I'm about to lap you.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Before I eventually put up my video and do my usual race post, I want to say a big thank you to all the participants from tonight. Me and @Raigore were very happy with how that went, the clean start alone is worth a pat on the back. It was great to see the variety on the grid with everyone getting into the spirit of the event. And the racing itself was, of course, superb. Cheers guys!

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Actually migrated the 2017 iRacing Spa 24H team setup into Pcars (similar data with slight adjustment). The car is pretty understeery in general, but very smooth after the sun went down;
The first hour was pretty fun, a lot of action going on <-- The advantage of having a big field;
Some how used 0.3 litre less per lap in race than qualify, turned out that I used a different final drive, 3.91 compared to 3.97;
Had radiator setting from RSR/PRD race earlier in the year, and engine was at 115℃ when the sun was up. Had 20% engine damage and I thought that's enough to bring down my pace so I went for engine repair, plus I didn't practice pitstop, I ended up having a nearly 2-minute stop;
Then the race just went downhill in the second part. Was looking at rear view mirror, then that pit wall just ate my car;

Anyway, it was good fun. Hoping for more large grid races.

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
absolutely awesome race! I was in the action for the whole duration of the race, there was always someone to attack or to defend from.

My aim was to try to achieve a top 10 and i did P7, so i am absolutely thrilled with my performance.

Before my pit stop i was constantly behind or in front (or both) of 2 or 3 cars with a gap of 1-2 seconds with plenty of attempted moves, overtakes and some drama. I actually was asking for a slow down in the action at that point: the adrenaline was just to high!

After my pit stop the pace of the action slowed down a bit but still always in striking distance of other cars.

There were several drivers which whom i had very good battles but i have to make a special mention to @Battenberg : he is was faster than me no doubt, but for one reason or another we just kept being around each other.
Around 20min to the end, @Battenberg , that was 5-10sec in front of me made a blunder and i passed him....oh boy...those were 20min of awesome fighting: he was faster than me and i used every trick in the book to stay ahead. Finally on the last lap, at sector 3, he had a good run out of Stavelot and seemed to complete overtaking me just before Blanchimont, luckily for me, on the heat of the battle he spun on the Bus stop and i got P7 again :D.

This was without a doubt my favorite race of the year. Funny enough, my previously favorite race of the year was the modern Le Mans endurance race: it seems like i take more enjoyment out of this races :D

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Oh the field was really a well representation of all the cars: only the Merc SLS was not used. Out of curiosity, here is the final count:

Ferrari 488 5
BMW M6 4
Acura NSX 3
Mercedes AMG 3
Nissan GT-R Nismo 3
Lamborghini Huracan 2
Aston Martin Vantage 1
Audi R8 LMS 1
Bentley Continental 1
BMW Z4 1
Cadillac ATS-V.R 1
Ginetta G55 1
McLaren 650S 1
Porsche 911 1
Renault Spot R.S. 01 1
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG 0

I was mos def expecting the 488 and the M6 up on the top as this are very popular and dominating cars. The NSX and the Nismo are for me the big surprises. I was expecting the Audi R8 to definitely to be up on top...interesting numbers indeed.

The Hunter

Community Member
Reaction score
Kinda forgot this was on today so I had no practice beforehand.

Searched for a setup in the pc2tuner database for this track and just went on with it. Never drove the car before..

Q 13th which is what I expect from myself since I am never good in qualifying. My goal for the race was top 10 and try to stay out of trouble as much as possible. Besides from my own stupid spins I had no bad moments with anyone on track, really appreciate the great racing here guys! Also had a fun battle with @drukqs for the first half of the race. Second half of the race was quite lonely for me so I tried to set the quickest laps possible with my experience in the car and track. Ended up in 6th with no one withing 30 seconds ahead or behind me.

Very happy with the result and racing tonight!

AFR CHRISILLAS

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed that race at Spa today! That's the first time I have done the transition from Day to night and back again and I had a blast! Very well put together as usual and the guys were quick as always.

I was a bit disappointed with myself because I messed up the tuning for the Cadillac and as a result it was pretty undrivable in the high speed sections :( I think I crashed about 10 times haha and had to pit 7 times so that pretty much ruined the race for me. I got some comfort in seeing that my fastest lap was still good for a mid table finish but I just couldn't push consistently with how the car was behaving :(

Anyway just wanted to say again how much fun it was otherwise and Ill definitely take part in another endurance event like that!

Gosku

RSR Academy
Reaction score
AWESOME RACE! That was definitly fun race lot of battles and tons of action. For the first 35-45 mins had awesome battle for 12th? with @Blue Monkey i was bit faster but didnt find a spot to pass him and then i had spin and had 9 damage at front but had to try and manage it for one stop so lost couple places. I Went into the pits started charging found my self behind @drukqs but his new tires made it hard to follow so dropped down a bit until @Battenberg joined in the middle and slowed the both down a bit couple laps behind them i managed to pull a move on battenberg and was close to drukqs but eventually both of them spinning in pouhon gave me 8th place and bit of a gap behind until @Puffpirat came to lap me so like a true gentleman i vacated road to barriers to make room for superior driver and lost places back to drukqs and battenberg :D After that i was totally out of focus trying to push and had a spin coming into straight leading to blaunchemont and damaged my front again. I struggled fro couple of laps but group behind ended up catching me so i decided to go for fast pit stop and go for a charge after but coming out of the pits i ended up behind @Raigore and @AndrexUK fighting for p4 so didnt wanna unlap myself and ruin their fight so ended up cruising behind them to finish line for p11.

I have to just say one of the most interesting endurance races i have done with so many groups that were battling together and the variety of the cars. Seeing all the different cars i maybe should have gone with something else than ferrari but i think it has almost the best handling of all the cars in pc2 so i dont know what to switch it to :D and anyways i dont think it had too much of an advantage over others to ruin the fun of running other cars.

AndrexUK

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah, have to agree about the car selection ppl were using!
Was great to see so many different cars!
It's nice when it's not a league race (points on the line / pressure to do as well as possible) and you can run something different to what you normally would! Dust off those underused machines!

Major probs to @ProjectPD for running the sexy Aston! However, I was going to run it till you started doing laps that destroyed my Aston laptimes! Will need to grab your setup please :)
It is a little crazy we have to Handicap PD by putting him in the slowest car, and he is still up near the front!

Defo need to do more of these events!

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So gutted that I missed this one :(

Indeed, it would have been a joy for you to commentate...

Interesting that from the times that i could see on the gaps screen the top 3/4 were having quite an uneventful race with big gaps between them. It was in the mid field that all the action was concentrated lol.

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
Man, RSR have so good drivers. I mean, fierce, clean battles for P17 absolutely on the limit. Thumbs up for everyone.

Apparently, I had second fastest laptime after Iceman( I've pitted for some fresh rubber near the end of the race :p ), but as usual, lack of practice, setup work, consistency and few spins, 3 pitstops.

AndrexUK

Community Member
Reaction score
Think I finished with about 20 wear on my tires, even after 2.5 hours...
No real need to swap them for new tires due to wear, maybe the change of track temps may have worked for softs for a small period during the night stint, but don't really imagine it would have been cost effective over all, as you would probably have to swap back to hards during the day session again.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So, that's why all the public lobbies use this combo! :p Ok, here's my video with timestamps. Despite making too many mistakes with my edgy setup, I had so much fun fighting in the midfield. Fantastic racing @drukqs, @Blue Monkey, @Nighttiger, @steveg200, & @Gosku!

16:15 - Qualy hot lap (good for P4)
34:15 - Race start. Struggled with cold tyres and lose 1 place.
37:30 - Curb before No Name corner catches me out (wouldn't be the first time) and I get stuck half on the grass. Down to P6.
29:30 - Up to P5.
43:15 - Overshot the DutchStop. Down to P6.
44:10 - Spin avoidance, followed by my own spin. Down to P12.
47:15 - Caught up to the back of the train. Lots of good racing for next 20 minutes or so.
49:00 - Up to P11.
49:20 - Mistake from car ahead, contact in Pouhon, told to race on, up to P10.
51:55 - Caught up to Drukqs, the start of a familiar view for most of the race.
1:03:40 - Up to P9.
1:08:30 - Over ambitious move from me into Pouhon drops me and Drukqs behind Nighttiger.
1:10:15 - Terrifying spin at Eau Rouge, lucky to get away with no damage. Down to P16.
1:13:15 - Up to P15.
1:16:20 - Up to P14.
1:19:40 - Up to P12 (Pitstops).
1:26:10 - Caught up to Drukqs (again). 3 way battle for P10 develops.
1:32:10 - Hard racing ahead, retreat to safe distance...
1:27:40 - I find a stamp, lick it, send it, and it gets returned a corner later. No name curb strikes again.
1:37:00 - Back to safe distance. Up to P11. Fight for P10 brews.
1:41:55 - Pushing too hard leads to a spin. Again, lucky to get away with no damage. Down to P12.
1:53:10 - Pit in from P3 (Main pitstop cycle), rejoin in P12.
1:55:10 - Struggling on cold tyres, down to P13. Drukqs comes closer up behind.
1:56:55 - Up to P12 (Pitstop).
1:59:20 - Up to P11 (Pitstop).
2:00:00 - I overshoot Les Combes, down to P12. Shortly up to P11 (Retirement). On Drukqs tail for another stint of looking at the back of the Lambo.
2:02:20 - Down to P12.
2:05:25 - Spin at Pouhon, stay in P12.
2:06:30 - Up to P11 (Pitstop).
2:09:25 - Up to P10 (Disconnect).
2:12:05 - Up to P9.
2:13:45 - Back with Drukqs, again. Lengthy battle ensues.
2:16:05 - Up to P8 (Pitstop).
2:16:45 - Up to P7.
2:39:00 - Clumsy spin on curb stones, my lead over P8 is now gone.
2:40:00 - Down to P8 after mistake at T1. Battle with Drukqs for P7 to the end.
2:58:50 - Final lap & battle climax.

Raigore

Staff iRacing
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Spent pretty much the whole race behind @AndrexUK and couldnt really pass him unless he made a mistake. I think that Ginetta has just a little more straight line speed or I was just running a bit too much downforce, I dont know. Everytime I got past I was suddenly suprised how much more turn in you have without dirty air and made a mistake myself.

I pitted around the halfway point of the race, had to fuel up 120 liters, changed tyres, meanwhile @AndrexUK did another lap or two and when he left the pits he moved from being about 1s behind me to 12s ahead of me. Didnt you take tyres or is the tank just that much smaller on the Ginetta?

Like I said the car felt amazing after the stop, I made up 2 positions on track and caught up to the 3 way battle of @ProjectPD (who sadly had to retire) @steveg200 and @AndrexUK. I just tried to stick to the back of them and safe some fuel, because I wasnt sure I would have enough depending on when the leader would cross the line. At that time @steveg200 mustve found another gear on that Lambo because he managed to pull away from me and @AndrexUK for a few laps. From there it was just me and @AndrexUK in a formation flight til the end. I was quite happy when @fab. ICEMAN lapped us because if he would cross the line just ahead of us I would be good on fuel. However he had to pit 1 lap before the end and I unlapped myself, so I had the choice at the end of that lap: start the last lap with fuel for just half a lap or pit for a splash and dash. I went for the splash and dash but unfortunately my pit box was before the finish line so my race finished when I exited the pits because @fab. ICEMAN crossed the line in the meantime.

Awesome race! The start was really clean, immediately went to the replay after the race to take another look. Good Job everyone!

Congratulations to @fab. ICEMAN for the win! @AndrexUK thanks for the great battle. Probs to @ProjectPD for running the Aston and even being really fast in it aswell. Shame you had to end the race, couldve been a great 4 way battle for the podium.

i don't want to rant but this time the usual track feels totally different than in all my practice hit me hard and random rear stepping out moments out of nowhere
Had the same problem at the start of the race, it got a little better after about 20 minutes, then it got worse again when the temperatures droppen, what I expected tho. But strangely after the pitstop the car felt aboslutely amazing, exactly like in practice.

I struggled fro couple of laps but group behind ended up catching me so i decided to go for fast pit stop and go for a charge after but coming out of the pits i ended up behind @Raigore and @AndrexUK fighting for p4 so didnt wanna unlap myself and ruin their fight so ended up cruising behind them to finish line for p11.
Sorry for that. Realized you could probably go faster than us but just couldnt let you pass because I was trying so hard to keep up with @AndrexUK and maybe have a chance to catch up to @steveg200 again.

Users who are viewing this thread